red sox close to getting hanrahan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

red sox close to getting hanrahan?

ESPN Boston's Gordon Edes reports that Joel Hanrahan is close to being dealt to the Red Sox.

Source: ESPN Boston
    Dec 22

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: red sox close to getting hanrahan?

i wonder who we're giving up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Red Sox Closing In On Deal For Joel Hanrahan By Mike Axisa [December 22 at 12:24pm CST]

The Red Sox are moving closer to a trade for Joel Hanrahan, reports ESPN Boston's Gordon Edes. One source cautioned there is "still work to be done," however. It's unclear what the Pirates would receive for their closer, though Edes hears they want a "significant return."

Hanrahan, 31, pitched to a 2.72 ERA with 10.1 K/9 and 5.4 BB/9 in 59 2/3 innings for Pittsburgh last season. He earned $4.1MM and projects to earn $6.9MM through arbitration next year. Hanrahan is scheduled to become a free agent after 2013.

Andrew Bailey, Boston's incumbent closer, pitched to a 7.04 ERA in 15 1/3 innings in 2012 while missing most of the year with injuries. WEEI.com's Rob Bradford reports they have not discussed free agent Rafael Soriano despite having a protected first round pick. The Dodgers were among the teams with interest in Hanrahan in recent weeks.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#WLofPgd1F73e0mRZ.99

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it's more than a farm scrap or pen retread, it's too much.

[/QUOTE]

so how much of a bum is JH? lets get that out of the way now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I'd really like to see us pick up Garrett Jones in the deal as well.  I think he and Gomes would make an excellent platoon in Left.  Jones can play 1B too, and is somewhat expandable for Pittsburgh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

1:01pm: Jose Iglesias is not currently in the talks, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (on Twitter).

Interesting...I wonder who is?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1:01pm: Jose Iglesias is not currently in the talks, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (on Twitter).

Interesting...I wonder who is?

[/QUOTE]

yeah...i thought they were asking for iglesias...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd really like to see us pick up Garrett Jones in the deal as well.  I think he and Gomes would make an excellent platoon in Left.  Jones can play 1B too, and is somewhat expandable for Pittsburgh.

[/QUOTE]

i would love to get jones in the deal...but we would have to give up so much i think...is he even expandable? who would play 1B for them? i don't see anyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Something tells me they want Doubront or Aceves AND Morales.  While I would LOVE to bolster our BP.....and would give them Igesias in a NY minute.....if they want Doubront I would run away.  If they want Ace OR Morales plus a midlevel prospect....then go for it.  But not both...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Dumb move. Everything Cherry does is dumb. He could have had Ross for $8.5M per year, but paid $13M for Victorino. 

He's a bad GM

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dumb move. Everything Cherry does is dumb. He could have had Ross for $8.5M per year, but paid $13M for Victorino. 

He's a bad GM

[/QUOTE]

i'd take victorino over ross anyday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

He's a bad GM

[/QUOTE]

are you serious? i like ross but SV is much better. Perfect fit for fenway RF, GG defense, elite base stealer. good hitter and give us Ells insurance. Cody ross is a delow average defender, low speed, good hitter with medium power. AKA Gomes

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's a bad GM

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Had the brought brought Ross back he would have asked "why sign Ross when Victrino only cost a little more?"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]

He's a bad GM

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with mef here.  It is more like they could have had Ross for $26M/3 but chose Gomes for $10M/2

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

He's a bad GM

[/QUOTE]

This is why no one takes you seriously

You're calling it a dumb move, and you have no idea of what the trade is.  It is pathetic that a human being has so little thinking capacity that they think they can judge something with no details.

I thinks this puts you in the running for dumbest poster.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's a bad GM

[/QUOTE]

are you serious? i like ross but SV is much better. Perfect fit for fenway RF, GG defense, elite base stealer. good hitter and give us Ells insurance. Cody ross is a delow average defender, low speed, good hitter with medium power. AKA Gomes

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  While I do think he is overpaid....If Ross is worth $9 mil a year in this market....than SV is worth 13 mil.  Ask ANY Phillies fan and they will tell you that SV is the real deal and a great hard nosed player....in other words, the type of player that (other than Peedey) we have been missing around here for a long time.... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He's a bad GM

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Had the brought brought Ross back he would have asked "why sign Ross when Victrino only cost a little more?"

[/QUOTE]

lol..exactly...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

How about:

Iggy, Doubie and Wilson---the Sox flip Hanrahan for a needed 1b, or a RF or with other parts for a starting pitcher? Then sign Soriano.

I don't think they get Jones--the Pirates are without a solid replacement. Tough to replace 27 HR's and 86 RBI. They do have Gabe Sanchez.

This could go big maybe : Hanrahan, Jones, Wandy Rod and Tabata and a prospect for Lester, Ells, Miller,Pimental or Britton and Brentz.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about:

Iggy, Doubie and Wilson---the Sox flip Hanrahan for a needed 1b, or a RF or with other parts for a starting pitcher? Then sign Soriano.

I don't think they get Jones--the Pirates are without a solid replacement. Tough to replace 27 HR's and 86 RBI. They do have Gabe Sanchez.

This could go big maybe : Hanrahan, Jones, Wandy Rod and Tabata and a prospect for Lester, Ells, Miller,Pimental or Britton and Brentz.

[/QUOTE]

Well.....that looks like a video game trade but it's pretty even.....  You gotta figure fromt he Pirates point of view though.  The 2 main parts of the trade for them is Lester and Ells....Lester has a club option for 2014 and he's done and this is Ells last year.  Pittsburgh wants young players they can control for at least 3 years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to titletownfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i would love to get jones in the deal...but we would have to give up so much i think...is he even expandable? who would play 1B for them? i don't see anyone.

[/QUOTE]

They have Gaby Sanchez, who had some good years with the Marlins, who can take over for Jones at 1st.