Red Sox have lack of depth in the infield..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Red Sox have lack of depth in the infield..

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

The pitchers in the A.L. may or may not figure out Middlebrooks.  I don't think its a given.  He went through that already last year.  Went into a deep swoon because pitchers saw the holes and adjusted.  But, then he adjusted back before going on shelf.  granted there are always a few waves of this adjustement/readjustment, but he showed that he is able to adjust, so I don't think it is given that he struggles because of pitchers catching up to him.  Solid hitter.  

Yeah, health is question mark.  Not a small one.  But I think you are letting the injury risk inform your opinion of these guys' actual skills.

I assure you I am not.   I only pointed out that there are few starters that are free and clear of injury concerns before ST has even started.  I think the Sox have a very strong offensive lineup if they get even reasonable health in 2013.

Sonics, I know you are in possession of level-headed analysis.  My post was a reply to Georom.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

good to know pike. Now, do you have anything relevant to add to the discussion? or will you just troll some more?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

pedey is coming off his worst full season

True, but only slightly so.

Still about .290/.350/.450 is not too shabby.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"or will you just troll some more?"

He'll troll some more thank you very much. :) 

In terms of depth, right now the only area of depth I am concerned with is starting pitching. Otherwise I think the depth in relieft pitching and infleld and outfield is pretty decent. Not top quality but I'm not sure the top infield guys are so amazing that if they go down we'll be in trouble. 

At this point I think you have to play it out, it's not like Red Sox management can't bring in another semi-decent player during the season along the lines of the guys they have signed in the offseason to this point. Pitching can also be addressed during the season I suppose, perhaps they are curious to see what Farrell can do with our existing pitching talent. It's true the the ceilings of some of our guys are higher than what they pitched last year...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

the current starting infield wont even get you to .500...

wmb is bound to get figured out in his second season 9and must stay healthy)

drew is a back up..and prone to injury

and 1B is a total question mark...

if this team is to finish above .500 it will be due to renewed pitching success...our front nine is pretty weak - especially in AL East terms

I dont agree.

I think it a fair gamble that Napoli matches Agons offensive production of last year. Defensively no match, Agon the best in the majors imo

Pedroia needs health and some rest. I was surprised with Ciriaco last year, and take a show me attitude to this year. I do think Holt is a good option for back up

Drew imo will offensively out perform Aveiles production last year, and be solid if unspectacular in the field.

Middlebrooks disappointed in the field last year. I know he is a better defender than what we saw based on his play in the minor leagues. I also thought pre injury AL pitchers were adjusting to him and Middlebrooks needed to take that next step. 

I would also like to see Iggy at 2B in the spring, and could see him ahead of Holt, getting 20 games at SS, 20 games at 2B, late inning defender, pinch runner...as I think 30 games into the season Boegardts is knocking on the AAA door.

I see Middlebrooks as above average defender, Pesdroia as GG'er and Drew as solid, wont make mistakes. This should help the pitching staff. Naploi concerns me at 1B. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

if this team is to finish above .500 it will be due to renewed pitching success...our front nine is pretty weak - especially in AL East terms

LOLOL, Spaceman is taking Georom seriously. Not even George takes himself seriously. He is toying with you and having much fun doing it.

Oh gee.  I feel used.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

LOLOL, Spaceman is taking Georom seriously. Not even George takes himself seriously. He is toying with you and having much fun doing it.

Wait, against my better judgement (if anyone is trolling and toying withme,  my instinct says it has to be you: no one could seriously carry on like you do), I will respond to your LOLOL @ Spaceman.  

Even if you are right and Georom is "toying with me", in his nefarious duplicitous trickery, he made an interesting contrarian baseball assertion that the Sox infield is not very good and injury risk to boot.  I rebuffed this notion because I recognize the injury history and risk, but think that should not be confused with low calibre baseball.  It was interesting to think about.  

Even if Georom is being a total jerk and trying to get a rise out of us (which he isnt), he makes me think about baseball, which I really enjoy.  nothing about anything you have to offer about any of this ridicullous board police nonsense ever makes me think about baseball, nor does it make me happy in any way.

To sum up:  would-be-troll-Georom is waaaay more interesting, fun, and baseball-centered than completely-sincere-Pike.

If I am being toyed with by Georom, it really makes no difference to me as it is exactly like communicating with any other contrarian on the board.  It is part of what I come here h=for.

Now if I am being toyed with by you (again, I have to consider this is a serious possibility), then I would feel really stupid, as I keep taking the bait and responding to your idiotic paranoid assertions with long posts like this.  Shame on me if that is true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I assure you I am not.   I only pointed out that there are few starters that are free and clear of injury concerns before ST has even started.  I think the Sox have a very strong offensive lineup if they get even reasonable health in 2013.

Sonics, I know you are in possession of level-headed analysis.  My post was a reply to Georom.

D'oh!  Perhaps more level-headed posting is in order!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Many posters have said in recent days  that they don't buy Georom's act. They also doubt that he is a high school history teacher. It doesn't add up.  Therefore I am not alone in calling him a pretender just like Softlaw has been accused of ( by Moonslav). Of course, it you enjoy being manipulated by these clowns like a puppet on a string then go ahead and do it. It is your time and effort that you are wasting and apparently your boss doesn't care neither.I will continue to point out the trolls for the benefit of the gullible and the newbies. It's a tough job but someone should do it.

Perhaps BDC can program some software to start negative, pessimistic, ridiculous threads 24/7 and you can respond to those and be graded by such software. For instance, " Was the September collapse of 2011 entirely the blame of Beckett, chicken, and beer"? "Spaceman, give me three paragraphs, you have ten minutes to respond"? One would think that after four months of responses to process that the computer would get bored and tired.

Reading this post has made me and my computer bored and tired.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Many posters have said in recent days  that they don't buy Georom's act. They also doubt that he is a high school history teacher. It doesn't add up.  Therefore I am not alone in calling him a pretender just like Softlaw has been accused of ( by Moonslav). Of course, it you enjoy being manipulated by these clowns like a puppet on a string then go ahead and do it. It is your time and effort that you are wasting and apparently your boss doesn't care neither.I will continue to point out the trolls for the benefit of the gullible and the newbies. It's a tough job but someone should do it.

Perhaps BDC can program some software to start negative, pessimistic, ridiculous threads 24/7 and you can respond to those and be graded by such software. For instance, " Was the September collapse of 2011 entirely the blame of Beckett, chicken, and beer"? "Spaceman, give me three paragraphs, you have ten minutes to respond"? One would think that after four months of responses to process that the computer would get bored and tired.

Yet more pike nonsense. Yawn.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Many posters?  Or many different Pike incarnations?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

The entire Pike schtick is so tiresome.  It's not funny, not challenging, not interesting and it makes no sense anyway.

Even IF Georom was a troll, "fooling" us all....so what?  What's he keeping us from?  Talking about baseball more seriously?  It's an internet board about men playing games, not the UN.  What possible difference could it make if I spend some of my leisure time squabbling with Georom "the troll" about baseball (not to pick on him) rather than squabbling with a "serious" poster ABOUT BASEBALL!?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont agree.

I think it a fair gamble that Napoli matches Agons offensive production of last year. Defensively no match, Agon the best in the majors imo

Pedroia needs health and some rest. I was surprised with Ciriaco last year, and take a show me attitude to this year. I do think Holt is a good option for back up

Drew imo will offensively out perform Aveiles production last year, and be solid if unspectacular in the field.

Middlebrooks disappointed in the field last year. I know he is a better defender than what we saw based on his play in the minor leagues. I also thought pre injury AL pitchers were adjusting to him and Middlebrooks needed to take that next step. 

I would also like to see Iggy at 2B in the spring, and could see him ahead of Holt, getting 20 games at SS, 20 games at 2B, late inning defender, pinch runner...as I think 30 games into the season Boegardts is knocking on the AAA door.

I see Middlebrooks as above average defender, Pesdroia as GG'er and Drew as solid, wont make mistakes. This should help the pitching staff. Naploi concerns me at 1B. 

very good analysis. Don't agree with the iggy part though. That is exactly what Ciriacos role will be this year. Iggy needs to be in AAA playing everyday and be looking for a midseason callup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If this team isn't a top 5 run scoring that would be very suprising. You are the only one who thinks WMB will regress and the Pedroia stinks, the latter is something that you have been pushing since 2007.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

good to know pike. Now, do you have anything relevant to add to the discussion? or will you just troll some more?

My comment is that Peter Abraham didn't compare the "lack of depth in the infield" of the Red Sox projected roster to that of other teams.

True.  I think if he had done so, he wouldn't have had much of a statement to make.  I don't know who has "infield depth".

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In the fall of 2011 after Georom blamed the entire Sept collapse solely on Beckett and some chicken and beer, I told him that he was being ridiculous and completely illogical. I played his game for a week and realized that I was wasting my time. He continued to play that game / charade with the forum for the next four months and found suckers among the regulars and newbies. He finally admitted that he was merely having fun and wasn't serious. What a waste of time for all of those who took him seriously.

I thought it was fun watching you guys waste your time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In the fall of 2011 after Georom blamed the entire Sept collapse solely on Beckett and some chicken and beer, I told him that he was being ridiculous and completely illogical. I played his game for a week and realized that I was wasting my time. He continued to play that game / charade with the forum for the next four months and found suckers among the regulars and newbies. He finally admitted that he was merely having fun and wasn't serious. What a waste of time for all of those who took him seriously.

I remember.  You could have spent that week creating world peace, or accusing me of "sitting in London taking LSD and listening to Acid Rock".  What a waste of your time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hahaha.  Well, you can contextualize "having fun and wasn't serious" any way you wish.  Georom has asserted this more than once.  And, I take it at face value.  It is what I appreciate about him.  He doesn't take this board too seriously.  This is also why I don't mind communicating with him.  It is all in easy fun flow, no matter how luddite, repetitive and contrarian his viewpoints (Beckett-chicken-beer-ad-nauseum).  Of course, your frightening, paranoid mind would twist his words into meaning I-am-playing-a-charade.  

Of course, if anyone is playing a charade, it has to be you.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I thought it was fun watching you guys waste your time.

I don't have that reaction. In my opinion a poster like Georom or Softlaw whose specialty is to waste the time and effort of others and drive many away from the forum is a nemesis and is not funny or entertaining. Pointing out those types is like weeding a garden.  Of course, some posters prefer to fertilize and water the weeds but I prefer to point them out and hopefully others will stop feeding them. 

This is you Pike.  Sad but true.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

...and outfield, and starting rotation. What else is new?