Red Sox Early Season Observations and Comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Red Sox Early Season Observations and Comments

1. Through the first 12 games, is there another team that has a better 1-2-3 combo than Lester, Buchholz and Demspter?

2. I'm guessing Mortensen gets slotted into the 6th inning guy, with Taz, Ueh and Bailey.

3. Red Sox as a team are striking out 25% of the time. What happened to the patient, put the ball in play team? With guys like Napoli, Gomes, Middlebrooks and Salty, that's thrown out the window.

4. Stephen Drew getting a day off after being back for only five days. Really?

5. Allen Webster with another outstanding performance. He looks like the real deal.

6. When/if Ortiz returns, the LF should be Nava. Gomes needs ABs, but he is swinging at air.

7. Heart goes out to families of Marathon Tragedy. Unless anyone of us are elite runners, the people (and familes watching) finishing at that time are everyday people like you and me.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Red Sox Early Season Observations and Comments

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

whiner

He was really positive especially for ADG.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

whiner

He was really positive especially for ADG.

Thanks Bosox.  If anyone disputes me as a fan, I can send a picture of the Globe from Yaz's last game in 1983, sitting in the rocking chair. I was there.

And Conan, you are a whiner for not getting the Tonight Show gig.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

1. Through the first 12 games, is there another team that has a better 1-2-3 combo than Lester, Buchholz and Demspter?

2. I'm guessing Mortensen gets slotted into the 6th inning guy, with Taz, Ueh and Bailey.

3. Red Sox as a team are striking out 25% of the time. What happened to the patient, put the ball in play team? With guys like Napoli, Gomes, Middlebrooks and Salty, that's thrown out the window.

4. Stephen Drew getting a day off after being back for only five days. Really?

5. Allen Webster with another outstanding performance. He looks like the real deal.

6. When/if Ortiz returns, the LF should be Nava. Gomes needs ABs, but he is swinging at air.

7. Heart goes out to families of Marathon Tragedy. Unless anyone of us are elite runners, the people (and familes watching) finishing at that time are everyday people like you and me.

1. For the first 12 games, it's true. Long term, we'll see.

2. Probably depends more on matchups.

3. The Sox are patient. They've been taking a lot of pitches and are tied for fourth in the AL in OBP. It's always been more about being patient and getting on base than it was putting the ball in play. Instead of grounding out, they've struck out. Unless it's a matter of moving a runner over, an out's an out. (The Sox are tied for 3rd in the AL in BBs and third in strikeouts.)

4. Much ado about nothing. It probably has as much to do with giving Ciriaco a chance to play than anything else. Even reserves need to play now and then.

5. Maybe but it still all about what any phenom does when he gets to the majors.

6. LF will be a platoon when Ortiz gets back and probably should be. Ride the hot bat. Nava has had a good start, but he'll also go real cold for spells. Both are streaky.

7. +1,000

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

to be blunt the real conan is ten times more talented than either jay lemo or jimmy fallon.

I am really impressed with Fallon. I think Conan fell into the same trap as Letterman when he moved from 1230 to 1130.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The K/W is a little off, but the sample size is way too small.

Not too worried about Gomes, but Nava has to get every AB v righties, even if Napoli hits the bench once in a while.  He's earned at least that much.

Drew getting a day off is a non-event.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Just my opinion, as far as late night is concerned (all time), it's:

1. Johnny Carson
    2. David Letterman

3. Tom Snyder

4. Everyone else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

What I just said.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Just my opinion, as far as late night is concerned (all time), it's:

1. Johnny Carson
    2. David Letterman

3. Tom Snyder

4. Everyone else.

Wow Tom Snyder. Do you remember those days? He would be sitting there in his chair puffing away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

hmmmm wondering what your observations on JBJ have been?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Just know its fun to watch the Sox again. Maybe its the new manager, the new team, or just a new year. Too soon to tell, but I do look forward to the next game based on how the guys are playing and their attitude seems genuine. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

your a Maroon.  Ellsbury is capable of hitting MLB pitching,  JBJ is obviously overmatched and has not seen enough pitches to hit what he has seen.

I knew JBJ would struggle, I stated it even when it was unpopular that he should start the year in the minors and now you are running and trying to find any angle you can to diverty attention away from the fact that you were dead wrong on JBJ. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ellsbury has a career OBP of .347 (which isn't great for a leadoff hitter) 

JBJ is at .263 and has never hit above double A before this month

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

hmmmm wondering what your observations on JBJ have been?

That he's overmatched. I neve said how great he'd do. Check my thread. I just stated that he'd make the opening day roster.