red sox close to getting hanrahan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: red sox close to getting hanrahan?

I like the idea of getting Hanrahan. Solid addition to the pen, giving us two potential closers and increased depth. 

Nothing wrong with Bailey, Hanrahan and Uehara at the back end of the pen.

Of course we have to see who we are trading. I would not be surprised to see Bard in this deal. There doesn't seem like there is a role for him in Boston and he would a nice pickup for the Pirates.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about:

Iggy, Doubie and Wilson---the Sox flip Hanrahan for a needed 1b, or a RF or with other parts for a starting pitcher? Then sign Soriano.

I don't think they get Jones--the Pirates are without a solid replacement. Tough to replace 27 HR's and 86 RBI. They do have Gabe Sanchez.

This could go big maybe : Hanrahan, Jones, Wandy Rod and Tabata and a prospect for Lester, Ells, Miller,Pimental or Britton and Brentz.

[/QUOTE]

Iggy and Doubront are each more valuable than one year of Hanrahan.  No offense, but it is a ridiculous proposal for a guy that might not even be a closer or a setup for us.  If Bailey is healthy, he'll close.  If Tazawa is not made a starter, he had a much, much better season than Hanrahan last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How about:

Iggy, Doubie and Wilson---the Sox flip Hanrahan for a needed 1b, or a RF or with other parts for a starting pitcher? Then sign Soriano.

I don't think they get Jones--the Pirates are without a solid replacement. Tough to replace 27 HR's and 86 RBI. They do have Gabe Sanchez.

This could go big maybe : Hanrahan, Jones, Wandy Rod and Tabata and a prospect for Lester, Ells, Miller,Pimental or Britton and Brentz.

[/QUOTE]

Iggy and Doubront are each more valuable than one year of Hanrahan.  No offense, but it is a ridiculous proposal for a guy that might not even be a closer or a setup for us.  If Bailey is healthy, he'll close.  If Tazawa is not made a starter, he had a much, much better season than Hanrahan last year.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I would rather see Iggy as the long-term SS. I hope that he has a really strong Spring!

Our starters have to step up, but I thought that the off season add to the pen was good. Don't know why they chose Hanrahan, but obviously they see problems with Bailey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How about:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I would rather see Iggy as the long-term SS. I hope that he has a really strong Spring!

Our starters have to step up, but I thought that the off season add to the pen was good. Don't know why they chose Hanrahan, but obviously they see problems with Bailey.

[/QUOTE]

not exactly, theres no rule against having more than 1 "closer" usually closers are the best relievers, having multiple closers just means your BP is filled with great talent. Also Bailey DOES have an injury history with his elbow and it would be nice yet another lights out guy as insurance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like the idea of getting Hanrahan. Solid addition to the pen, giving us two potential closers and increased depth. 

Nothing wrong with Bailey, Hanrahan and Uehara at the back end of the pen.

Of course we have to see who we are trading. I would not be surprised to see Bard in this deal. There doesn't seem like there is a role for him in Boston and he would a nice pickup for the Pirates.

[/QUOTE]

Bard is a good choice, but probably not enough to swing it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'm thinking Morales and a prospect.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  That would be tooooo much......  Hanrahan will be a free agent at the end of 2013.....  And I hope it's not IGGY either !!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  That would be tooooo much......  Hanrahan will be a free agent at the end of 2013.....  And I hope it's not IGGY either !!

[/QUOTE]

hopefully any deal with a good prospect will be conditional on an extension

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hopefully any deal with a good prospect will be conditional on an extension

[/QUOTE]

But, knowing Ben, the extension might be $39M/3.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read somewhere that Hanrahan will warrant $7 mil. after arbitration.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, like I said, Ben might offer him $39M/3 like he has other $7M value players.

(LOL)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Red Sox Closing In On Deal For Joel Hanrahan By Mike Axisa [December 22 at 3:00pm CST]

3:00pm: The deal is not complete, but it is in the final stages, a Pirates source tells Bowden (on Twitter).

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#woKAkfI75DVDQjCz.99

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This from the clown who wantd a big trade.

[/QUOTE]Rather harsh, Ben !!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This from the clown who wantd a big trade.

[/QUOTE]Rather harsh, Ben !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Harsh but true....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

sounds like pimental is in the deal also. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Major upgrade here if we get Hanrahan to close. Remember Ben, pitching for pitching or pitching for prospect position players. (exam.) Hanrahan for Bailey and  Nava, Kalish, Inglasias. Not Hanrahan for Bailey and say Saltalamachia or Pedroia.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Red Sox Acquire Joel Hanrahan From Pirates By Zach Links [December 22 at 3:34pm CST]

The Red Sox and Pirates have agreed to a deal that will send Joel Hanrahan to Boston, according to Jim Bowden of ESPN.com (on Twitter).  Jerry Sands and Stolmy Pimentel will go to Pittsburgh in the swap and there will be more players involved in the deal.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#y72RlxdHDVji45BT.99

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-pirates/2012/12/22/3795070/pirates-trade-rumors-joel-hanrahan?ref=fangraphs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-pirates/2012/12/22/3795070/pirates-trade-rumors-joel-hanrahan?ref=fangraphs

[/QUOTE]

john farrell

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I wonder what the Red Sox will do with Bailey.  Can we send him and Sweeney back to Oakland for Reddick?    LOL 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Red Sox Acquire Joel Hanrahan From Pirates By Zach Links [December 22 at 4:03pm CST]

4:03pm: As it stands, the deal will be a six-player swap with four players going to Pittsburgh and two headed to Boston, according to Heyman (via Twitter).

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#T2RYSwQEW4hoFSfD.99

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder what the Red Sox will do with Bailey.  Can we send him and Sweeney back to Oakland for Reddick?    LOL 

[/QUOTE]

Wait!  If Sox toss in Gomes, then maybe A's will send Moss back, too!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]Red Sox Acquire Joel Hanrahan From Pirates By Zach Links[December 22 at 4:03pm CST]

4:03pm: As it stands, the deal will be a six-player swap with four players going to Pittsburgh and two headed to Boston, according to Heyman (via Twitter).

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#T2RYSwQEW4hoFSfD.99[/QUOTE]

Wonder who?  Clearing some guys off the 40-man today, eh?