Red Sox deal for Harden falls through.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Red Sox deal for Harden falls through.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/07/red-sox-closing-in-on-deal-for-rich-harden.html

I guess this is an interesting turn of events.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Red Sox deal for Harden falls through.

They still have about 15 Hours to work it out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I guess the Elmer's didn't hold.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Welcome to 2011; where 12th and 13th Hr deals fall thru. High Powered Rubber Cement wouldn't help, Harness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm sure a deal will work out.

Anderson would be a fine addition to the Oakland A's. 

If Harden can stay healthy, then he can help Boston. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'll be honest... Here's what I think is going on.

The Yankees see that the Red Sox gave up barely anything to get Harden.

Cashman calls Beane and wants to discuss a deal before the Sox/A's deal is finalized.

Cashman offers a better prospect than Lars Anderson.

Beane calls off the deal (for now)

The Yankees are attempting to block the trade.  That has to be what's going on.  I can't think of any other scenario.  The deal was just pending a physical 2 hours ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think giving up Anderson for Harden is a very fair deal for both sides. 

"IF" the Yankees have a better offer, then let them have Harden. 
    Adding Harden to the Red Sox does not improve the team dramatically anyway.

Besides, the Yankees are more desperate for pitching than Boston is.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Another update via mlbtraderumors.com and WEEI...

SUNDAY, 12:36am: A major league source says that the BoSox are not counting on the deal getting done, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com.

I guess this isn't one of those minor hicups.  It looks more like the deal has completely fallen through.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It could all be posturing as well. The Sox could be trying to scare another team into thinking they will go elsewhere unless the other team ponies up. I think some teams are desperate to unload salary and clear up space for youth to rebuild.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

This is ridiculous. It feels like every year before 2004 all of a sudden. Let me guess, just another idiot major leaguer that doesn't want to play in Boston?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox deal for Harden falls through.:
    [QUOTE]This is ridiculous. It feels like every year before 2004 all of a sudden. Let me guess, just another idiot major leaguer that doesn't want to play in Boston?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have a no-trade clause so it wouldn't be his choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I guess we should stop speculating, I have run through the scenarios and I am only getting more upset with each one I think of.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From MLBTraderumors.com:

SUNDAY,1:05am: Uncertainty after a review of Harden's medicals led the deal coming apart, tweets Speier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]From MLBTraderumors.com: SUNDAY,1:05am: Uncertainty after a review of Harden's medicals led the deal coming apart, tweets Speier.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Hmm, so I guess it was the medical records afterall.  Well folks, fasten your seatbelts because tomorrow now becomes very interesting.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox deal for Harden falls through. : Hmm, so I guess it was the medical records afterall.  Well folks, fasten your seatbelts because tomorrow now becomes very interesting.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

should be fun.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

haha lets all give mr.epstein a round of applause. He passed on ubaldo jimenez and now his pathetic back up plan falls apart too because harden has medical issues, imagine that. So now all the sox have to show for this years trade deadline is.......mike aviles! So now what? Ubaldo has been dealt, pence has been delt, beltran has been dealt(not that i wanted him), kuroda is not going anywhere, bedard is basically the left handed harden and got hammered his last start, so who does theo get? He blew the chance to get a player that would turn the sox into word series contenders because he did not want to get rid of his beloved prospects. (imagine that, theo failing to make a deal because he would not trade his prospects, that never happens lol.) Maybe he can convince the cubs to trade garza, or nolasco/sanchez from florida, thats about all i can come up with. Unless theo can pull something off that none of us saw coming, it looks as if he really screwed things up. The sox have a really good team this year and needed that number 3 starter in order to go deep into the playoffs and win the world series. Theo failed to fill that need and it will hurt the sox. Nice going boy blunder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i just dont get who or what theo is saving all of his prospects for. Many of the starting spots on the team are locked down for quite awhile. And by the time we need guys for those positions a new wave of prospects will have come in. Ok I think we all know who he wants but will never get. (felix hernandez) Even though the mariners really should trade him, there is no way the sox will ever get him unless the give up like 6 prospects for him. If he was to be made available the yankees would be all over him and give up their top prospects for him which at this point especially in the pitching department are better than ours. This was theo's chance and he blew it plain and simple. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]haha lets all give mr.epstein a round of applause. He passed on ubaldo jimenez and now his pathetic back up plan falls apart too because harden has medical issues, imagine that. So now all the sox have to show for this years trade deadline is.......mike aviles! So now what? Ubaldo has been dealt, pence has been delt, beltran has been dealt(not that i wanted him), kuroda is not going anywhere, bedard is basically the left handed harden and got hammered his last start, so who does theo get? He blew the chance to get a player that would turn the sox into word series contenders because he did not want to get rid of his beloved prospects. (imagine that, theo failing to make a deal because he would not trade his prospects, that never happens lol.) Maybe he can convince the cubs to trade garza, or nolasco/sanchez from florida, thats about all i can come up with. Unless theo can pull something off that none of us saw coming, it looks as if he really screwed things up. The sox have a really good team this year and needed that number 3 starter in order to go deep into the playoffs and win the world series. Theo failed to fill that need and it will hurt the sox. Nice going boy blunder.
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

This is a ridiculous post, as usual.  The Sox are already World Series contenders in case you haven't been watching for the past 3 months.  The Indians gave up two pitchers in the top 50 in the game and more.  The Sox didn't have the prospects to compete with that.  The reason the Sox are in first place is because of Theo.  If you want to assign blame, assign credit as well.  By the way, when you type "lol" are you really laughing out loud or are you just trying to annoy?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox deal for Harden falls through. : Hmm, so I guess it was the medical records afterall.  Well folks, fasten your seatbelts because tomorrow now becomes very interesting.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Wow. What a shocker!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

haha lets all give mr.epstein a round of applause. He passed on ubaldo jimenez and now his pathetic back up plan falls apart too because harden has medical issues, imagine that. So now all the sox have to show for this years trade deadline is.......mike aviles! So now what? Ubaldo has been dealt, pence has been delt, beltran has been dealt(not that i wanted him), kuroda is not going anywhere, bedard is basically the left handed harden and got hammered his last start, so who does theo get? He blew the chance to get a player that would turn the sox into word series contenders because he did not want to get rid of his beloved prospects. (imagine that, theo failing to make a deal because he would not trade his prospects, that never happens lol.) Maybe he can convince the cubs to trade garza, or nolasco/sanchez from florida, thats about all i can come up with. Unless theo can pull something off that none of us saw coming, it looks as if he really screwed things up. The sox have a really good team this year and needed that number 3 starter in order to go deep into the playoffs and win the world series. Theo failed to fill that need and it will hurt the sox. Nice going boy blunder.
    Posted by redsoxpride

Is this post for real? You are criticizing your GM for not trading prospects (Even though he made the best trade of the past 5 years during the offseason to get A-Gone), and saying that the Sox are not World Series contenders? They are far and away the best team in baseball. Why would he have thrown prospects away on the diminishing Ubaldo Jiminez or the ALWAYS injured Harden? Why throw your future away on commodities that are unknown? Theo has shown great RESTRAINT here, not making a deal, just to make a deal, for the purpose of making ignorant fans happy.

Speaking of ignorant fans...everytime a trade doesn't work out, it's not the fault of EVIL BRIAN CASHMAN and the EVIL YANKEES. When are Sox fans going to realize that they now operate on the same level as their hated rivals, buying players and throwing huge money around to keep the players they want. Your status as loveable underdogs is gone. If the Yanks are the Evil Empire, then the BoSox are Vassals to that kingdom. Stop crying the blues about not being able to compete. (Try being a Reds fan)  You are the havingest of the haves. Deal with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

How can someone have the name RedSoxPride and not have any pride for his team? Lol. Sad... Jiminez may be injured so what makes you think that wasn't a good move? Not to mention we didnt have the prospects to get him anyways... Jiminez gave up 4 ERS in 1 inning yesterday... GUESS WHAT! Thats worse than what Bedard did! so how are you going to use the excuse he got hammered his last start. IF that should stop us from getting Bedard that sure could stop us from going for Jiminez not to mention how the Rox didn't allow the yankees to get a physical for him thats not suspicious at all. Theo obviously has another trick under his sleeve i mean he usually does... Did anyone ever expect us to trade manny and get JBAY? Theo always comes through in the end... You say he never deals his prospects yet he traded like 5 for Agon, 2 for Vmart, 2 for Aviles, etc.... How are we not a world series contender?? After going 2-10 we have the best record in the american leagues and second best record in baseball. SOUNDS LIKE A CONTENDER TO ME! When Buchholz comes back we will have 3 really good starters Versus Phillies 4. The World Series is a 7 game series. so lets say we can beckett and lester and lose with Clay. that 2-1. Lackey loses. thats 2-2. Play Beckett on 4 days rest. and Lester on 4 Days rest i think we can win with 3 good starters thank you very much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

What I don't understand is this:  Harden was a known health risk.  What in his medical records could have scared the Sox off?  His inability to pitch a full season is well known. 

He has pitched very little this year.  Seems to me he should be able to finish the year off without getting injured again as his arm is fresh.  What did they see that they didn't already suspect?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

The deal was killed by Harden's medical history. According to an MLB source, the Red Sox pulled the plug after reviewing Harden's records and coming to the conclusion he would not be able to get through the season.