Red Sox contact Dodgers about Kuroda

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Red Sox contact Dodgers about Kuroda

From MLBTraderumors.com:

The Red Sox called the Dodgers about Hiroki Kuroda, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link). The Red Sox don't appear to have started an all-out search for rotation help, but it's not surprising to hear of their interest in Kuroda given the injuries their starters have sustained.

Daisuke Matsuzaka is out for the season, Clay Buchholz and Jon Lester are on the disabled list and there's no guarantee that Josh Beckett, who did not pitch in the All-Star Game because of a sore left knee, will make his scheduled start Sunday. As a result, Andrew Miller, Tim Wakefield and Kyle Weiland are members of the rotation, which seems considerably less formidable than it did a few months ago.

The Tigers and Yankees are among the many clubs interested in Kuroda, according to Heyman. The 36-year-old right-hander will require compensation to waive his no-trade clause and accept a deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Red Sox contact Dodgers about Kuroda

Let's see:  Japanese's Pitcher with a career losing record in the soft National League.  Just what we don't need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well as far as Jon Jeyman is concerned, I'll believe none of what I hear and half of what I see. for one thing, Buch and Lester are closer to coming off the DL and Josh has proclaimed himself healthy and ready to pitch sunday. Miller has been nothing short of spectacular since he got here and Wake continues to pitch well. Heyman also didn't mention that Lackey is also a member of the rotation and had his best outing of the season last time he took the ball. You know the old saying mojo! opinions are just like buttholes, everybody's got one.

and I just gave you mine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

This ought to be good. May the onslaught begin!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox contact Dodgers about Kuroda:
    [QUOTE]Let's see:  Japanese's Pitcher with a career losing record in the soft National League.  Just what we don't need.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Win and Loss records aren't always an indication of how good or bad a pitcher is.While this season so far he has started 18 games,owns a 6-10 record,his ERA is a pretty low 3.06.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NO THANK YOU !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

what do you say  Hammah29r2

opinions are just like buttholes, everybody's got one.

and I just gave you mine. 

ok here's mine

Miller has been nothing short of spectacular since he got here

a tad to far don't you think

'very good '  NP  ''spectaclar ''    not yet buddy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

agreed Bill! what's wrong right now having

beckett
    lackey
    wake
    aceves
    miller

until buch and lester are totally healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]agreed Bill! what's wrong right now having beckett lackey wake aceves miller until buch and lester are totally healthy.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

My bumper sticker reads:

"YOUR WALLET!
    The only pace Democrats want to drill."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Miller has been nothing short of spectacular since he got here"

Whoa.......easy guy.  He's been good but to say he's been nothing short of spectacular is a huge overstatement.  Yes, he's 3-0 but it hasn't been against great competition and his peripheral numbers are pretty ordinary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]"Miller has been nothing short of spectacular since he got here" Whoa.......easy guy.  He's been good but to say he's been nothing short of spectacular is a huge overstatement.  Yes, he's 3-0 but it hasn't been against great competition and his peripheral numbers are pretty ordinary.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

One man's spectacular is another man's pretty good!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox contact Dodgers about Kuroda : One man's spectacular is another man's pretty good!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

...and another man's pretty good is fair...

Kuroda has lowered his ERA that last three years with his WHIP going up just a bit...it would cost @ 6million of his one year 12 million salary...I dont think the Dodgers would want much as far as prospects...

He has excellent control and would round out the rotation...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

[QUOTE]agreed Bill! what's wrong right now having beckett lackey wake aceves miller until buch and lester are totally healthy.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

well lets see... you think we should stick with a rotation that features an ace and 4 number 5 starters? aceves is not as starter. he stunk when he was in the rotation and does much better in a long relief role which is where he should stay. wake is brutal and is so easy to steal off of its not even funny, lackey is as unpredictable as they come in terms of starters but for the most part has stunk, and miller is still uproven as all his starts have come against crap teams. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

lets hope theo does not seriously try to acquire kuroda. we need a number 3 starter as clay buchholz may not be back for awhile. our options are pretty limited. garza would be a good pick up, liriano maybe, and the pipe dream option would be ubaldo jimenez who may be available but i doubt the sox would seriously pursue him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I have seen Kuroda pitch several times. He does have good stuff. Depends on what it would take to get him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox contact Dodgers about Kuroda : well lets see... you think we should stick with a rotation that features an ace and 4 number 5 starters? aceves is not as starter. he stunk when he was in the rotation and does much better in a long relief role which is where he should stay. wake is brutal and is so easy to steal off of its not even funny, lackey is as unpredictable as they come in terms of starters but for the most part has stunk, and miller is still uproven as all his starts have come against crap teams. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]
    It's not even funny that Wakefield has only given up 4 stolen bases.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

You can never have too much pitching IMHO.He's not King Felix,but certainly a decent pitcher from what I've seen of him.I think he'd adapt fairly well to the AL East,after all he adapted from Japan to LA pretty good.
      Like dgalehouse said,it could be a solid deal,but of course it would depend on the asking price.

Sections
Shortcuts