Red Sox Clubhouse Culture......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Red Sox Clubhouse Culture......

In Response to Re: Red Sox Clubhouse Culture......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Clubhouse Culture...... : When do you have time to watch the other 10-15 MLB games every night that are on your MLB Extra Innings Package? I would think that the Cincinnati and Boston broadcasts would be enough to occupy your time. Do you record all of the other games? How many VRDs do you have in your house. You must be retired to have that much time. Please give us a ranking sometime of how boring all 30 MLB broadcast teams when you have a few extra minutes of time. Very few subscribers to the package watch every broadcast. Hats off to you however. When do you take a break to pee or eat the sub sandwich?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

I don't have any VRD's pike. You'll find those kinds of things among your counter culture/alternate free-lifestyle forums. You know, the kind your mental wonderings prove you seek out? I hope you've had all your shots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

I like Remy and Orsillo and even if I did not, I wouldn't come here to join the masses that dislike every commentator, scribe, columnist, reporter, manager, coach, GM, owner, and Heidi. The forum just has too many old men who dislike everything about life from burning their toast in the morning to putting out their damn cat before bed at night. Give it a rest people we are tired of the grumbling. Just the other day Alibiike found a $20 bill on his front sidewalk and was in here bi-tching that is was wrinkled and dirty.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Clubhouse Culture...... : I agree about   Orsillo but I think all things considered  remy keeps it pretty real
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Must be tough watching YES and NESN at the same time every night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

other then lester we have no i mean no startes    other then mrales atchison whers our bullpen

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

I wish ESPN would bring back the Joe Morgan and Jon Miller tandem...I might even watch a D'backs vs. Padres tilt (for an inning perhaps) if they are doing the play-by-play...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Clubhouse Culture...... : Must be tough watching YES and NESN at the same time every night.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the kind of post you rail against?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

About the "Clubhouse Culture."

To some extent, I think it's overrated for baseball. There have been great teams in the past where players physically fought each other in the clubhouse yet still won. Remember the Oakland A's of the 1970s.

If it's true that the players are selfish, OK, fine. As an individual, it doesn't help each of them to sck and not hit or pitch well. Even if they're out for themselves, when they're a the plate or pitching, they're not going to purposely hit poorly and pitch poorly because they don't like a teammate.

The only way a "greedy" player gets that next big contract is to perform. Baseball is a team sport, but also an individual one, in which much of it is pitcher vs. batter. A batter doesn't have to worry about a ball-hogging teammate like in basketball for example, where a selfish player can hurt the one-the-field/court product.

And I really don't think it's a chicken-and-the-egg deal in which you say, what comes first -- winning or clubhouse culture.

Teams with crppy talent could have a great clubhouse culture, but if that great culture isn't going to help them win. As they continue to lose, that culture will take a hit. So a team with a talented team with lousy culture starts winning, all of a sudden the clubhouse culture is completely different.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Bill Lee told me once that Reggie Smith threw him inside a trash can - he also said with a chuckle that they really hated one another. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

John Kruk has never struck me as a solid citizen, commentator, etc.  It's early in the season and anything can happen, but he has to say something interesting, so he jumps on the Red Sox because they are off to a slow start.  He of course totally ignores the fact that last year the Sox also got off to a lousy start--no doubt because of the lousy "clubhouse culture"--but came roaring back in May, June, July, and even August.  They folded in the September because the pitching collapsed.

And that's the problem right now.  Beckett and Buchholz both stunk in their first starts.  The bullpen was horrible in all but the one win.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]I wish ESPN would bring back the Joe Morgan and Jon Miller tandem...I might even watch a D'backs vs. Padres tilt (for an inning perhaps) if they are doing the play-by-play...
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

Oh Dear Lord, NO.  Anything but more (Hall  of Famer) Joe Morgan time!!  I llike (and miss) Jon Miller, but I've had enough of Joe Morgan's self-agrandizing to last me the rest of my life!