Red Sox Future Outfield?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Red Sox Future Outfield?

There was talk at the deadline that Boston and the Marlins were talking. Word is Sox were asking about Yelich and those talks could pick back up in the winter.

I like Yelich and he maybe a better hitter right now than Jackie Bradley jr. Not to say Bradley will not be a good hitter down the road. I can see Boston and the Marlins making a deal this winter that includes Yelich to the Red Sox and this being the Red Sox 2015 outfield:

Cespedes-RF

Yelich-CF or LF

Betts-CF or LF

Yelich hit .288 with an OBP of .370 in 2013 and this year batting .271 with an OBP of .352

I can see Boston and Marlins completing a deal in which Bradley jr and Middlebrooks are dealt to the Marlins in a deal for Yelich and others.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Red Sox Future Outfield?

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There was talk at the deadline that Boston and the Marlins were talking. Word is Sox were asking about Yelich and those talks could pick back up in the winter.

I like Yelich and he maybe a better hitter right now than Jackie Bradley jr. Not to say Bradley will not be a good hitter down the road. I can see Boston and the Marlins making a deal this winter that includes Yelich to the Red Sox and this being the Red Sox 2015 outfield:

Cespedes-RF

Yelich-CF or LF

Betts-CF or LF

Yelich hit .288 with an OBP of .370 in 2013 and this year batting .271 with an OBP of .352

I can see Boston and Marlins completing a deal in which Bradley jr and Middlebrooks are dealt to the Marlins in a deal for Yelich and others.

[/QUOTE]

i see...

victorino RF

bradley jr CF

cespedes LF

some how we gotta fit craig in this line-up..that guy will drive in runs for us...i'm glad we got him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cespedes-RF

Yelich-CF or LF

Betts-CF or LF

[/QUOTE]

i see...

victorino RF

bradley jr CF

cespedes LF

some how we gotta fit craig in this line-up..that guy will drive in runs for us...i'm glad we got him.

[/QUOTE]

So you deal Betts for  quick fix? Bad decisions. Yelch can play both CF and LF. That kid can get on base and that is what this team needs. I think Boston and Marlins will make a block buster deal this winter in which Sox get Yelich and maybe a pitching prospect while Middlebrooks, Bradley jr and a propect to Marlins. Something along those lines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cespedes-RF

Yelich-CF or LF

Betts-CF or LF

[/QUOTE]

i see...

victorino RF

bradley jr CF

cespedes LF

[/QUOTE]

So you deal Betts for  quick fix? Bad decisions. Yelch can play both CF and LF. That kid can get on base and that is what this team needs. I think Boston and Marlins will make a block buster deal this winter in which Sox get Yelich and maybe a pitching prospect while Middlebrooks, Bradley jr and a propect to Marlins. Something along those lines.

[/QUOTE]

i don't think we need to trade for any OF's right now...betts can go down for another season..looks like after all the trades we made OF is our strong point right now...we need starting pitching...and if we trade betts in some kind of package we better be getting a all-star back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

My OF would be Craig, Betts and Cespy

I implore JF to stop this platooning. JBJ is a Def. replacement. 

Nava is a pinch hitter at best.

Allowing Vazquez to bat when you have a proven hitter like Betts waiting in the wings is inexcusable. Leaving Webster in the game through 6 walks is ridiculous. He should be on his way back to AAA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Allowing Vazquez to bat when you have a proven hitter like Betts waiting in the wings is inexcusable. Leaving Webster in the game through 6 walks is ridiculous. He should be on his way back to AAA.

[/QUOTE]

i'd go with that also....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

There will need to be another trade before next season because the Red Sox would otherwise have five guys who could make claims to starting outfield jobs: Craig, Cespedes, Victorino, Bradley, and Betts. Add Nava and that's six outfielders. I think Victorino is the most likely to be traded. Craig in LF, Bradley and Betts platoon in CF, Cespedes in RF, Nava off the bench as fifth outfielder. Whoever doesn't start between Bradley and Betts can come into the game as a defensive replacement or pinch-runner. Another possibility would be the Red Sox trading Napoli, starting Craig at 1B, playing Cespedes in LF, and keeping Victorino in RF. But I think they need all the offense they can muster. I'd rather have Craig and Napoli than Craig and Victorino. I'm not sure what else the Red Sox would have to surrender in order to make Victorino palatable.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

JBJ to AAA and bring up COREY BROWN---15 home runs and about a .220 BA. Plays CF and has ML experience with the Jays. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

With Bogey, Middy and Cecchini possibly landing in the OF (LF) eventually, it's hard to project what our OF will look like next year or beyond.

Craig is probably better at 1B than LF, but with Napoli here next year, Craig is squeezed into the OF.

Cespedes can play CF, but is probably best in RF.

Victorino is always hurt, but I suppose he could find his health again in a contract year.

JBJ is a tremendous fielder that seems to be improving at the plate enough to be a solid overall plus in CF.

Nava is a very good platoon hitter, but is a minus on defense.

Holt is not a big plus on defense in the IF, but we may have opening at 3B and SS next season. He has looked okay to me in the OF considering he hasn't played much out there.

Betts, like Bogey, appears to be a man without a position, and with DH filled for 2015, the OF looks like the most logical landing spot for him.

I don't see Hassan, Ramos, Brentz of any other OF prospect winning significant time in our OF next year or beyond, but there is a chance for a surprise.

So, here's how I see each OF position, not taking into consideration health or other positions that players may play and be better at:

LF: Cespedes, Victorino, Craig, Nava, JBJ, Holt, Betts, Bogey, Middy, Cecchini (Hassan/Brentz)

CF: JBJ, Victorino, Cespedes, Betts, Holt (Ramos)

RF: Victorino, Cespedes, JBJ, Craig, Holt, Nava (Brentz/Ramos/Hassan)

I have to think someone in this group will be traded this winter, if not 2 or 3. I suppose we could trade Napoli and take Craig out of the OF equation and even use Nava and Holt at 1B a few times a year, but for now, it looks like we have 7 legitimate OF'ers (Vic, Cespedes, Craig, JBJ, Nava, Betts, & Holt) plus 3 guys that are probably so bad in the IF, that the OF may end up being where they end up down the road (Bogey, Middy & Cecchini). Ten OF'ers or future OF'ers are too much for any team. It's also a little heavy on quantity over quality, so something has to give, in my opinion.

The only prospects we have in the OF that may make an impact beyond 2015 are Ramos or Margot. Our OF future looks better than it did before the deadline, but I'm still hoping we acquire a mega bat for our OF.

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cespedes-RF

Yelich-CF or LF

Betts-CF or LF

[/QUOTE]

i see...

victorino RF

bradley jr CF

cespedes LF

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i don't think we need to trade for any OF's right now...betts can go down for another season..looks like after all the trades we made OF is our strong point right now...we need starting pitching...and if we trade betts in some kind of package we better be getting a all-star back.

[/QUOTE]

Trading Betts is a big mistake for a SP. Cause the SP"s on the trade market this winter will be guys like Cole Hamels and I would not deal Betts for him. Now if Someone like King Felix was on the market then we would talk. But we need to be real.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With Bogey, Middy and Cecchini possibly landing in the OF (LF) eventually, it's hard to project what our OF will look like next year or beyond.

Craig is probably better at 1B than LF, but with Napoli here next year, Craig is squeezed into the OF.

Cespedes can play CF, but is probably best in RF.

Victorino is always hurt, but I suppose he could find his health again in a contract year.

JBJ is a tremendous fielder that seems to be improving at the plate enough to be a solid overall plus in CF.

Nava is a very good platoon hitter, but is a minus on defense.

Holt is not a big plus on defense in the IF, but we may have opening at 3B and SS next season. He has looked okay to me in the OF considering he hasn't played much out there.

Betts, like Bogey, appears to be a man without a position, and with DH filled for 2015, the OF looks like the most logical landing spot for him.

I don't see Hassan, Ramos, Brentz of any other OF prospect winning significant time in our OF next year or beyond, but there is a chance for a surprise.

So, here's how I see each OF position, not taking into consideration health or other positions that players may play and be better at:

LF: Cespedes, Victorino, Craig, Nava, JBJ, Holt, Betts, Bogey, Middy, Cecchini (Hassan/Brentz)

CF: JBJ, Victorino, Cespedes, Betts, Holt (Ramos)

RF: Victorino, Cespedes, JBJ, Craig, Holt, Nava (Brentz/Ramos/Hassan)

I have to think someone in this group will be traded this winter, if not 2 or 3. I suppose we could trade Napoli and take Craig out of the OF equation and even use Nava and Holt at 1B a few times a year, but for now, it looks like we have 7 legitimate OF'ers (Vic, Cespedes, Craig, JBJ, Nava, Betts, & Holt) plus 3 guys that are probably so bad in the IF, that the OF may end up being where they end up down the road (Bogey, Middy & Cecchini). Ten OF'ers or future OF'ers are too much for any team. It's also a little heavy on quantity over quality, so something has to give, in my opinion.

The only prospects we have in the OF that may make an impact beyond 2015 are Ramos or Margot. Our OF future looks better than it did before the deadline, but I'm still hoping we acquire a mega bat for our OF.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

I agree with Allen Craig to 1b. I can see that happening- he a better hitter and fielder then Napoli. It also allows Sox to move Betts to the outfield. And yes I do see the Sox trading for Yelich in a block buster deal sending Middlebrooks, Bradley jr and others to the Marlins to land Yelich and a pitching prospect.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well.... if that happens I will take Yelich over JBJR simply because Yelich is already on fire. I have had him on my fantasy team the past two seasons and have paid attention to his numbers. He is good.

[/QUOTE]

Boston showed interest at the deadline for making a deal to land Yelich. According to reports those talks will be picked up this winter. Noticed I said it will take a package of Middlebrooks, Bradley and others. Yelich is very young and already a good hitter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

W-T-F is a Yelich? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This isn't inside baseball it's minutia baseball....get a life, it's time for the Pats, the RS are dead for the immediate future, or until JH and the boys sell the team, whichever comes first

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree with Allen Craig to 1b. I can see that happening- he a better hitter and fielder then Napoli. It also allows Sox to move Betts to the outfield. And yes I do see the Sox trading for Yelich in a block buster deal sending Middlebrooks, Bradley jr and others to the Marlins to land Yelich and a pitching prospect.

I have liked Napoli since before we got him, but Craig is under team control for longer and might have more future upside. 

Victorino was a big part of our 2013 championship run, but his health concerns are too significant to count on him for anything in 2015. Hopefully, he can play out this season and build trade value, but I just can't pencil him in at any FT position next year.

Even if everyone is 100% healthy, playing Cespedes, Victorino, Craig & Napoli FT all season long would totally squeeze out our younger players (JBJ, Betts and/or Holt) and platoon players (Nava). If Bogey, Middy or Cecchini prove they can hit MLB pitching over the long haul, their defensive deficiencies may lead them to an OF position that is not open to them.

As I have said often enough already: too much quantity and not enough quality. We need to seriously consider some 4 or 5 for 1 deals over this upcoming winter. I agree, Yelich would be a nice pick-up, but I'm thinking larger impact.

Sox4ever

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

I have liked Napoli since before we got him, but Craig is under team control for longer and might have more future upside. 

Victorino was a big part of our 2013 championship run, but his health concerns are too significant to count on him for anything in 2015. Hopefully, he can play out this season and build trade value, but I just can't pencil him in at any FT position next year.

Even if everyone is 100% healthy, playing Cespedes, Victorino, Craig & Napoli FT all season long would totally squeeze out our younger players (JBJ, Betts and/or Holt) and platoon players (Nava). If Bogey, Middy or Cecchini prove they can hit MLB pitching over the long haul, their defensive deficiencies may lead them to an OF position that is not open to them.

As I have said often enough already: too much quantity and not enough quality. We need to seriously consider some 4 or 5 for 1 deals over this upcoming winter. I agree, Yelich would be a nice pick-up, but I'm thinking larger impact.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

but we don't need yelich...we have betts and JBJ....and nava is as good as gone next year...our OF is stacked we don't need more...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Player A .243/.282/.378/.660 in 40 PAs with 2 RBIs

Player B .250/.295/.350/.645 in 44 PAs with 8 RBIs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

but we don't need yelich...we have betts and JBJ....and nava is as good as gone next year...our OF is stacked we don't need more...

[/QUOTE]

Yelich is a better hitter. I think we end up getting him in a large deal withe Marlins. Marlins is the type of player we need right now. He gets on base which will make our other young players become better players. He also has some speed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...but we don't need yelich...we have betts and JBJ....and nava is as good as gone next year...our OF is stacked we don't need more...

Sorry for being underwhelmed. I like the new OF better than the old one, but I'm still waiting for that big bopper bat. Where is that big bat going to play? 3B? SS? 1B?

I still think getting a big bopper OF'er this winter makes the most sense, and I agree, Yelich is not the one.

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Bogey, Holt or Middy can play 3B.

I suppose we could trade for Tulo at SS, but that will cost a ton.

No, OF seems like the best spot to upgrade and move away from quantity and towards more quality.

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

...but we don't need yelich...we have betts and JBJ....and nava is as good as gone next year...our OF is stacked we don't need more...

Sorry for being underwhelmed. I like the new OF better than the old one, but I'm still waiting for that big bopper bat. Where is that big bat going to play? 3B? SS? 1B?

I still think getting a big bopper OF'er this winter makes the most sense, and I agree, Yelich is not the one.

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

No, OF seems like the best spot to upgrade and move away from quantity and towards more quality.

Sox4ever

Yelich is an OBP machine will will help improve the offense. He not the power bat but he is a kid I would trade for. Forget it we not getting Stanton. If you want guys like Alex Rios and such then you are FIRED!

Tulo would cost Betts and Owens and I would not do that! Betts is the real deal and Tulo is injury prone often.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

i'd take tulo..and keep the OF we have...i'm just saying do we trade betts for yelich? i say no way...so why even are we bringing yelich's name up when we have better? but i love trying to get tulo...that makes sense for the power bat we need....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

i'd take tulo..and keep the OF we have...i'm just saying do we trade betts for yelich? i say no way...so why even are we bringing yelich's name up when we have better? but i love trying to get tulo...that makes sense for the power bat we need....

[/QUOTE]

WHo said Betts for Yelich? Sure not me! I said Yelich would be dealt to Boston in a package deal for Bradley Jr and Middlebrooks. Yelich to CF or LF and Betts either CF or LF. And I am not giving up Betts, Owens and others for Tulo who is injury prone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WHo said Betts for Yelich? Sure not me! I said Yelich would be dealt to Boston in a package deal for Bradley Jr and Middlebrooks. Yelich to CF or LF and Betts either CF or LF. And I am not giving up Betts, Owens and others for Tulo who is injury prone.

[/QUOTE]

i'm not saying trade betts for yelich..but i'm saying betts is better than yelich..so why in the world do we need yelich? understand?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why would we want yelich in LF?

we have....

betts CF

cespedes LF

craig RF