Red Sox exploring multiple options left side of infield

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Red Sox exploring multiple options left side of infield

Rob Bradford ‏@bradfo 5m
    Per source Red Sox are exploring multiple options (trades/other) regarding left side of infield
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Red Sox exploring multiple options left side of infield

In response to mthomas43's comment:

Rob Bradford ‏@bradfo 5m
    Per source Red Sox are exploring multiple options (trades/other) regarding left side of infield

B I N G O DAT  !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:

Rob Bradford ‏@bradfo 5m

Gotta be Bogey to third and bringing in SS.  Strengthen two spots at once.   Probably seen the last of Middy for a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

They just can't and won't survive with JBJ and WMB in the same lineup .  Thats not even including XB, or when Ross has to play.They need to do something. We all wanted WMB @ third. We all forgot he was benched in the playoffs or playing part time. JBJ not on playoff roster, unusual for a top prospect? On a side note I'm watching the baseball show and Sean Mcadam says they need a infielder on the left side. He says no to Drew, but they ask then who and he just rambles on. Lol.. SM just favors everything the sox do. He only brings his own stats when it favors his part of the conversation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

I think before we look outside the organization for a 3B/SS, we need to give checcini a shot. He’s hitting well in AAA and should have got the call up with middlebrooks on the DL. For some reason the sox FO went with holt over him, citing checcini’s defense as the reason. But lets be real here, middlebrooks was nothing special defensively, most would say he is average, so could checcinis defense really be that bad that he still hasn’t got a shot in the bigs this year despite middlebrooks hitting the DL for the 2nd time season. The sox FO should be looking for a LF given how terrible and injury prone our outfield is. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

At this point I am kind of hoping Middy gets traded.  I think he has talent but for whatever reason the sox are not bringing it out.  Possibly on another team he will do better. JBJ has to stay.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

They just can't and won't survive with JBJ and WMB in the same lineup .  Thats not even including XB, or when Ross has to play.They need to do something. We all wanted WMB @ third. We all forgot he was benched in the playoffs or playing part time. JBJ not on playoff roster, unusual for a top prospect? On a side note I'm watching the baseball show and Sean Mcadam says they need a infielder on the left side. He says no to Drew, but they ask then who and he just rambles on. Lol.. SM just favors everything the sox do. He only brings his own stats when it favors his part of the conversation.

I never wanted WMB back at 3rd, nor did I want Bogie as the starting SS. I wanted the SOX to re-sign Ells and Drew. Oh well, wait till next year. This current team has too many holes to fix in one season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

At this point I am kind of hoping Middy gets traded.  I think he has talent but for whatever reason the sox are not bringing it out.  Possibly on another team he will do better. JBJ has to stay.

WMB has what is called 'hidden talent.' I've never seen a player hide it so well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

You couldn't get a bag of used golf balls for him right now. He is Lars Anderson light.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

I never wanted WMB back at 3rd, nor did I want Bogie as the starting SS. I wanted the SOX to re-sign Ells and Drew. Oh well, wait till next year. This current team has too many holes to fix in one season.

Nobody likes Ells more then me. I knew they weren't resigning him. The Drew things make no sense. They traded iggy so they can free up drew to play SS ( yes I know they got Peavy) and he was signed for only one year.he didn't hit in the playoffs but he is a decent hitter over all. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

You couldn't get a bag of used golf balls for him right now. He is Lars Anderson light.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

There is a scout out there who has seen enough of Middy to remember his potential. I have sat thru enough of games watching him to still think he has potential.  Trade him and move on.  Moving Xander is not the answer, he is barely getting runners out as it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

I think before we look outside the organization for a 3B/SS, we need to give checcini a shot. He’s hitting well in AAA and should have got the call up with middlebrooks on the DL. For some reason the sox FO went with holt over him, citing checcini’s defense as the reason. But lets be real here, middlebrooks was nothing special defensively, most would say he is average, so could checcinis defense really be that bad that he still hasn’t got a shot in the bigs this year despite middlebrooks hitting the DL for the 2nd time season. The sox FO should be looking for a LF given how terrible and injury prone our outfield is. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

I thought Holt provided a spark of sorts last time he was up.  I was hoping they'd keep him instead of Herrera.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

Except for pitching haven't you seen enough of the Red Sox position rookies. Red Sox management will not bring another kid up, because of a potential flop, and the embarrassment. They need to sign Drew, because no one is going to give them something for nothing without wanting their lungs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

WMB has what is called 'hidden talent.' I've never seen a player hide it so well.

i think he forgot where he hid it...he lost it...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Please, whatt tv channel is airing the Baseball show this year?...used to watch it on Comcast NE, not anymore?   Great show.thanks

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I hear Carlton Fisk is available.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Please, whatt tv channel is airing the Baseball show this year?...used to watch it on Comcast NE, not anymore?   Great show.thanks

yes

good show

same channel different night

sunday 6:30 PM

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I hear Carlton Fisk is available.

I thought that he bought a CORN FIELD in Indianna ?????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Any shopping list has to have starting pitching as the No 1 option. Right now, Lester is the one I trust. JBJ needs at least 1/2 a year in AAA learning how to hit ("Hitting is done 50% above the shoulders"--TW) JBJ is a superb outfielder; as smooth as I've ever seen. Right now, he can't hit. But he can sure learn! It may be that the Sox want him to improve while playing at this level. As soon as they are "out of it", I would agree. But, again, it all depends on pitching.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

JBJ needs to go back to the farm before he's ruined.  X has limited range going to his right which makes third perfect for him.  As much as I don't want to do it, I'd bring drew make for SS.  he can't hit but at least he can play SS.

Why not put Victorino in the lead off spot? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Okay, so they lost to Tigers, who beat everyone.

My paper says they are only 3 games out of 1st place

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Giving up on Xander and JBJ is ridiculous at this point.  Both are very young, progressing and doing at least ONE thing right to help this team out.  Bogaerts gets on base at a very very good clip, and JBJ plays GG defense and is one of THEE ONLY guys who can hit with RISP on this team. 

WMB I'm sad to say may be slipping.  I still think he has a decent chance at being at least an average MLB player, but my confidence in him doing that in Boston is gone.  If WMB does put it all together then I think it's out of Boston at this point,  Unless he comes off the DL and hits a hot streak RIGHT away that last a month....he's probably gone.

The question is what do the Sox do? do they live with Holt and explore a trade option? do they move Bogaerts over to 3rd and sign Drew for 1 year? Or do they give Cecchini a shot?

Cecchini might be the best solution if they have confidence in Bogaerts as a SS long term and want to remain internal, of course the same could be said about bringing Drew in and moving Bogaerts to 3rd.  You can always slide Bogey back to SS next year and if he still looks shaky Devon Marrero might be an option by the beginning/middle of next year. 

I knew with starting 3 young guys there would be growing pains, but I thought at least one would be smashing at this point (Bogaerts being that somebody)  I still think he's about to explode and I think JBJ's offense will at least get marginally better which is more than enough to justify his defense in Center field.  

To me....that leaves WMB as the odd man out, especially at the hot corner showing little defense or offense.  WMB has also had about a year more than the other two to figure it out and he hasn't.  

In WMB defense he hasn't had a prolonged period of time to get a strong look due to a demotion and a few injuries.  A second division team would be more than willing to take a long look at him, and that may be where he is either by July, or by the start of next season. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

JBJ needs to go back to the farm before he's ruined.  X has limited range going to his right which makes third perfect for him.  As much as I don't want to do it, I'd bring drew make for SS.  he can't hit but at least he can play SS.

Why not put Victorino in the lead off spot? 

So then what is wrong with JBJ in Center field??? Centerfield is an up the middle position that is about as important as SS and JBJ plays center better than Drew plays SS???

Bradley also has a track record of hitting in college and the minors and many think he can hit and should only get better....Drew is in his 30's and will likely never show us anything more offensively than he already has.  I agree that it might be time to revisit Drew as an option.....but I don't think JBJ should go down to Pawtucket.  I like Vic in right, and Sizemore hasn't exactly done much more than JBJ plus considering both are injury risks and the overall weakness in the outfield it makes sense to let JBJ progress....he might be our best outfielder by the end of the season. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In WMB defense he hasn't had a prolonged period of time to get a strong look due to a demotion and a few injuries.  A second division team would be more than willing to take a long look at him, and that may be where he is either by July, or by the start of next season.

Let's not forget that Will Middlebrooks has not performed well enough to solidify his spot on his current second-division team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Let's not forget that Will Middlebrooks has not performed well enough to solidify his spot on his current second-division team.

Good one.  But there are teams that accept that, and others who don't.  The Red Sox don't fall into the same category as a team like Houston for example.  Realistically, in terms of how front offices operate, I think we need to weigh multiple years when identifying first and second division teams. 

Sections
Shortcuts