Red Sox fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Red Sox fans

Why do countries win more medals in the olympics when their team is their host country? Is it because they do better when their countrymen are cheering them on? They always make the case in the opening ceremonies that the cheers should be loud when they enter because they have more fans there.

Beating up players accomplishes nothing. It probably does affect their next game, though. The booing of Josh Beckett, mainly brought on by the media since they always kept the chicken and beer allegations front and center, has done nothing to help his performance. Add to that, losing Varitek, which isn't exactly Enquirer material. With all the Idiots here and across the Internet it probably just adds to the abuse. Lester has taken abuse as well for his performance also linked to last season. I don't believe for a second that had no affect on his performance as well.

I can't recall a player who was abused that "turned it around". You would have to think that the people who do it are people with personal agendas who don't really want a player to turn it around. They want them gone. It's kinda sad really. Beyond the fact of how manipulative it is.

Lester has pitched well lately, I think he wins this game. Why not just hope for the best, and see what happens then? And that should go for the team as a whole. They are not the worst team in baseball, but you would think that. I say they have a great game tomorrow, and split the series to go face the Orioles, who they will beat into a pulp. Go Sox!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Re: Red Sox fans

My thought is that many olympic athletes enter those games with little expectations.  The players that boston fans are riding, as you say have signed contracts that have raised expectations to a very high level. A multimillion dollar contract that is essentially being paid for by the fans????? I certainly understand your point but I think that fans are entitled to a certain degree. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallyac. Show wallyac's posts

Some fans are booing their own failures in life.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]My thought is that many olympic athletes enter those games with little expectations.  The players that boston fans are riding, as you say have signed contracts that have raised expectations to a very high level. A multimillion dollar contract that is essentially being paid for by the fans????? I certainly understand your point but I think that fans are entitled to a certain degree. 
    Posted by never1954[/QUOTE]

If the fans believe that they are intentionally not performing well. But who would do that? They spend their whole lives playing baseball. It's what they're known for. Their records are, well, on the record. It makes no sense. Even if someone believed they were doing it on purpose (incredible), it would make more sense that they would want to shut them up and prove them wrong.

I don't buy it. I think when they do poorly, they suffer for it. They may even obsess about it. The whole fans are entitled may be true to some extent, but do you really want to make it worse by compounding the pressure they already place on themselves? Of course not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]USA Mens' Gold Medal game is on TV at 9:45 am this morning.
    Posted by FenwayJimmy[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, Mikey. Guess who won't be watching? You. Because you'll be here "guarding" the forum from those pesky fans who may say something negative about the Yankees. Can't miss that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : BINGO! we have a winner. kimsaysnothing as usual.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Again, Mikey get a life. Go outside. Get some fresh air. It's summer. You're missing it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : BINGO! we have a winner. kimsaysnothing as usual.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Man, I'm glad you responded to that...BDC nuked that post...by about 9:00am...on a Sunday.

WEAK!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

How many Mikey's are there?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Red Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]Why do countries win more medals in the olympics when their team is their host country? Is it because they do better when their countrymen are cheering them on? They always make the case in the opening ceremonies that the cheers should be loud when they enter because they have more fans there. Beating up players accomplishes nothing. It probably does affect their next game, though. The booing of Josh Beckett, mainly brought on by the media since they always kept the chicken and beer allegations front and center, has done nothing to help his performance. Add to that, losing Varitek, which isn't exactly Enquirer material. With all the Idiots here and across the Internet it probably just adds to the abuse. Lester has taken abuse as well for his performance also linked to last season. I don't believe for a second that had no affect on his performance as well. I can't recall a player who was abused that "turned it around". You would have to think that the people who do it are people with personal agendas who don't really want a player to turn it around. They want them gone. It's kinda sad really. Beyond the fact of how manipulative it is. Lester has pitched well lately, I think he wins this game. Why not just hope for the best, and see what happens then? And that should go for the team as a whole. They are not the worst team in baseball, but you would think that. I say they have a great game tomorrow, and split the series to go face the Orioles, who they will beat into a pulp. Go Sox!
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]
    Come on Kim, wake up & take the blinders off. If they are not the worst team in baseball, they are pretty darn close. Getting smoked by the Jays, Twins & now Indians should put the writing on the wall for you. It has been a lost season right from the start. I don't mind being optimistic but you are taking it way over the top. Seasons like this happen, they are just a really bad team this year. It's time to stop sugar coating the situation & deal with reality. There will always be next year !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

When your team is so bad that the 3-game under .500 manager has to get 3 votes of confidence--Ben, Larry, Henry--what does that tell you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

1.  Fenway has the longest sell out streak ever.  I don't think the fans aren't supporting

2.  That sell out streak defies the actual quality of the product on the team; if the fans had any brains, fenway would be at about 18,000 per game the rest of the season. 

3.  Booing at a game happens in every city and in every sport.  It should probably happen more often.  Players sign 1 contract and if they are smart never have to work again.  They probably can handle the boos when they are dogging it.

4.  There is a lot of criticism - some of it cruel - on this FAN discussion board.  If any player in MLB is actually reading the posts here, that player is an idiot.  I doubt players do that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]1.  Fenway has the longest sell out streak ever.  I don't think the fans aren't supporting 2.  That sell out streak defies the actual quality of the product on the team; if the fans had any brains, fenway would be at about 18,000 per game the rest of the season.  3.  Booing at a game happens in every city and in every sport.  It should probably happen more often.  Players sign 1 contract and if they are smart never have to work again.  They probably can handle the boos when they are dogging it. 4.  There is a lot of criticism - some of it cruel - on this FAN discussion board.  If any player in MLB is actually reading the posts here, that player is an idiot.  I doubt players do that.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    When will the fans stop packing in Fenway Park ? Ownership needs to start getting hit in the pocket book where it hurts. Seeing flocks of empty seats would probably get that started. Fans need to stop going to Fenway just for the sake of saying they have been there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The sell out charade is why the Sox leadership keeps pretending (lying?) that they can make the playoffs.

Keep the suckers in the park.

The smart baseball move would be to play youth right now in prep for next year - but the precious sell out streak is more important.  So we get stories about how the Sox are still in it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Red Sox fans : Come on Kim, wake up & take the blinders off. If they are not the worst team in baseball, they are pretty darn close. Getting smoked by the Jays, Twins & now Indians should put the writing on the wall for you. It has been a lost season right from the start. I don't mind being optimistic but you are taking it way over the top. Seasons like this happen, they are just a really bad team this year. It's time to stop sugar coating the situation & deal with reality. There will always be next year !
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Well, if the team is so bad, and you and others feel the season is over, why can't you still enjoy the games? Is ripping the team apart really more fun for you? I love baseball, and I love watching the Sox play. And we still have some important games coming up as do the other contenders. It's not over for me until it's mathematically over.

I have no idea why it would bother fans if someone was still supporting their team unless they just want to make sure that everyone is miserable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]When your team is so bad that the 3-game under .500 manager has to get 3 votes of confidence--Ben, Larry, Henry--what does that tell you?
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

How do you even know this? Do you go to the meetings? I didn't think so. As I just said it's way more fun to me to enjoy the games and the team than beat everyone up. And I've been listening to the beatings since I got here. It doesn't seem like fun to me.

It's one thing to say someone is missing his pitches, or is going through a batting slump. It's another when posters say so and so is a fat slob who just doesn't care. I don't believe anyone on the team just doesn't care.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" They are not the worst team in baseball"

Actually, dollar for dollar you can make a convincing argument that in terms of payroll-to-performance they are either the worst team in the league or darn close. 

"Stop trying to "define" what a fan for the rest of us. "

Agreed. What you fail to understand Kim is that being a fan is like being in a marriage. And right now this is a very difficult marriage for many of us fans. Not as much for you, because you are not unlike a spouse of a partner who is behaving badly but you have created illusions for yourself that this is not the case. Those of us without those illusions are struggling with how to carry ourselves. 

I will defend to the hilt your desire to be a positive fan. A bit more understanding for those who don't fit your rigid mold would be appreciated. 

In your defense I will say had I been at Fenway that day, I would not have booed Josh Beckett. But unlike you I understand what the furstration that caused those boos is about.

However I would hope that a champion like Beckett who once went into Yankee stadium in the World Series and took the Yankees down would be mentally strong enough to use the boos as a motivator to work harder and get better. 

Life is tough and few of us are coddled. If I waited for someone to cheer for me before I got up to do the best I could do and try to be better I'd be waiting a long time. It's reasonable to expect multi-millionaire athletes to understand adversity is part of the deal. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Re: Red Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Thanks for the update, Mikey. Guess who won't be watching? You. Because you'll be here "guarding" the forum from those pesky fans who may say something negative about the Yankees. Can't miss that.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : mind your own business. btw, if you aren't actually pike, than you're either his wife or his mother.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Mind my business? I'm responding to a post in my thread. And I have no interest in your opinion of me, Mikey. I just made a thread telling you to stop bumping threads and "mryazz" was the first poster to post on the board. Not surprising one of your aliases shows up on the board since you're always around.

Get a life. Go enjoy your team and stop trying to wreck the board of your rival team. I can't even imagine the amount of time you spend attacking Sox fans on a Sox board. What a waste of a life.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Olympic athletes play for their countries.  The vast majority of them go back and work regular jobs and train for the next stage 4 years from now.  They train hard in a lot of sports that have very little or no professional outlet (Ex: fencing). They should be lauded, NEVER booed, even if they don't win a medal.  So many of them sent lifetimes training at the peril of making a living for 1 shot at accomplishment. The Red Sox players, and every MLB player for that matter, are MERCENARIES.  THere is the "little" matter of being paid MILLIONS to waer a uniform for a privately owned team.  Do you honestly think Youkilis is worried about the Red Sox right now?  He's worried about where he's going to get PAID to play next year.  Do you forget how our "beloved" Ortiz whines about going to another team every time contract time is up?  Did you think Beckett would have stayed with the Red Sox if they offered him $10M for 5 years back in 2010?  Can you make a distinction between the Red Sox "team" and the "players?"  The players play for a paycheck, NOT for their country.  There is a gulf of difference.  Stop trying to "define" what a fan for the rest of us.  
    Posted by ipotnyc[/QUOTE]

Here's a recent comment from ipotny:

Comment on: Live%20updates%3A%20Twins%20at%20Red%20Sox at 8/5/2012 12:55 AM EDT
    In over 40 years of following this team, this is the 1st season (+last September), that I can say I "hate" them. I wish them the worst.

Go Twins! Sweep this refuse out of Fenway.

Do you really think I need to reply to yet another Yankee alias who spends his time on my threads?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]" They are not the worst team in baseball" Actually, dollar for dollar you can make a convincing argument that in terms of payroll-to-performance they are either the worst team in the league or darn close.  " Stop trying to "define" what a fan for the rest of us. " Agreed. What you fail to understand Kim is that being a fan is like being in a marriage. And right now this is a very difficult marriage for many of us fans. Not as much for you, because you are not unlike a spouse of a partner who is behaving badly but you have created illusions for yourself that this is not the case. Those of us without those illusions are struggling with how to carry ourselves.  I will defend to the hilt your desire to be a positive fan. A bit more understanding for those who don't fit your rigid mold would be appreciated.  In your defense I will say had I been at Fenway that day, I would not have booed Josh Beckett. But unlike you I understand what the furstration that caused those boos is about. However I would hope that a champion like Beckett who once went into Yankee stadium in the World Series and took the Yankees down would be mentally strong enough to use the boos as a motivator to work harder and get better.  Life is tough and few of us are coddled. If I waited for someone to cheer for me before I got up to do the best I could do and try to be better I'd be waiting a long time. It's reasonable to expect multi-millionaire athletes to understand adversity is part of the deal. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this has occurred to you yet, but I think we're two completely different people. For whatever reason, it seems to bother you more that a fan is still rooting for the team, then it does that there are threads filling the board bashing the team.

I probably create less threads than anyone on the board. When I do, I usually only have one thread going at a time. I don't think it should be overwhelming to anyone, even if my threads are positive. If you don't like positive threads, don't post in them. They are easily avoided as you could probably miss them, if you didn't look hard enough.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : YOUR threads?  Are you serious?  Go look at all my post before you even DARE insinuate I'm a Yankee alias. But I DO appreciate your pathetic strategy of "selective cherrypicking" to find a post of ine to somehow fulfill this delusion of yours. Oh yes!  I 100% own up to typing that I "hate" this team.  You notice that it is in quotes?  Do you notice that - or do you lack the ability to see subtext - in that?  If I truly hated the Red Sox, I wouldn't even bother typing that.  There's a difference between the many, many losing seasons I grew up with and this season.  I do not find this team to be in the category of 'lovable losing;' the circus around this whole organization from last September until now makes me ANGRY.    Get it?  Angry.  To hate is NOT to be angry; it's to not give a flip.  I DO give a flip, just like best friends can scream "I hate you!" to each other when that's a FIGURE OF SPEECH. You need help.  Get it.  The Red Sox are NOT a religion to have "faith" in.  They are a baseball team.
    Posted by ipotnyc[/QUOTE]

You're angry because I started a thread about you, and you were nailed. It has nothing to do with my post here. Go Twins? Sweep this refuse out of Fenway? I've never even seen the most negative fans post that.

Get a life. You barely use this alias, yet he finds his way to my threads. Take it somewhere where they still believe you're a Sox fan. It's not here.

Sections
Shortcuts