Red Sox fans, how did you pick your moniker and how do you think our Sox are going to do this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

Red Sox fans, how did you pick your moniker and how do you think our Sox are going to do this year?

Fascinating monikers on this forum. Many pay tribute to their favorite ball players or something else that means something special to them. I chose Carnie Wilson because she is one of my favorite singers. Did you know she is the daughter of American 1960s pop icon Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys?

As for the Sox, I have complete faith in Ben and John. They are putting together the next great Red Sox team. I'm willing to wait and enjoy.

I've noticed some threads have negative posts. Please bring only positive thoughts to this thread. Remember to be thoughtful and respectful of others.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

Re: Red Sox fans, how did you pick your moniker and how do you think our Sox are going to do this year?

Examples of my favorite avatars:

• Flapjack07
    • First: 8/26/2008
    • Last: 3/22/2013
    • The great Humphrey Bogart; superstar actor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

Re: Red Sox fans, how did you pick your moniker and how do you think our Sox are going to do this year?

Greak moniker and avatar: pays tribute to the famous WWII Destroyer 806

• Bill-806
    • First: 8/6/2008

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

• Alibiike
    • First: 2/1/2011
    • Alibiike pays tribute to the great American actor and comedian Joe E. Brown.
    • Brown was a sports enthusiast, both in film and personally.  He was also a television and radio broadcaster for the New York Yankees  in 1953. 

Brown's sports enthusiasm also led to him becoming the first president of PONY Baseball and Softball when the organization was incorporated in 1953. He continued in the post until late 1964 when he retired. Later he traveled additional thousands of miles telling the story of PONY League, hoping to interest adults in organizing baseball programs for young people.  .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

• SpacemanEephus
    • First: 6/6/2008
    • -pays tribute to Red Sox Hall-Of- Famer, Bill Lee.
    • Great choice!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

• southpaw777
    • First: 4/2/2011
    • -pays homage to the great Red Sox left-handed pitcher, Mel Parnell; another great choice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

• notin
    • First: 9/2/2006
    • notin pays tribute to a member of one of the greatest comic teams in American films, Moe Howard. Congratulations notin on an excellent choice!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Bogart was one of my favorites.  He had several great roles, but Casa Blanca was a flawless movie.  I can always find some minor detail in every movie I'd like to change, or that doesn't make sense.

I've seen Casa Blanca maybe 50 times, and still haven't spotted the flaw.

IRT the RS, playoff bound.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Bogart was one of my favorites.  He had several great roles, but Casa Blanca was a flawless movie.  I can always find some minor detail in every movie I'd like to change, or that doesn't make sense.

Casablanca, a classic, won the Epstein brothers the 1943 Academy Award for Best Screenplay.

Had to tie it in with the Red Sox.LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Great, great movie.

So many great scene, it's impossible to list them all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

• dgalehouse
    • First: 6/4/2010
    • Last: 3/23/2013
    • dgalehouse-great moniker; pays tribute to Red Sox pitcher, Dennis Ward Galehouse, ( Boston Red Sox (1939–40 and 1947–49)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to CarnieWilson's comment:

Greak moniker and avatar: pays tribute to the famous WWII battleship 806

• Bill-806

3 guesses and the 1st two do not count  !!!!!!     Just for the record, SON..... It's a DESTROYER not a BATTLESHIP  !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarnieWilson. Show CarnieWilson's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

• Bill-806

3 guesses and the 1st two do not count  !!!!!!     Just for the record, SON..... It's a DESTROYER not a BATTLESHIP  !!

USS Higbee (DD/DDR-806) was a Gearing-class destroyer in the United States Navy during World War II. She was the first US warship named for a female member of the U.S. Navy,being named for Chief Nurse Lenah S. Higbee (1874–1941), a pioneering Navy nurse who served as Superintendent of the U.S. Navy Nurse Corps during World War I.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

• Bill-806

USS Higbee (DD/DDR-806) was a Gearing-class destroyer in the United States Navy during World War II. She was the first US warship named for a female member of the U.S. Navy,being named for Chief Nurse Lenah S. Higbee (1874–1941), a pioneering Navy nurse who served as Superintendent of the U.S. Navy Nurse Corps during World War I.

WOW  ......  YOUR GOOD !!!!!    Thats a  B I N G O , SON  !!!!