Red Sox did not bid on Yu Darvish...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Red Sox did not bid on Yu Darvish...

... according to this tweet from the Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo:

http://twitter.com/#!/nickcafardo/status/147078708337983488

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Re: Red Sox did not bid on Yu Darvish...

I won't believe it until the winner is announced.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

No surprise.       Either Toronto, NYY, or Texas will get Darvish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I believe that they didn't...total cost to sign this guy will probably exceed 100 mil - a figure the Sox will not even entertain.  You have to know the Yanks will put in a bid, so that tells you the price will be high.  The Sox can not afford another Dice-K, CC or Beckett type contract failure.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox did not bid on Yu Darvish...:
    [QUOTE]I believe that they didn't...total cost to sign this guy will probably exceed 100 mil - a figure the Sox will not even entertain.  You have to know the Yanks will put in a bid, so that tells you the price will be high.  The Sox can not afford another Dice-K, CC or Beckett type contract failure.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

We can't afford a Beckett type failure?

We can't afford to sign anymore SPs with a 2.89 ERA?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Good point Joe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

And I'd rather see Saunders than Timmy Wakefield.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Mark my words.  Yu Darvish will have a much better career over the next 6 or 7 years than Joe Saunders.

Joe Saunders = John Lackey, talent-wise, stuff-wise and production-wise.  He will flop just as badly, in all likelihood.  It's just that he will cost 6 million or so, and not 14 million or so, and he doesn't need TJ surgery (as far as we know).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

gotta say i am really disappointed that the sox did not even bid on yu darvish. this just shows how dumb the sox fo really is. they had a chance to add a potential ace for just money no prospects and the passed on it. and apparently they are interested in joe saunders. do they realize he gave up 29 homers last year pitching in a weak division? great thats exactly what we need another mediocre at best pitcher. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

RSP34...We agree!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]gotta say i am really disappointed that the sox did not even bid on yu darvish. this just shows how dumb the sox fo really is. they had a chance to add a potential ace for just money no prospects and the passed on it. and apparently they are interested in joe saunders. do they realize he gave up 29 homers last year pitching in a weak division? great thats exactly what we need another mediocre at best pitcher. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

definitely questioning their decisionmakng

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I strongly agree with RSP34.. very disapponinting...
    Ben spends no time to sign 34 yrs old back up infieder to a 2-yr contract and he's trying to sign Joe Saunders now... That's NOT upgrading our team....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather see them take a chance on Saunders for reasonable money than sign another Daisuke. Remember all the hyperbole about Matsuzaka and his wondrous "gyro ball?"
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Kuroda is better than Saunders. Just what we need, another John Lackey, Angel reject!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If either of Blue Jays or Yankees land him, Ben is going to regret big time.  I think Darvish will have impact right away.  If a player has 7 yrs of professional experience and career ERA under 2.00, you have to take the risk no matter where the guy is coming from. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox did not bid on Yu Darvish... : We can't afford a Beckett type failure? We can't afford to sign anymore SPs with a 2.89 ERA?
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

That statement leaves out a whole lot of good SP. Like David Price 3.49, CC 3.00, and more,,,,,,,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox did not bid on Yu Darvish... : That statement leaves out a whole lot of good SP. Like David Price 3.49, CC 3.00, and more,,,,,,,
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

I think that is his point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Red Sox should have bid on Darvish. Bid amount should have been amortized with contract. Red Sox pitcher development and retention was a disgrace under InEpstein. He tried to deal Lester but luckily lost to a higher bidder on Santana. Not dealing Buch was the extent of his correct pitching moves. He was no more than an ornament on Schilling and Beckett. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Law would wait to see how Darvish does before committing himself. He was a master at Heads I win and Tails you lose. The troll is always right with that strategy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wait to see how many Red Sox batters he strikes out while he's with the Yankees. If he does well for them in a couple of WS, sign him to a six year deal when he turns 30.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It's OK.

Maybe the Sox didn't submit a bid, but I did.  And I'll make trades if they're willing.

All I want is a Dustin Pedroia gameworn jersey.  Please remove Mr. Pedroia from it first.  Thank you.

And if my bid holds up, it'll be the best $43.66 I ever spent...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

WE HAVE NO PROVEN HITTING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LINEUP.
    IF YOUKILIS AND CC HAVE SUBSTANDARD YEARS, WHICH IS
    ENTIRELY WITHIN THE REALM OF THE POSSIBLE, AND IF THE
    JAYS GET DARVISH, LOOK FOR THE SOX TO FINISH FOURTH.
    OUR STARTING PITCHING IS STILL QUESTIONABLE. WHO
    KNOWS IF BECKETT WILL PITCH LIKE AN ACE ? BUCHHOLZ
    IS RETURNING FROM INJURY, AND LESTER DID NOT COME
    UP BIG IN KEY GAMES....SO OUR STARTERS ARE NOT AS GOOD
    AS THEY ARE CRACKED UP TO BE. IF THE YANKS GET PINEDA
    OR FELIZ FROM THE MARINERS, BOSTON WILL FINISH 4TH
    BEHIND TAMPA AND TORONTO, WITH THE YANKS IN FIRST, AS
    USUAL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

An interesting concept.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

does it really matter?  rumor is toronto bid 40+ million.  i doubt the sox would have bid that much.

Sections
Shortcuts