red sox close to getting hanrahan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: red sox close to getting hanrahan?

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps the other two for one is Doubrount and Melancon for Wandy Rodriguez or James McDonald. Since they are on the Maj. League roster they may have wanted to talk with them before things were finalized.

[/QUOTE]

Doubront is worth more than Wandy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BC made a plan and has stuck to it. Hes made good moves so far. maybe not the most colorful, but certainly ones that will make this team better on and off the field all while keeping the future in tact.

[/QUOTE]

And once again, a guy who could have value at the deadline if for some reason they aren't in it...

[/QUOTE]

Yup, BC hasnt handcuffed the team with any of his acquisitions. All can be traded if need be and the prospects are still in tact. He still has enough $$  to sign more players or acquire someone at the deadline should he need to.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, and I'm glad they kept Iglesias as well. People want to rush this kid, but he's still only going to be 23 when the season starts and he's played 244 games in the minors, or basically a season and a half worth of games at the Major League level.  That's why I love the Drew signing. He's healthy, he's playing for a contract, and he clearly makes them better next year, while Iglesias gets to play every day with a little less pressure in Pawtucket. 

[/QUOTE]

Im not sure why people are so quick to give up on a kid so young. They think if he hasnt made it by 22 then hes no good? Thats crazy. Iggy hit the ball hard last year, but had a ton of bad luck with those hard hit balls going right at someone. I believe he can maintain a 240-260 avg and an obp north of .300 in MLB. With his stellar GG defense, that will balance out.

I dont think Bogy will stick at SS and looks to be a nice fit in LF. If iggy does prove he can hit in MLB then Marerro could become a nice trade chip if he does well. or dare I say a possible move to 2b if pedey contract isnt extended in a couple years...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BC made a plan and has stuck to it. Hes made good moves so far. maybe not the most colorful, but certainly ones that will make this team better on and off the field all while keeping the future in tact.

[/QUOTE]

And once again, a guy who could have value at the deadline if for some reason they aren't in it...

[/QUOTE]

Yup, BC hasnt handcuffed the team with any of his acquisitions. All can be traded if need be and the prospects are still in tact. He still has enough $$  to sign more players or acquire someone at the deadline should he need to.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, and I'm glad they kept Iglesias as well. People want to rush this kid, but he's still only going to be 23 when the season starts and he's played 244 games in the minors, or basically a season and a half worth of games at the Major League level.  That's why I love the Drew signing. He's healthy, he's playing for a contract, and he clearly makes them better next year, while Iglesias gets to play every day with a little less pressure in Pawtucket. 

[/QUOTE]

Im not sure why people are so quick to give up on a kid so young. They think if he hasnt made it by 22 then hes no good? Thats crazy. Iggy hit the ball hard last year, but had a ton of bad luck with those hard hit balls going right at someone. I believe he can maintain a 240-260 avg and an obp north of .300 in MLB. With his stellar GG defense, that will balance out.

I dont think Bogy will stick at SS and looks to be a nice fit in LF. If iggy does prove he can hit in MLB then Marerro could become a nice trade chip if he does well. or dare I say a possible move to 2b if pedey contract isnt extended in a couple years...

[/QUOTE]

Haha!  You never know.  I think they want Pedey to retire in a Sox uniform, but crazier things have happened.  I asked a lot of questions about Boegarts in Nashville and the consensus seemed to be that he will be given every opportunity to stick at short with left field being the only other possibility at this point.  He's as untouchable as it gets.  I asked about 1st base and that was a definite "no."  I actually got to talk to Tek on Wednesday night at a bar called "Fuse" and he's definitely a sound board for all transactions and loving it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Melancon might be part of this deal.  Don't really know why.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Cherry's 3rd correct acquisition and 1st correct trade acquisition deal.

1) The trade of back-up 2Bman Scutaro for Mortensen also freed up cash for us to sign Ross, Shoppach and Padilla. "Correct"

2) The trade of cash for Podsednick worked well, correct?

3) The trade of Pods and Albers for Breslow was "correct" (we then got Pods back for free).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Now, they are saying Melancon might be part of the deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha!  You never know.  I think they want Pedey to retire in a Sox uniform, but crazier things have happened.  I asked a lot of questions about Boegarts in Nashville and the consensus seemed to be that he will be given every opportunity to stick at short with left field being the only other possibility at this point.  He's as untouchable as it gets.  I asked about 1st base and that was a definite "no."  I actually got to talk to Tek on Wednesday night at a bar called "Fuse" and he's definitely a sound board for all transactions and loving it. 

[/QUOTE]

Wish I was in Tenn and couldve attended the winter meetings. Im jealous.  So Tek likes all these moves? 

People have suggested 1b for Bogy, but he really seems more like a slugging LF'er like manny was. Not sure he will stick at SS, especially if Iggy starts hitting even a little bit. Time will tell...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to rickerd2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there should be one more from each team still to be named. Im hoping one is either G. Jones or G. Sanchez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd give Salty, Iggy (since Ben won't ever let him play), Sands, Pimental, and Melancon for Hanrahan and G Jones. Then, let Naps walk away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there should be one more from each team still to be named. Im hoping one is either G. Jones or G. Sanchez.

[/QUOTE]

I Like Garrett Over Sanchez..........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I Like Garrett Over Sanchez..........

[/QUOTE]

Me too, but I think the Pirates do too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wish I was in Tenn and couldve attended the winter meetings. Im jealous.  So Tek likes all these moves? 

People have suggested 1b for Bogy, but he really seems more like a slugging LF'er like manny was. Not sure he will stick at SS, especially if Iggy starts hitting even a little bit. Time will tell...

[/QUOTE]
    Next year it's Orlando, actually a week later than normal.  You should defintely plan a trip.  We both live in Boston, so obviously should meet first.  It's pretty awesome. 

I asked Tek to take a pic because woman in my company loves him and I wanted to text pic to her.  He wouldn't take pic in bar (normal), and then on way out he accused me of f*arting, but didn't do it, so we argued (kiddingly) all the way out. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Next year it's Orlando, actually a week later than normal.  You should defintely plan a trip.  We both live in Boston, so obviously should meet first.  It's pretty awesome. 

I asked Tek to take a pic because woman in my company loves him and I wanted to text pic to her.  He wouldn't take pic in bar (normal), and then on way out he accused me of f*arting, but didn't do it, so we argued (kiddingly) all the way out. 

[/QUOTE]

I have family in Tampa and could easily stay there. I def want to go.

Funny stuff. arguing with tek about who farted...Classic!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

gabby sancehz would not make much sense, i would say the 3 guys that do are james mcdonald, garret jones or jose tabata.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd give Salty, Iggy (since Ben won't ever let him play), Sands, Pimental, and Melancon for Hanrahan and G Jones. Then, let Naps walk away.

[/QUOTE]

I Hate To Give Up Salty, Thats 25 Over The Fence, How About Lava.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have family in Tampa and could easily stay there. I def want to go.

Funny stuff. arguing with tek about who farted...Classic!

[/QUOTE]

Haha...He's a dry basta*d...we'll have a beer in Boston...heading out now to the "Lincoln" in Southie, but I'll be in touch...Well worth it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Send Bailey and Sweeney back to Oakland for Reddick.   j/k

Bud Selig should have pulled a David Stern and block that trade.  LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK with me, but Salty will bolt after 2013, while Lava has many more years of team control.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK with me, but Salty will bolt after 2013, while Lava has many more years of team control.

[/QUOTE]

being kind of shortsighted assuming every FA will bolt eh moon? salty would definitely come back if we matched any offer he got.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

The bullpen looks amazing on paper, assuming one of these guys can be a legitimate closer. Wouldn't mind seeing them movie some younger guys for a legitimate SP now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Jones can platoon in Left with Gomes.  We can still sign Napoli.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

being kind of shortsighted assuming every FA will bolt eh moon? salty would definitely come back if we matched any offer he got.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think if he shows more improvement and deserves a contract, he would try to negotiate something with the Sox first.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I doubt Pitt wants a catcher anyways. They just signed Martin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

yes  i,ve  been  thinking theyed get garret jones for sometime  to  split time  with naps and gomes  he,s a perfect fit lefthanded plays some first along with outfield  .dam how about that bullpen dam it looking nice

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

i have a feeling thats whats holding this up yes it could be wishfull thinking to but it could come true  something funnys up