In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

...but we don't need yelich...we have betts and JBJ....and nava is as good as gone next year...our OF is stacked we don't need more...

Sorry for being underwhelmed. I like the new OF better than the old one, but I'm still waiting for that big bopper bat. Where is that big bat going to play? 3B? SS? 1B?

I still think getting a big bopper OF'er this winter makes the most sense, and I agree, Yelich is not the one.

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Bogey, Holt or Middy can play 3B.

I suppose we could trade for Tulo at SS, but that will cost a ton.

No, OF seems like the best spot to upgrade and move away from quantity and towards more quality.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

i'd take tulo..and keep the OF we have...i'm just saying do we trade betts for yelich? i say no way...so why even are we bringing yelich's name up when we have better? but i love trying to get tulo...that makes sense for the power bat we need....

[/QUOTE]

WHo said Betts for Yelich? Sure not me! I said Yelich would be dealt to Boston in a package deal for Bradley Jr and Middlebrooks. Yelich to CF or LF and Betts either CF or LF. And I am not giving up Betts, Owens and others for Tulo who is injury prone.

[/QUOTE]

why would we want yelich in LF?

we have....

betts CF

cespedes LF

craig RF

[/QUOTE]

Why would we want Yelich? Duh- easy he can hit and get on base. Move Allen Craig to 1b and trade Napoli.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Red Sox Future Outfield?

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

...but we don't need yelich...we have betts and JBJ....and nava is as good as gone next year...our OF is stacked we don't need more...

Sorry for being underwhelmed. I like the new OF better than the old one, but I'm still waiting for that big bopper bat. Where is that big bat going to play? 3B? SS? 1B?

I still think getting a big bopper OF'er this winter makes the most sense, and I agree, Yelich is not the one.

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

No, OF seems like the best spot to upgrade and move away from quantity and towards more quality.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

i'd take tulo..and keep the OF we have...i'm just saying do we trade betts for yelich? i say no way...so why even are we bringing yelich's name up when we have better? but i love trying to get tulo...that makes sense for the power bat we need....

[/QUOTE]

WHo said Betts for Yelich? Sure not me! I said Yelich would be dealt to Boston in a package deal for Bradley Jr and Middlebrooks. Yelich to CF or LF and Betts either CF or LF. And I am not giving up Betts, Owens and others for Tulo who is injury prone.

[/QUOTE]

we have....

betts CF

cespedes LF

craig RF

[/QUOTE]

Why would we want Yelich? Duh- easy he can hit and get on base. Move Allen Craig to 1b and trade Napoli.

[/QUOTE]

we don't need him...DUH

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we have....

betts CF

cespedes LF

craig RF

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we don't need him...DUH

[/QUOTE]

Yes we do he a OBP Machine. Put him in LF or CF and Betts in CF or LF and trade Napoli and Allen craig moves to 1b where that his natural position and he a good 1b man.

Your offense is better now with Yelich in LF or CF and Betts in CF or LF and Allen to 1b.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we have....

betts CF

cespedes LF

craig RF

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we don't need him...DUH

[/QUOTE]

Yes we do he a OBP Machine. Put him in LF or CF and Betts in CF or LF and trade Napoli and Allen craig moves to 1b where that his natural position and he a good 1b man.

Your offense is better now with Yelich in LF or CF and Betts in CF or LF and Allen to 1b.

[/QUOTE]

keep OF as is..keep napoli he still has power we need..tulo at SS would be good xander back to 3rd...that line-up would be killer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

oh..and sign some starting pitching....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we have....

betts CF

cespedes LF

craig RF

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we don't need him...DUH

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

keep OF as is..keep napoli he still has power we need..tulo at SS would be good xander back to 3rd...that line-up would be killer.

[/QUOTE]

Craig and Napoli have same power. Craig a better hitter Period. Move him back to 1b, trade for Yelich an OBP machine. Tulo will cost you Betts or Xander and he always getting hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Napoli & Craig play 1B.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we have....

betts CF

cespedes LF

craig RF

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we don't need him...DUH

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Craig and Napoli have same power. Craig a better hitter Period. Move him back to 1b, trade for Yelich an OBP machine. Tulo will cost you Betts or Xander and he always getting hurt.

[/QUOTE]

my god...ok i'll put it this way..too me yelich is not even worth talking about...with this team we have...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Heartbeat, for Tulo would cost more than that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

The best SS in baseball, young too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'd pay the price for tulo anytime....tulo in fenway? my god!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He's leading the NL in hitting. You kidding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be prepared to give up Betts, Owens and more for Tulo, an often injury prone player. I would rather deal for Yelich and move Allen over to 1b and build the pitching staff

BTW, Tulo wil be 30 and 31 next year. He has become injury prone always landing on the DL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree, plus he makes line-up better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be prepared to give up Betts, Owens and more for Tulo, an often injury prone player. I would rather deal for Yelich and move Allen over to 1b and build the pitching staff

[/QUOTE]

Bye

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what? you talking to me? i don't get it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Take my chances, Tulo is a bad man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No not really, in fact I liked your response.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No not really, in fact I liked your response.

[/QUOTE]

right on..i didn't know...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bye

[/QUOTE]

i 2nd that...

Bye Bye

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyway Raider we both agree Tulo would be great for the Sox

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyway Raider we both agree Tulo would be great for the Sox

[/QUOTE]

i would love tulo...he would kill in fenway....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

He's hitting .417 at home.  Unless you can magically transfer his Coors stats to Fenway, it is less helpful than you'd think.  He's still a good player, but he is only hitting .257 away from Coors.

It amazes me how often RS fans have lusted after Coors-inflated stats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tulo has a career .818 OPS away from Coors, and he plays a ton of games in big NL West parks. Take away all those games he plays in big parks, and his road OPS would skyrocket (@SD .760, @LAD .715, @ AZ .782, @SF .814).

He has a .951 career OPS vs the ALin 375 PAs.

He has a better OPS in 7 other parks (than Coors), including Toronto, LAA and MN.

In small sample sizes, he's over .925 vs Toronto, Tampa and the Yanks.

The biggest boost he brings to any team is his huge positional advantage over 27-28 other SSs in MLB. The OPS differential he brings at his position is greater than any other player at their position.

I'm not saying I have my heart and mind set on Tulo. He's a gamble just like AGon was. One thing I like though is his salary only counts as about $16M against the luxury tax for many years to come. That will be less than Stanton's cost by maybe $10M a year.

Sox4ever

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I doubt the Marlins will trade their productive 22-year-old outfielder for two struggling Red Sox who are older than Christian Yelich.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yelich is not the answer to our biggest need(s). Not even close.

We need to stop looking for baby step improvements and go large and long on somebody with a near certainty of greatness.

Sox4ever

Sections
Shortcuts