Red Sox fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Red Sox fans

In Response to Re: Red Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]Time to take the Orioles down. They've had a good run, but enough is enough. Let's get them this series. Hit them with whatever we have. Since people feel the season is over, just put whoever you can out there and hammer these guys already. Save noone. There's no reason, right? And didn't they take US out of it last season? Added incentive. Let's go out there and take these guys down. We owe them, and I believe we can do it. Go Sox!
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

kimsaythis - For all of us out here, can you come clean on your baseball history, age, etc. Post your baseball resume as they say. I am insulted over and over again that if someone says something negative about the Red Sox, they are a Yankee troll. I'm offended by your rah rah pink hat comments.

I'll give you mine:

Red Sox fan since 1968
    Played baseball through high school and college (Tufts Univ.)
    Coached youth baseball and currently have a son getting a baseball scholarship to Indiana University.

Bring it on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : We're still in it, and if we're still in it, I'm on board. I think Beckett did a great job tonight. We just couldn't get the runs home when they were on base, but the guys were still hitting. I would have loved to see Shoppach up with the bases loaded, but oh well. Tomorrow is another day, and another game. Like I said, just throw whatever we have out there. I say we win it tomorrow, and take the series from them. They were having waaaay too much fun when we lost. All added incentives.

Wow. You truly do know nothing about baseball.

1. Beckett did a great job?
    2. Guys were still hitting, yet they were 1/10 with RISP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Just playing with Jete, Kim. I don't doubt that Mikey has multiple identities, but I don't think every negative poster is him. I've said many times that I don't believe that you are pike. Pike deserves no defending. He sets himself up for everything he gets by assuming multiple identities. All anyone has to do is create a character, call it anything, and speak in pike's self-righteous, off the wall style. People with one identity can't really be imitated once you look at their first post date and number of posts. They can fool people at first glance only. You say why would a yankee fan need mulitple identities on a rival team's board. Why would anyone need multiple identities period (including pike)? You get mad when people assume that you are pike, but you make assumptions about a lot of other people without proof. I don't like the aliases or thread bumping anymore than you do, but don't know for sure who is bumping the threads. I do agree it doesn't make sense pike would do it.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

Every negative poster is not a Mikey alias.

Every positive poster is not a Pike alias.

Being positive and identifying concern trolls is not self-righteous. That is what a moderator would do by definition if we had one. Instead we have chaos and anarchy. Do you find it entertaining and worthwhile to debate someone who is pretending to be a Red Sox fan? Most would consider that to be a waste of time.

Mikey's multiple monikers isn't the main problem. What is worst is that all of his aliases are all pretending to be Red Sox fans ( concern trolling 101). Pike never did that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Nagy seems to think that a cast of positive posters / Red Sox fans is worse than a cast of trolls / concern trolls, pretenders who come to a rival's forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]And anyone needing attention would probably be better off starting a "This team is a Complete Joke" thread like "ADG" (Mikey). That's what gets you attention, certainly not a positive thread, that is except for Yankee fans trying to crush it.

I don't even know who Mikey is, but thanks for telling me who I am.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Sure Kimmi! Beckett did SWELL! Only six earned runs in 5.1 innings. If only he could pitch like that all the time....oh wait. He DOES pitch like that all the time. Wake up and smell the dung. The season is over Kimmi.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

You're in such a rush to slam Kimmi, you didn't notice you've got the wrong poster.

Idiot...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Do you really know him? Or he just another poster on Truefan who you know as a Sox fan? You saw his quote. What "fan" wishes the other team beats them when they're not doing well?(an angry fan, i'm not calling it right, just sayin) I don't know any. Do you do that?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] no Kim, i don't...i'm in no position to tell another fan what to/or not to feel..speaking only for me, i'm in the camp of taking the good with the bad..i'm sure most teams give their fanbase a period of trying times, while that's probably not something i would say, i can understand Ipot's frustration...i do get that those who are staying positive would have issue with that kind of statment.. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Wow. You truly do know nothing about baseball. 1. Beckett did a great job? 2. Guys were still hitting, yet they were 1/10 with RISP.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Don't you know, ADG, that any performance by a player wearing a Red Sox uniform is "great" by definition? I too am nauseated by the pink hat pompom waving "fans" who really are nothing but cheerleaders and who seemingly cannot objectively assess what has happened to this team for the past FIVE YEARS. Statements like the one Kimmisaythis wrote are pure nonsense, and if thats the same Kimmi from Trufan, its nonsense that is expected.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Don't you know, ADG, that any performance by a player wearing a Red Sox uniform is "great" by definition? I too am nauseated by the pink hat pompom waving "fans" who really are nothing but cheerleaders and who seemingly cannot objectively assess what has happened to this team for the past FIVE YEARS. Statements like the one Kimmisaythis wrote are pure nonsense, and if thats the same Kimmi from Trufan, its nonsense that is expected.

Let's not get Kimmi and Kimsaythis confused.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jimmy Kimmel?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Red Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]Why do countries win more medals in the olympics when their team is their host country? Is it because they do better when their countrymen are cheering them on? They always make the case in the opening ceremonies that the cheers should be loud when they enter because they have more fans there. Beating up players accomplishes nothing. It probably does affect their next game, though. The booing of Josh Beckett, mainly brought on by the media since they always kept the chicken and beer allegations front and center, has done nothing to help his performance. Add to that, losing Varitek, which isn't exactly Enquirer material. With all the Idiots here and across the Internet it probably just adds to the abuse. Lester has taken abuse as well for his performance also linked to last season. I don't believe for a second that had no affect on his performance as well. I can't recall a player who was abused that "turned it around". You would have to think that the people who do it are people with personal agendas who don't really want a player to turn it around. They want them gone. It's kinda sad really. Beyond the fact of how manipulative it is. Lester has pitched well lately, I think he wins this game. Why not just hope for the best, and see what happens then? And that should go for the team as a whole. They are not the worst team in baseball, but you would think that. I say they have a great game tomorrow, and split the series to go face the Orioles, who they will beat into a pulp. Go Sox!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Let's not get Kimmi and Kimsaythis confused.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Pumpsie doesn't think that Red Sox fans should be able to cheer for the Red Sox  on a Red Sox forum in a Red Sox game thread (or any thread for that matter).

Is that whack or what?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Just playing with Jete, Kim. I don't doubt that Mikey has multiple identities, but I don't think every negative poster is him. I've said many times that I don't believe that you are pike. Pike deserves no defending. He sets himself up for everything he gets by assuming multiple identities. All anyone has to do is create a character, call it anything, and speak in pike's self-righteous, off the wall style. People with one identity can't really be imitated once you look at their first post date and number of posts. They can fool people at first glance only. You say why would a yankee fan need mulitple identities on a rival team's board. Why would anyone need multiple identities period (including pike)? You get mad when people assume that you are pike, but you make assumptions about a lot of other people without proof. I don't like the aliases or thread bumping anymore than you do, but don't know for sure who is bumping the threads. I do agree it doesn't make sense pike would do it.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

You don't have to take my word for it about Mikey creating multiple identities. JBay talks to him under some of them, and knows they're all Mikey. And he's never been banned (at least under the ones he admits to) so there's really no need. Pike's names have been banned. And Pike's screennames have always sounded the same, and Mikey has created some, which adds to the confusion of how many Pike actually has on the board. JBay knows that as well, but Mikey's still a good guy to him. On the other hand, most of Mikey's names are all different characters. That's intentionally being deceptive. And he loves politics, and this board is sometimes filled with political conversations.

1st boss, I believe, is Mikey. And he now starts all the game threads. The alias breeding ground where he's comfortable since it's JBay's world. There's also the new "bostonismine". An alias who's here just to create negative threads. He has 9 posts and most of them are his threads. What he probably means is boston.com is mine. And he's right since posters don't care about Yankee trolls, they only care about Boston fans who they think are trolls. Makes no sense really, since a troll on the board is a troll on the board. Not to mention the fact that he's ruining a board that is not HIS team's board. Can you imagine spending your time that way?

And the thread bumping has always been blamed on Pike, mostly because Yankee fans are the ones in all the conversations about it. That also points to Mikey, since he's made a career here of going after posters he doesn't want on a Sox board like me and SPC and Beni and Jete (probably for being a positive poster on a Sox board). As long as Pike was being blamed, he was happy to keep it up. It's really not that complicated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Sure Kimmi! Beckett did SWELL! Only six earned runs in 5.1 innings. If only he could pitch like that all the time....oh wait. He DOES pitch like that all the time. Wake up and smell the dung. The season is over Kimmi.

I'm not Kimmi. I'm an adult so my name is Kim to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : hey Kim, Mike and i were just bustin on each other, neither of us condone Mikey's act(you know i've said so often) along with the fact that i've defended Beni and you during those imitations, i believe i was quick to shout down the SPC thing also..anyway i only mentioned Beni because Mike always busted on me about Beni's Yankee manifestos and how i always cracked up about his Gitmo inmates reference....trust me it was in no to encourage copying..  
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I figured that, Jete, since you've been copied as well. I just didn't understand the post. And you were the first to speak up about mine and Beni's and SPC's as well. I know I said I didn't think the Jete one was you.

In reality, we really shouldn't have to deal with that kind of abuse. And the blame for the fact that the guy is still here posting now doing Pikes all over the board -- among others IMO -- falls directly to those who continue to support him. JBay being the worst of those. I believe if it were a Sox fan, JBay would have been on his bat phone by now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : kimsaythis - For all of us out here, can you come clean on your baseball history, age, etc. Post your baseball resume as they say. I am insulted over and over again that if someone says something negative about the Red Sox, they are a Yankee troll. I'm offended by your rah rah pink hat comments. I'll give you mine: Red Sox fan since 1968 Age: 50 Played baseball through high school and college (Tufts Univ.) Coached youth baseball and currently have a son getting a baseball scholarship to Indiana University. Bring it on.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

You left out the part where you're not a Sox fan:

kimsaysthis
    First: 4/14/2010
    Last: 6/13/2012
    4acaf461d7fd6bae14eb774ef96148a9 In Response to Re: The Red Sox are a Jon Lester away from having the best rotation in the Bigs.:

In Response to Re: The Red Sox are a Jon Lester away from having the best rotation in the Bigs. : Exactly. And top starters don't have bad months, like the Red Sox starters do. The Red Sox don't have top of the rotation starters and to the fans of a team with a payroll north of $170M, that should be unacceptable. They threw dumb money at Lakcey, Beckett, Dicek, and maybe Lester and Buchholz. Hmmm, that's your entire rotation.
    Posted by ADG

Who's rotation? ADG finally comes clean. What took you so long? 

Amazing I made the response to you in June, and you still haven't answered it, yet you continue to attack my positive post on my threads.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Don't you know, ADG, that any performance by a player wearing a Red Sox uniform is "great" by definition? I too am nauseated by the pink hat pompom waving "fans" who really are nothing but cheerleaders and who seemingly cannot objectively assess what has happened to this team for the past FIVE YEARS. Statements like the one Kimmisaythis wrote are pure nonsense, and if thats the same Kimmi from Trufan, its nonsense that is expected.

I bet you're nauseated by the fans of the Red Sox. That's why you spend so much time here attacking them.

I don't have to analyse anything. I'm a fan of a team, and I enjoy watching them play. If you enjoyed your team, you would be doing the same thing. Spouting all your misery is, apparently, your idea of a good time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Jimmy Kimmel?
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Actually, I go by Kim because I'm secretly married to Jimmy Kimmel and didn't want to give too much away.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Really a shame that Cook got hyped-up about getting the guy on second and the double play, that he spun around and threw the ball towards the runner. You can see the guy jumping back to second and the ball goes in that direction. That double play could have changed the whole game. He was pitching a no-hitter until that point. I wonder if that had something to do with nerves.

It happens. Brush it off. We cannot lose this game tomorrow. Cannot. I won't have it. Get your butts on the field and take this team down already. You hear me? Go get them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And, again, if you don't like my posts, don't bother with my threads. Really pretty simple when you think about it. Contrary to what has been posted here, I really don't want or need the attention.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]And, again, if you don't like my posts, don't bother with my threads. Really pretty simple when you think about it. Contrary to what has been posted here, I really don't want or need the attention.

Come on Kim - you know you love attention. All RnR chicks do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

Well I am OK that as of Aug 15, 2012 this season is over for the Boston Red Sox. No playoffs again but I can handle that because of all the injuries. No team can win with the number of injuries this team has had. If I was Boston I would shut down Carl Crawford and let him have his elbow surgery and lets get ready to win in 2013.
    You know I wonder what type manager Bobby V would be if he would have had an injury free year. Pressures on injury has hurt this team and I am proud of them but it hurts watching them with mostly without the starters that were counted on next year. In regard to next year a decision has to made on right field and I am not sure Cody is that person. Another decision is getting a winning shortstop on board and I am not sure he is in the organization today. I hope Ortiz and Ellsbury are here for years to come

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : Pumpsie doesn't think that Red Sox fans should be able to cheer for the Red Sox  on a Red Sox forum in a Red Sox game thread (or any thread for that matter). Is that whack or what?
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Kimmi keeps waving those pompoms and wearing that bonnet. Go Red Sox! Go Kimmi! Everything is roses to Kimmi. If a Red Sox player did it, its got to be great. Kimmi fails to see the elephant in the room, that there is, in fact, very little that is going right with this team. The sugary sweet pompom waving must go on though, right? No matter how foolish it makes you look.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fans : great post pumpsie-green!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Thanks 2004. And keep posting those info snippets and starting those threads. I appreciate them here, all in one place, for us to read. Eventually the team will turn it around and you and I will be here to see it happen....in about 20 years or so.

Sections
Shortcuts