red sox close to getting hanrahan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: red sox close to getting hanrahan?

In response to mechrisuk's comment:

No smiley, no funny context, theres not even any sarcasm within the post.  Quite difficult to extrapolate he wasn't serious.  Never the less, I'm quite happy to see he wasn't serious and my apologies if you were offended.

No offense taken.I was just trying funny and sometimes it doesn't translate well on these boards

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

6-foot-4, 250-pound righthanded two-time All Star closer born in 1981.

Are you ready for the second coming of Bobby Jenks?

Adjusted for inflation, Joel Hanrahan's projected 2013 salary of $6.9 million resembles Bobby Jenks' annual salary of $6 million with the Red Sox.

And they have that facial hair thing ...

Bobby Jenks signed with the Red Sox two years ago yesterday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

6-foot-4, 250-pound two-time All Star righthanded closer born in 1981.

Adjusted for inflation, Joel Hanrahan's projected 2013 salary of $6.9 million resembles Bobby Jenks' annual salary of $6 million with the Red Sox.

Thank you for that amazingly positive thought hill. Shouldn't you be celebrating the Mariners acquisition of Kendrys Morales?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mechrisuk. Show mechrisuk's posts

[/QUOTE]

I guess you might have to know mrmojo a little to realize he was joking there. I've been talking to him for years, so I realized he was joking. Sorry if I came across harsh.

[/QUOTE]

Not a problem mate and it was me who was chastising him without knowing him but at least I'm in the know now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Thank you for that amazingly positive thought hill. Shouldn't you be celebrating the Mariners acquisition of Kendrys Morales?

I am confident Joel Hanrahan will outperform Bobby Jenks on the Red Sox.

But the similarities were too much to pass up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

6-foot-4, 250-pound two-time All Star righthanded closer born in 1981.

yup...As long as the back issue is not one of their similarities, Its all good.

Alao they didnt give up any real value. Well, at least in pimentel and sands. Not sure who the other 3 involved are yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

True enough, and you got me. :-)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:

The three player trade is final and they reached an impass on the others. Sox wouldn't include Iglesias.

say's who?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i read melancon might be part of the deal.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Posted by Nick Cafardo, Globe StaffDecember 22, 2012 04:16 PM

ESPN's Jim Bowden has reported that the Red Sox and Pirates have finalized a Stolmy Pimental and Jerry Sands for Joel Hanrahan deal.

The teams were talking a Pimental/Sands package and were also trying to expand it further, but so far it appears they've stopped at three players.

Sands was acquired from the Dodgers in the Josh Beckett/Carl Crawford/Adrian Gonzalez deal last August 25th. Pimental was on Boston's 40-man roster and was once considered one of Boston's top pitching prospects.

The Pirates wanted Jose Iglesias but Boston wanted to hold on to the young shortstop.

If Hanrahan winds up in Boston, it would likely mean Andrew Bailey would be a set-up man to start the season or could also be trade bait.

Nothing about this on mlb trade rumours...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

ESPN's Jim Bowden tweeted that the Sox would send minor league pitcher Stolmy Pimentel and first baseman/outfielder Jerry Sands to Pittsburgh. Multiple industry sources indicated to ESPNBoston.com that the Sox could include pitcher Mark Melancon, in addition to Pimentel and Sands, in return for Hanrahan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

yes, Hanrahan and the Sox should live in perfect harmony in 2013, 55...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

yes, Hanrahan and the Sox should live in perfect harmony in 2013, 55...

and beyond hopefully

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

ESPN's Jim Bowden has reported that the Red Sox and Pirates have finalized a Stolmy Pimental and Jerry Sands for Joel Hanrahan deal.

The teams were talking a Pimental/Sands package and were also trying to expand it further, but so far it appears they've stopped at three players.

Sands was acquired from the Dodgers in the Josh Beckett/Carl Crawford/Adrian Gonzalez deal last August 25th. Pimental was on Boston's 40-man roster and was once considered one of Boston's top pitching prospects.

The Pirates wanted Jose Iglesias but Boston wanted to hold on to the young shortstop.

If Hanrahan winds up in Boston, it would likely mean Andrew Bailey would be a set-up man to start the season or could also be trade bait.

I'm just glad Doubront wasnt part of the deal!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I'm just glad Doubront wasnt part of the deal!

Me too. I think hes going to have a solid career. I would like to see if the Sox can get one of Sanchez or Jones in the deal as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Perhaps the other two for one is Doubrount and Melancon for Wandy Rodriguez or James McDonald. Since they are on the Maj. League roster they may have wanted to talk with them before things were finalized.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Perhaps the other two for one is Doubrount and Melancon for Wandy Rodriguez or James McDonald. Since they are on the Maj. League roster they may have wanted to talk with them before things were finalized.

Not sure the Sox need another starter since they just got Dempster. Maybe a depth signing, but wandy is not that kind of signing. Im hoping for either Sanchez or Jones.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

BC made a plan and has stuck to it. Hes made good moves so far. maybe not the most colorful, but certainly ones that will make this team better on and off the field all while keeping the future in tact.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

BC made a plan and has stuck to it. Hes made good moves so far. maybe not the most colorful, but certainly ones that will make this team better on and off the field all while keeping the future in tact.

And once again, a guy who could have value at the deadline if for some reason they aren't in it...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

And once again, a guy who could have value at the deadline if for some reason they aren't in it...

Yup, BC hasnt handcuffed the team with any of his acquisitions. All can be traded if need be and the prospects are still in tact. He still has enough $$  to sign more players or acquire someone at the deadline should he need to.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Yup, BC hasnt handcuffed the team with any of his acquisitions. All can be traded if need be and the prospects are still in tact. He still has enough $$  to sign more players or acquire someone at the deadline should he need to.

Yup, and I'm glad they kept Iglesias as well. People want to rush this kid, but he's still only going to be 23 when the season starts and he's played 244 games in the minors, or basically a season and a half worth of games at the Major League level.  That's why I love the Drew signing. He's healthy, he's playing for a contract, and he clearly makes them better next year, while Iglesias gets to play every day with a little less pressure in Pawtucket. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

Dumb move. Everything Cherry does is dumb. He could have had Ross for $8.5M per year, but paid $13M for Victorino. 

He's a bad GM

Why do you think this is a bad move?

ADG, still haven't heard why you think it was a dumb move.

Sections
Shortcuts