Red Sox Fans Have Eclipsed Yankee Fans As Worst In Baseball??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

Red Sox Fans Have Eclipsed Yankee Fans As Worst In Baseball??

I’ve been to Fenway Park in Boston and sat in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium 2.0.  I’ve strolled down Eutaw Street when fans have been decked out in pinstripes and endured the worse accent in the world screaming “Let’s Go Red Sox” at Camden Yards.

The Yankee fans have come and gone for their first trip to Baltimore and now it’s the Bostonians turn.  Having dealt with both fan bases, I’m here to tell you that the Red Sox fans have eclipsed the New Yorkers as the worst in baseball.

Both teams fan bases are full of front runners and any Oriole fan that takes a trip to the Yard while either of the AL East’s $200 million teams are in town will notice more of the   opposing team fans in the stands despite seeing far more Maryland license plates in the parking lot than those from up north.  But even with all that said, Red Sox fans have won the battle of worst in baseball, here’s why.

For years Sox fans invaded Baltimore without a thing to be proud of, they’re team’s legacy was choking down the stretch and not winning a World Series in a century.  Since then of course Boston was blessed by the steroid era which awarded them with two championships.  The biggest pieces of their 2004 and 2007 teams are cheaters in baseball. One of them, Manny Ramirez, just retired after failing his second drug test in his career. The other, David Ortiz, blames his power decline on poor eye site. So what does Boston have to be proud of after the steroid era?  I say nothing, but that doesn’t stop them from being obnoxious at the best ballpark in America, Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

Neither the Red Sox or Yankees are truly a rival to the Orioles as the two teams have been rivals themselves for most of the last fifteen years. The hatred Boston has for New York cracks me up because, let’s be honest, Boston wants desperately to be New York. That’s right, as much as the Sox fans hate the Yankees fans they’re like that couple in a bad romantic comedy that realizes halfway through the movie just how much they have in common before falling in love with each other and living happily ever after.

Their team has a captain, their fans cheer for every fly ball hit out the infield and they are tarnishing the great game of baseball by spending more money than ten teams combined. Of course, the only way to shut them up is to beat them. The bandwagon fans will flock to another winner and the Bostonians will stop traveling south.  The O’s swept Boston in Baltimore last year, let’s see what they can do this week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Red Sox Fans Have Eclipsed Yankee Fans As Worst In Baseball??

The real Red Sox fans are terrific fans.

I'm sure many of you will agree ,because many of us here are "old time" fans, who suffered through painful losses along with Yaz, Rico, Rice, Fisk and Lynn.

The ones who came aboard more recently ( around 2004-coincidently?) are the spoiled brats. They wear the pink and green hats, Daisuke #18 jerseys, they have all the souveniers, dolls, bumper stickers, etc., so that everyone knows they are card carrying members of Red Sox Nation.

It once was a passion for old time New Englanders to follow their beloved team by watching on TV38 and listening to Ned Martin.

Now it's a trendy thing to show up at a visitors park and announce that you are a member of "pink hat nation" ,wear the jersey and act like an @$$. Even if you've never been to New England...

Real Sox fans are not like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Fans Have Eclipsed Yankee Fans As Worst In Baseball??:
    [QUOTE]The real Red Sox fans are terrific fans. I'm sure many of you will agree ,because many of us here are "old time" fans, who suffered through painful losses along with Yaz, Rico, Rice, Fisk and Lynn. The ones who came aboard more recently ( around 2004-coincidently?) are the spoiled brats. They wear the pink and green hats, Daisuke #18 jerseys, they have all the souveniers, dolls, bumper stickers, etc., so that everyone knows they are card carrying members of Red Sox Nation. It once was a passion for old time New Englanders to follow their beloved team by watching on TV38 and listening to Ned Martin. Now it's a trendy thing to show up at a visitors park and announce that you are a member of "pink hat nation" ,wear the jersey and act like an @$$. Even if you've never been to New England... Real Sox fans are not like that.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

amen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

also agreed. couldn't have said it any better myself. also may I add that real red sox fans don't sit talking on cell phones during the game. they actually watch it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

It's funny...my daughter saw a pink Sox hat in a catalog and said, "I like pink, I like the Sox, and I like weird hats....but I'd never get that hat because of it's darker meaning."  

The game is on...TV38! 

Being a fan of a sports team does not shape one's personality.  If one is an azz already, the azzy-ness will come out when driving, when sitting at a restaurant, when drinking beer, when rooting for a team....

That being said, we don't have to hold hands and braid flowers in our hair and sing songs about buying the world a coke or something.....we are permitted a bit of jovial back and forth, a bit of debate, a bit of disagreement. 

Go into any city with a major sports team and you'll find rotten apples.  Or even cities with college sports teams.  Ohio State fans are notorious for starting riots during the OSU/Michigan games regardless of a victory or loss.  They overturn cars, light them on fire, drag couches out of dorms and light them on fire...beat up anyone wearing a Michigan shirt....

Yank fans can tell horror stories about Boston, Sox fans can tell horror stories about New York. 

The title of "Best Fans in Baseball" or "Worst Fans in Baseball" is misleading.  The sample size used is never good, and the evidence is always carefully selected to prove the point.   Reporters never write a story about "Fan goes to game, has a great time, is very respectful, buys guy next to him a beer".  That's why the majority of the good fans never make the press and the antics of the bad ones do.   Take a group of 100 people...99 do nothing but good things but 1 does something horrid...and who does the story present? Not the 99, but the 1.  Makes the 99 seem like terrible people because they are in the same group as the 1.  

For every 1 fan that's an azz, there are 99 who are not. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GARCIA1. Show GARCIA1's posts

YOSHIMI, you are the most non-azz person on this board.
    however, i believe your 1% azz to non-azz is too low. i'm going with 10%.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Fans Have Eclipsed Yankee Fans As Worst In Baseball??:
    [QUOTE]The real Red Sox fans are terrific fans. I'm sure many of you will agree ,because many of us here are "old time" fans, who suffered through painful losses along with Yaz, Rico, Rice, Fisk and Lynn. The ones who came aboard more recently ( around 2004-coincidently?) are the spoiled brats. They wear the pink and green hats, Daisuke #18 jerseys, they have all the souveniers, dolls, bumper stickers, etc., so that everyone knows they are card carrying members of Red Sox Nation. It once was a passion for old time New Englanders to follow their beloved team by watching on TV38 and listening to Ned Martin. Now it's a trendy thing to show up at a visitors park and announce that you are a member of "pink hat nation" ,wear the jersey and act like an @$$. Even if you've never been to New England... Real Sox fans are not like that.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I grew up watching Yaz/Rice/Lynn/Dewey/Pudge etc..Great times with a lot of heartache..Never ever would think of cheering for another team. mid/late 70's was when I can remember watching games as a kid over my Grandparents house (God rest their souls) with my uncles and cousins and a big table full of food..Good times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johncale. Show johncale's posts

YOSHIMI, you are the most non-azz poster on this board.
    however, i feel your 1% azz to non-azz is too low; i'm going with 10%.
    yankee fans may be at 20%.
    it's also ironic that this thread was initiated by a complete azz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

a humble cyberspace bow to one of the wisest sensei's I have ever had the pleasure to get to know and call my friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The vast majority of the Red Sox "fans" that you hear on TV at away games are not real Red Sox Fans. 

Shoot, I'd say a fair percentage of "fans" at home games aren't true Red Sox fans. 

Pink hatters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Zach Wilt, haven't you ever been to Memorial Stadium when the Sox played there? I used to go a few times a year at the O's old Stadium and there were always a decent amount of Red Sox fans there. Not like today of course but pretty decent. I think you're stretching this a bit. And generally fans aren't important to the game as we think we are. When my own team has bandwagon newbies, I will still stick by my team. Your team is your team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I

n Response to Re: Red Sox Fans Have Eclipsed Yankee Fans As Worst In Baseball??:
    It's funny...my daughter saw a pink Sox hat in a catalog and said, "I like pink, I like the Sox, and I like weird hats....but I'd never get that hat because of it's darker meaning."   The game is on...TV38!  Being a fan of a sports team does not shape one's personality.  If one is an azz already, the azzy-ness will come out when driving, when sitting at a restaurant, when drinking beer, when rooting for a team.... That being said, we don't have to hold hands and braid flowers in our hair and sing songs about buying the world a coke or something.....we are permitted a bit of jovial back and forth, a bit of debate, a bit of disagreement.  Go into any city with a major sports team and you'll find rotten apples.  Or even cities with college sports teams.  Ohio State fans are notorious for starting riots during the OSU/Michigan games regardless of a victory or loss.  They overturn cars, light them on fire, drag couches out of dorms and light them on fire...beat up anyone wearing a Michigan shirt.... Yank fans can tell horror stories about Boston, Sox fans can tell horror stories about New York.  The title of "Best Fans in Baseball" or "Worst Fans in Baseball" is misleading.  The sample size used is never good, and the evidence is always carefully selected to prove the point.   Reporters never write a story about "Fan goes to game, has a great time, is very respectful, buys guy next to him a beer".  That's why the majority of the good fans never make the press and the antics of the bad ones do.   Take a group of 100 people...99 do nothing but good things but 1 does something horrid...and who does the story present? Not the 99, but the 1.  Makes the 99 seem like terrible people because they are in the same group as the 1.   For every 1 fan that's an azz, there are 99 who are not. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25

Once again, wisdom from Yoshi, a Red Sox fan who we should all be proud of.

From, a 69 yr older, who never knew anything but a faded blu, wrinkled hat with a red B.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Red Sox Fans Have Eclipsed Yankee Fans As Worst In Baseball??:
    [QUOTE]By Zach Wilt , on April 27th, 2011 I’ve been to Fenway Park in Boston and sat in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium 2.0.  I’ve strolled down Eutaw Street when fans have been decked out in pinstripes and endured the worse accent in the world screaming “Let’s Go Red Sox” at Camden Yards. The Yankee fans have come and gone for their first trip to Baltimore and now it’s the Bostonians turn.  Having dealt with both fan bases, I’m here to tell you that the Red Sox fans have eclipsed the New Yorkers as the worst in baseball. Both teams fan bases are full of front runners and any Oriole fan that takes a trip to the Yard while either of the AL East’s $200 million teams are in town will notice more of the   opposing team fans in the stands despite seeing far more Maryland license plates in the parking lot than those from up north.  But even with all that said, Red Sox fans have won the battle of worst in baseball, here’s why. For years Sox fans invaded Baltimore without a thing to be proud of, they’re team’s legacy was choking down the stretch and not winning a World Series in a century.  Since then of course Boston was blessed by the steroid era which awarded them with two championships.  The biggest pieces of their 2004 and 2007 teams are cheaters in baseball. One of them, Manny Ramirez, just retired after failing his second drug test in his career. The other, David Ortiz, blames his power decline on poor eye site. So what does Boston have to be proud of after the steroid era?  I say nothing, but that doesn’t stop them from being obnoxious at the best ballpark in America, Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Neither the Red Sox or Yankees are truly a rival to the Orioles as the two teams have been rivals themselves for most of the last fifteen years. The hatred Boston has for New York cracks me up because, let’s be honest, Boston wants desperately to be New York. That’s right, as much as the Sox fans hate the Yankees fans they’re like that couple in a bad romantic comedy that realizes halfway through the movie just how much they have in common before falling in love with each other and living happily ever after. Their team has a captain, their fans cheer for every fly ball hit out the infield and they are tarnishing the great game of baseball by spending more money than ten teams combined. Of course, the only way to shut them up is to beat them. The bandwagon fans will flock to another winner and the Bostonians will stop traveling south.  The O’s swept Boston in Baltimore last year, let’s see what they can do this week.
    Posted by YOU-KILL-US20[/QUOTE]
    ==========================================
     Stupid post.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Beyond the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry there is a whole world of other sports teams, and I dare say we sometimes live in a bubble where the Red Sox players/fans/management vs. Yankees players/fans/ management is either best or worst at everything and anything.

I can't speak from experience but I have witnessed some sub-par fans on T.V. over the years. I recall various hockey fans littering ice with debris, I recall once an NFL player was hit in the face with a bottle.I have heard of outfielders being pelted with batteries, the fans in Philadelphia are notorius for being horrible, L.A. fans are known for leaving games early to avoid traffic, etc.

I would say you could have one or more of the "worst" fans in baseball at any given park on any given night. It is not always a fan base as a whole that is "worst" it usually only takes a couple of jerks to make the whole group look bad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

At least the 14 Rays fans are well behaved.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSFAN2. Show RSFAN2's posts

[QUOTE]At least the 14 Rays fans are well behaved.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but those cow bells inside drive you nuts. Bush league