Red Sox fan injured by beer can punted by Gomes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Red Sox fan injured by beer can punted by Gomes

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

Here's a thought.

Rather than be talking about what this injured buy SHOULD do or what he MIGHT be entitled to, how's about we just let him do whatever he thinks is right and keep our collective noses out of it?

Speaking only for myself (who else?) the last thing I want or need is some do-gooder making a mountain out of a molehill when it's none of his business. 

Accidents happen, and not every accident requires a lawyer or legislative action to be sure it never happens again. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Because this affects me to.  I'd like to be able to go a game without having the risk of being hammered with a beer can.  Of course, if the Sox don't address the issue I simply won't go back but that would be a shame

[/QUOTE]

No it wouldn't.  That would be a wonderful thing for all Fenway fans, especially for the ones who would have to sit next to or near you.  Now that you mention it, I hope the Sox don't address the issue for the sole reason of you not attending a game.  In fact, if the man that was struck by the beer can reads this thread, he will beg the Sox not to address the issue just so he would never have to encounter you either.  

Being struck by a beer can is no comparison to having to sit by you when you've paid good money to enjoy the Red Sox play at Fenway.  Gomes, the players, the fans, and even the front office will all join in one big beer can puntfest directed toward you.  If the elderly man gets hit with stray can intended for you, he will stoicly regard it as friendly fire.  They might even promote it as a special event  - AndrewMitch Beer Clown Night.  A guess will join Don Orsillo and Eck in the booth to talk about it during the NESN broadcast, and Don and Eck will get in on the action too.  Eck will show off his educated cheese boot that will bonk you squarely on the noggin.

A pleasant time is guaranteed for all.   

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's a thought.

Rather than be talking about what this injured buy SHOULD do or what he MIGHT be entitled to, how's about we just let him do whatever he thinks is right and keep our collective noses out of it?

Speaking only for myself (who else?) the last thing I want or need is some do-gooder making a mountain out of a molehill when it's none of his business. 

Accidents happen, and not every accident requires a lawyer or legislative action to be sure it never happens again. 

Because this affects me to.  I'd like to be able to go a game without having the risk of being hammered with a beer can.  Of course, if the Sox don't address the issue I simply won't go back but that would be a shame

[/QUOTE]

No it wouldn't.  That would be a wonderful thing for all Fenway fans, especially for the ones who would have to sit next to or near you.  Now that you mention it, I hope the Sox don't address the issue for the sole reason of you not attending a game.  In fact, if the man that was struck by the beer can reads this thread, he will beg the Sox not to address the issue just so he would never have to encounter you either.  

Being struck by a beer can is no comparison to having to sit by you when you've paid good money to enjoy the Red Sox play at Fenway.  Gomes, the players, the fans, and even the front office will all join in one big beer can puntfest directed toward you.  If the elderly man gets hit with stray can intended for you, he will stoicly regard it as friendly fire.  They might even promote it as a special event  - AndrewMitch Beer Clown Night.  A guess will join Don Orsillo and Eck in the booth to talk about it during the NESN broadcast, and Don and Eck will get in on the action too.  Eck will show off his educated cheese boot that will bonk you squarely on the noggin.

[/QUOTE]

+1

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

andrewmitch - The board posters who think what Gomes did was cool and not a big deal are the same people you see with tatoos all over their body, working at a Starbucks and still living at home with their parents in their 20's.

I can only imagine what kimsaysthis does for a living. I can only imagine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

andrewmitch - The board posters who think what Gomes did was cool and not a big deal are the same people you see with tatoos all over their body, working at a Starbucks and still living at home with their parents in their 20's.

I can only imagine what kimsaysthis does for a living. I can only imagine.

show me one post where someone said it was "cool".

Idiot.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's a thought.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sheriff - I would love to know what your education is like. I can only imagine. High school at best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's a thought.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sheriff - I would love to know what your education is like. I can only imagine. High school at best.

[/QUOTE]

If candyazzes, like you and Andrew can't go anywhere without bringing a lawyer along, do the rest of us, that aren't afraid of life and all it's hazards, a favor and stay home.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's a thought.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So wrap your family in bubble wrap, continue to keep a bevy of lawyers on 24 hour retainer, and drive up and down the street 15 MPH below the speed limit, hoping, dreaming, praying that someone will run into you.

And it's obvious that ADG hs been educated far beyond his basic intelligence. And strangely enough, he can't wait to let us know that.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Here's a thought.

So wrap your family in bubble wrap, continue to keep a bevy of lawyers on 24 hour retainer, and drive up and down the street 15 MPH below the speed limit, hoping, dreaming, praying that someone will run into you.

And it's obvious that ADG hs been educated far beyond his basic intelligence. And strangely enough, he can't wait to let us know that.  

well, that's what happens when you try to pour a gallon of knowledge into a shot glass of a brain...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

pedro got hit in the head with a baseball in a duckboat at the 2004 parade.

there should be no more parades.

a college girl was tragically killed by cops firing rubber bullets into a celebrating crowd after the sox beat the yankees game 7 of the 2004 ALCS.

there should be no more game 7's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

a college girl was tragically killed by cops firing rubber bullets into a celebrating crowd after the sox beat the yankees game 7 of the 2004 ALCS.

ok Slash, i know you're thinking it...no..it wasn't Zimmer :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

[QUOTE]

ok Slash, i know you're thinking it...no..it wasn't Zimmer :-)

[/QUOTE]

LOL

You are on a roll this AM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[/QUOTE] ok Slash, i know you're thinking it...no..it wasn't Zimmer :-)

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  

he's got the arm strength...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Watch the video again of what Gomes did. 

1. What it necessary?

2. What was the risk/reward?

I would assume some of you are parents and you discuss that with your kids all the time. What is the risk/reward of doing something.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Watch the video again of what Gomes did. 

1. What it necessary?

2. What was the risk/reward?

I would assume some of you are parents and you discuss that with your kids all the time. What is the risk/reward of doing something.

One more time, ADG.

No one is saying it wasn't a dumb move.

What most of us are saying is, every dumb move does not always have to involve a team of lawyers and and the state attorney general's office.

I don't see why that is so tough a concept to grasp.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bottom line is if I did that to Gomes you'd all be piling on me 100X worse than that wussy did to Coco....and I would had been arrested on the spot...........

If you got in a fight at your place of your employment you would have gotten arrested but you don't play a professional sports. This is where you malice comes from you inability not to let go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

One more time, ADG.

No one is saying it wasn't a dumb move.

What most of us are saying is, every dumb move does not always have to involve a team of lawyers and and the state attorney general's office.

I don't see why that is so tough a concept to grasp.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000, etc.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

ADG - the bottom line is if a fan did this he'd be in jail and all the people who loved what Gomes did would be piling on the action of the fan.  I'd expect nothing less........

And now, cue all the insults directed at me.........and try it make it more personal this time too!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This thread still lives? Why?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

ADG - the bottom line is if a fan did this he'd be in jail and all the people who loved what Gomes did would be piling on the action of the fan.  I'd expect nothing less........

And now, cue all the insults directed at me.........and try it make it more personal this time too!!!!

No insults here andrew.  I think we all know how you feel however, LOL!  I see your point of view but I can understand what others are saying also.

You seem to feel deeply about this.  Are you a lawyer or involved with the law in any way?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

No insults here andrew.  I think we all know how you feel however, LOL!  I see your point of view but I can understand what others are saying also.

You seem to feel deeply about this.  Are you a lawyer or involved with the law in any way?

[/QUOTE]

the only reason the others feel the opposite way is because it is a Red Sox player

and if they try and rationalize that "No one got hurt" then my question to them is do they support drinking and driving as long as no one gets hurt?

and finally, to say it's wrong to file charges or use a lawyer - not only would the Sox do that but everyone here would do the same thing if someone caused them harm

we could argue all day long about if JD Drew was worth his contract or not...But some of the views on Jonny Thugs is very disturbing.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the only reason the others feel the opposite way is because it is a Red Sox player

and if they try and rationalize that "No one got hurt" then my question to them is do they support drinking and driving as long as no one gets hurt?

and finally, to say it's wrong to file charges or use a lawyer - not only would the Sox do that but everyone here would do the same thing if someone caused them harm

we could argue all day long about if JD Drew was worth his contract or not...But some of the views on Jonny Thugs is very disturbing.....

[/QUOTE]

This thread is getting stupid and needs to die a quick and merciful death. "Jonny Thugs"? Time to move on Mitch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This thread is getting stupid and needs to die a quick and merciful death. "Jonny Thugs"? Time to move on Mitch.

[/QUOTE]

How would you describe Gomes?   Between what he did to Crisp when he was helpless and what he did that helpless, unsuspecting fan...he's a Thug in my book......