Red Sox fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: Red Sox fans

In Response to Re: Red Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : YOUR threads?  Are you serious?  Go look at all my post before you even DARE insinuate I'm a Yankee alias. But I DO appreciate your pathetic strategy of "selective cherrypicking" to find a post of ine to somehow fulfill this delusion of yours. Oh yes!  I 100% own up to typing that I "hate" this team.  You notice that it is in quotes?  Do you notice that - or do you lack the ability to see subtext - in that?  If I truly hated the Red Sox, I wouldn't even bother typing that.  There's a difference between the many, many losing seasons I grew up with and this season.  I do not find this team to be in the category of 'lovable losing;' the circus around this whole organization from last September until now makes me ANGRY.    Get it?  Angry.  To hate is NOT to be angry; it's to not give a flip.  I DO give a flip, just like best friends can scream "I hate you!" to each other when that's a FIGURE OF SPEECH. You need help.  Get it.  The Red Sox are NOT a religion to have "faith" in.  They are a baseball team.
    Posted by ipotnyc[/QUOTE]
    Yet another poster telling you you need help, KST....Must be a Yankee troll...Your anger management issues are boundless, living on a forum and attacking people day after day after day after day....If you cannot see how badly you need help, then you will continue with the existence you have chosen for yourself here....It is pretty sad to see...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Yet another poster telling you you need help, KST....Must be a Yankee troll...Your anger management issues are boundless, living on a forum and attacking people day after day after day after day....If you cannot see how badly you need help, then you will continue with the existence you have chosen for yourself here....It is pretty sad to see...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks. Just the other day I was wondering what a Yankee fan who spends all this time on a rival team's board attacking fans there instead of enjoying his own team's success on his own team board would think about me. You've been very helpful, as usual.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Yeh, KST....I am here for hours and hours and hours like you...Another accurate and clearly objective statement on your part.....Seriously, please get help...I assume you know that relentless hostility towards others is the surest sign of clinical depression and profound self-hatred...I bear no animosity towards you, but I am always saddened seeing a fairly intelligent person act in the interminably hateful manner in which you comport yourself...Pretty disturbing stuff....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Yeh, KST....I am here for hours and hours and hours like you...Another accurate and clearly objective statement on your part.....Seriously, please get help...I assume you know that relentless hostility towards others is the surest sign of clinical depression and profound self-hatred...I bear no animosity towards you, but I am always saddened seeing a fairly intelligent person act in the interminably hateful manner in which you comport yourself...Pretty disturbing stuff....

Oh, thanks. Just the other day I was wondering what a Yankee fan who spends all this time on a rival team's board attacking fans there instead of enjoying his own team's success on his own team board would think about me. You've been very helpful, as usual.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Time to take the Orioles down. They've had a good run, but enough is enough. Let's get them this series. Hit them with whatever we have. Since people feel the season is over, just put whoever you can out there and hammer these guys already. Save noone. There's no reason, right?

And didn't they take US out of it last season? Added incentive. Let's go out there and take these guys down. We owe them, and I believe we can do it. Go Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Does it ever surprise you that so many people accuse you of being just another Pike alias? Only Pike and one or two others have you trumped by the sheer quantity of their negativity towards their peers...How you have managed to be such a Licensed Forum Bully and not have your account cancelled is beyond me...Because it clearly empowers you and makes you feel that all the negative attention you get is worth it, even as you are constantly slicing and dicing people's reputations and personalities in the name of Yankee troll busting...And this is the life you have chosen for yourself, as you spend hour after hour and day after day in here...Like I said above, it is pretty disturbing stuff...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Does it ever surprise you that so many people accuse you of being just another Pike alias? Only Pike and one or two others have you trumped by the sheer quantity of their negativity towards their peers...How you have managed to be such a Licensed Forum Bully and not have your account cancelled is beyond me...Because it clearly empowers you and makes you feel that all the negative attention you get is worth it, even as you are constantly slicing and dicing people's reputations and personalities in the name of Yankee troll busting...And this is the life you have chosen for yourself, as you spend hour after hour and day after day in here...Like I said above, it is pretty disturbing stuff...

Oh, thanks. Just the other day I was wondering what a Yankee fan who spends all this time on a rival team's board attacking fans there instead of enjoying his own team's success on his own team board would think about me. You've been very helpful, as usual.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Goodnight, KST...And at least think about getting some professional help...Take care and God bless...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Goodnight, KST...And at least think about getting some professional help...Take care and God bless...

I will. Thank you Yankee fan. If there's anything I can count on, it is good advice from Yankee fans who attack Sox posters on a Sox board. I only wish I could be as helpful on Yankee boards, but, alas, I have no interest in doing that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Booing poor performance is disgusting as well as counterproductive....as if these guys want to fail after a lifetime of being feted for their great athletic prowess.  It's absurd.

Booing for "attitude" issues I can understand to some degree, except how do these "fans" know what a player's attitude is in most cases?  I would guess that most of the fans booing Beckett have never met him, have never been in the clubhouse, didn't play sports beyond a low level, and know nothing of the situation other than what they have heard from the media (that knew about beer and chicken all through the 2011 season but only started reporting the full horror of it when the Sox started losing) and what they THINK they see in facial expressions and body language from 200 feet away in the park or on television.  You know, science.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

"Booing poor performance is disgusting as well as counterproductive....as if these guys want to fail after a lifetime of being feted for their great athletic prowess.  It's absurd."

Ok, we need to stop babying millionaires.

If you, I, or anyone else here underperforms at our job so grossly as they have, we'd have to deal with a few things:

-Undoubtedly being spoken to by our manager to address our lack of production.

-And a very real fear of being FIRED with no recourse.

Sox players, on the other hand:

-Underperform and simply expect people to accept that because, well, they're trying real hard...supposedly.

-They don't run the risk of losing their multi million dollar income as baseball contracts are GUARANTEED!

Do you think anyone in the "real world" thinks it's fair to stay up all night with a sick kid, drag yourself into work only to get critisized for being so sluggish?

As I said before, and BDC deleted it, save your unwavering support for people who deserve it.

Ted Williams and even Yaz made only slightly more than the majority of fans watching them, not 100s of times more. THEY deserved unwavering support simply for showing up. That is no longer the case. When they started accepted, and then DEMANDING these absurd contracts, it all changed.

I'll never boo a firefighter for failing to save a house from burning down. I will, however, boo a pitcher making 17+million a year who is one of the worst pitchers in baseball this year. ESPECIALLY when considering all the outrageous things he's had to say.

Unless you're 12, I can't honestly see just blindly supporting pro athletes anymore. The sounds of the Heat kid after game 1 come to mind...there's a reason he was roundly ridiculed and not shown as an example of what a good fan is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]"Booing poor performance is disgusting as well as counterproductive....as if these guys want to fail after a lifetime of being feted for their great athletic prowess.  It's absurd." Ok, we need to stop babying millionaires. If you, I, or anyone else here underperforms at our job so grossly as they have, we'd have to deal with a few things: -Undoubtedly being spoken to by our manager to address our lack of production. -And a very real fear of being FIRED with no recourse. Sox players, on the other hand: -Underperform and simply expect people to accept that because, well, they're trying real hard...supposedly. -They don't run the risk of losing their multi million dollar income as baseball contracts are GUARANTEED! Do you think anyone in the "real world" thinks it's fair to stay up all night with a sick kid, drag yourself into work only to get critisized for being so sluggish? As I said before, and BDC deleted it, save your unwavering support for people who deserve it. Ted Williams and even Yaz made only slightly more than the majority of fans watching them, not 100s of times more. THEY deserved unwavering support simply for showing up. That is no longer the case. When they started accepted, and then DEMANDING these absurd contracts, it all changed. I'll never boo a firefighter for failing to save a house from burning down. I will, however, boo a pitcher making 17+million a year who is one of the worst pitchers in baseball this year. ESPECIALLY when considering all the outrageous things he's had to say. Unless you're 12, I can't honestly see just blindly supporting pro athletes anymore. The sounds of the Heat kid after game 1 come to mind...there's a reason he was roundly ridiculed and not shown as an example of what a good fan is.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

"If you, I, or anyone else here underperforms at our job so grossly as they have, we'd have to deal with a few things: -Undoubtedly being spoken to by our manager to address our lack of production. -And a very real fear of being FIRED with no recourse."

I don't disagree.  Spoken to by manager.  In private.  Risk of being fired?  As you pointed out contracts are guaranteed, so no. 

Do you really think Lackey didn't try in 2011?  He must have been in great pain every time he pitched, ashamed to let down his teammates, disgusted by all the Johnny-from-Burger-Kings booing at him when his elbow was f&^%$d and he tried to pitch anyway but they didn't care even though it was common knowledge surgery was pending.  You think he didn't care?  Give some evidence.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]How many Mikey's are there?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
     "Mikey" is any and every poster who says something Kim doesn't agree with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : You're angry because I started a thread about you, and you were nailed. It has nothing to do with my post here. Go Twins? Sweep this refuse out of Fenway? I've never even seen the most negative fans post that. Get a life. You barely use this alias, yet he finds his way to my threads. Take it somewhere where they still believe you're a Sox fan. It's not here.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] Kim, not to make this a "thing"...i happen to know Ipot, he IS a Sox fan..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Kim, not to make this a "thing"...i happen to know Ipot, he IS a Sox fan..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Ssssh Jete - Kim's imagination is running away with her. It is a beautiful thing to read.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Kim, not to make this a "thing"...i happen to know Ipot, he IS a Sox fan..

Says you, Mikey

Tongue out

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : You're angry because I started a thread about you, and you were nailed. It has nothing to do with my post here. Go Twins? Sweep this refuse out of Fenway? I've never even seen the most negative fans post that. Get a life. You barely use this alias, yet he finds his way to my threads. Take it somewhere where they still believe you're a Sox fan. It's not here.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

You R kidding; right? From what I've seen, You're the only one who doesn't think he's a Sox fan; this is true for others as well. It appears that those who don't buy your program are traitors. And your comebacks have been currently reduced to changing the subject to an oblique redundant mantra.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : You R kidding; right? From what I've seen, You're the only one who doesn't think he's a Sox fan; this is true for others as well. It appears that those who don't buy your program are traitors. And your comebacks have been currently reduced to changing the subject to an oblique redundant mantra.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

and yet, you all continue to respond, which is the point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Says you, Mikey
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]LOL!!!...don't make me pull out my proof that you were Beni and Babe :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : LOL!!!...don't make me pull out my proof that you were Beni and Babe :-)

Sealed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : and yet, you all continue to respond, which is the point.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I don't think the point is to start a thread about not criticizing players, have posters disagree, which is a natural consequence, then beat up on those who don't agree by accusing them of being closet NYY fans who are looking to sabotage this board.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : and yet, you all continue to respond, which is the point.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

But, you guys are more than welcome to him...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : I don't think the point is to start a thread about not criticizing players, have posters disagree, which is a natural consequence, then beat up on those who don't agree by accusing them of being closet NYY fans who are looking to sabotage this board.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Sure it is. You're missing the point steven, which is, make outragous statements to get the ire and responses of other posters, for attention. I'm not sure what's worse, coming here to get internet attention or the posters who continually fall for and feed into it.