Red Sox deal for Harden falls through.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from javaukti. Show javaukti's posts

Re: Red Sox deal for Harden falls through.

In Response to Re: Red Sox deal for Harden falls through.:
    From MLBTraderumors.com: SUNDAY,1:05am: Uncertainty after a review of Harden's medicals led the deal coming apart, tweets Speier.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Harden had a lat injury. Maybe they learned something about lat injuries after waht Lester went through.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

If he is healthy enough to pitch now, and his last start seemed a good indication he is, then the likelihood of him getting through another 9 - 10 starts to finish the year seems good to me.  And that is all you are getting anyway, since he is heading to FA anyway.  I agree with varsitypaws, I'd take the chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

When they saw the X Rays in his medical file they confirmed that his elbow and shoulder are being held together by duct tape and rubber bands

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Lots of crazies here who want to give up Anderson still for someone with bad medical prognosis. They would probably be the same posters who would bash Theo later on when Harden's arm falls off and Anderson excels for Oakland. Their mantra is that Theo is always wrong no matter what he does. Disciples of Law. Such idiocy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

What I don't understand is this:  Harden was a known health risk.  What in his medical records could have scared the Sox off?  His inability to pitch a full season is well known.  He has pitched very little this year.  Seems to me he should be able to finish the year off without getting injured again as his arm is fresh.  What did they see that they didn't already suspect?
    Posted by parhunter1

It is kind of odd, isn't it?  Harden's injury history is no surprise to anyone, so what could Theo have seen that was so bad that he would call the deal off when he wasn't giving up much to begin with?

I don't know, but I trust Theo's judgment.  Hopefully, he can pull something off for a solid starter today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

I'll be honest... Here's what I think is going on. The Yankees see that the Red Sox gave up barely anything to get Harden. Cashman calls Beane and wants to discuss a deal before the Sox/A's deal is finalized. Cashman offers a better prospect than Lars Anderson. Beane calls off the deal (for now) The Yankees are attempting to block the trade.  That has to be what's going on.  I can't think of any other scenario.  The deal was just pending a physical 2 hours ago.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Nope, it was the Sox who put the kibash on it after examining Harden's medical records.  For once I agree with Epstein.  I don't want another frail, injury prone fool on the mound.  We have enough of that in Bucholtz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Should be fun watching the wires today to see who gets pulled from a game or is pulled from a start at the last minute!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Heres whats on the Trade Deadline Updates

"On the Harden deal: He's had more than one injection in his shoulder since he returned to the active roster in July? Why did the deal get this far before the Red Sox decided to pull the plug on Harden's medicals?

Everyone knows Harden's medicals aren't good. The fact that Sox team doctors didn't review medicals and only the trainer did is also not usual procedure for the Red Sox. The sides did try to work it out with the Red Sox asking the player-to-be-named to be removed or the quality of player reduced. But the A's wouldn't go for it. The Sox really weren't giving up much. Lars Anderson is a redundant player."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In my mind, I would take the chance that he was going to make it through the season,(as long as he is healthy enough to pitch now)when I was only giving up Anderson. If I was giving up a better prospect it would be a different story. In Response to Re: Red Sox deal for Harden falls through. :
    Posted by varsitypaws

Agreed.  It was already known that he wasn't going for 30 starts.  I'd think he would make it for another 10 or so, but I am not a MLB GM or a doctor.

Sections
Shortcuts