Red Sox have lack of depth in the infield..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Red Sox have lack of depth in the infield..

In response to ADG's comment:

...and outfield, and starting rotation. What else is new?

false.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If you can get over the fact that the starting SS and 1B are not who we envision to man those positions into the forseeable future, then I think we have great depth in the infield. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In the fall of 2011 after Georom blamed the entire Sept collapse solely on Beckett and some chicken and beer, I told him that he was being ridiculous and completely illogical. I played his game for a week and realized that I was wasting my time. He continued to play that game / charade with the forum for the next four months and found suckers among the regulars and newbies. He finally admitted that he was merely having fun and wasn't serious. What a waste of time for all of those who took him seriously.

I thought it was fun watching you guys waste your time.

I don't have that reaction. In my opinion a poster like Georom or Softlaw whose specialty is to waste the time and effort of others and drive many away from the forum is a nemesis and is not funny or entertaining. Pointing out those types is like weeding a garden.  Of course, some posters prefer to fertilize and water the weeds but I prefer to point them out and hopefully others will stop feeding them. 

At least you have a sense of humor, whether you realize it or not. This post is hilarious.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Debating others when each person is assigned a specific role is something that is done in a college debating course. The students do it to refine skills that might be needed in their careers. In the classroom every is aware that it is a staged excercise.

In forums, one comes here expecting others to be speaking their sincere opinions. At least I expect that. OK, Spaceman thinks otherwise. He likes contrarians who are contrary 24/7. Same goes for pessimists, skeptics, and doom-and-gloomers. The debating is more important to him than the sincerity. I am different. So be it. I'll continue to question sincerity.

OK, but why the need to twist my position?  That is not very sincere of you Pike.  I engage with Georom, sometimes.  Much of his tripe I leave alone.  Same goes for Softy.  There are many doom and gloomers/pessimists/skeptics that I don't debate with at all (ADG et al).  Now, of course you need to be obtuse to make your silly point, but I do not devalue sincerity.  I just don't agree with your paranoid assessment of Georom or Softy's intentions.  They can both be willfully contrary and inciting, but there is nothing insencere when they do this.  The intention is very clear.  As for Babe, his intentions are clear too.  He does come here to provoke.  And you know why that doesn't bother me?  Because I don't engage him on that level.  Wait, darn.  I am repeating myself with you yet again.  Seriously,, if any one is pulling the wool, it is you.  No way someone could be this crazy and far off base.  I am starting to believe you are a master 'troll'.  I mean you cause more disruption and annoyance than all of the supposed worst offenders you point to combined.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In the fall of 2011 after Georom blamed the entire Sept collapse solely on Beckett and some chicken and beer, I told him that he was being ridiculous and completely illogical. I played his game for a week and realized that I was wasting my time. He continued to play that game / charade with the forum for the next four months and found suckers among the regulars and newbies. He finally admitted that he was merely having fun and wasn't serious. What a waste of time for all of those who took him seriously.

I don't have that reaction. In my opinion a poster like Georom or Softlaw whose specialty is to waste the time and effort of others and drive many away from the forum is a nemesis and is not funny or entertaining. Pointing out those types is like weeding a garden.  Of course, some posters prefer to fertilize and water the weeds but I prefer to point them out and hopefully others will stop feeding them. 

At least you have a sense of humor, whether you realize it or not. This post is hilarious.

LOL, the fertilizer is no doubt from the nitrogen content in the urea that is sprayed onto the garden during the pizzing contests, not to mention the BS.

In 2006 Sony would pay people to go to message boards and bully members until they would stop posting negative views about Sony. You are doing the same thing for the Red Sox. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Debating others when each person is assigned a specific role is something that is done in a college debating course. The students do it to refine skills that might be needed in their careers. In the classroom every is aware that it is a staged excercise.

In forums, one comes here expecting others to be speaking their sincere opinions. At least I expect that. OK, Spaceman thinks otherwise. He likes contrarians who are contrary 24/7. Same goes for pessimists, skeptics, and doom-and-gloomers. The debating is more important to him than the sincerity. I am different. So be it. I'll continue to question sincerity.

To clarify:   you don't like insincere posters, you don't like contrarians, you don't like fans of other teams, you don't like pessimists, doom-and-gloomers and skeptics.

That pretty much leaves just you.  So why not sit in your dark, damp, dank living room talking to yourself and stop harrassing us?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

To clarify:   you don't like insincere posters, you don't like contrarians, you don't like fans of other teams, you don't like pessimists, doom-and-gloomers and skeptics.

That pretty much leaves just you.  So why not sit in your dark, damp, dank living room talking to yourself and stop harrassing us?

Right, just to add, he doesn't like sincere optimists either (of whose ranks I count myself).  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Right, just to add, he doesn't like sincere optimists either (of whose ranks I count myself).  

He does not, and those ranks also include me.  As an aside, it makes me laugh when I'm accused here (the only forum I have ever participated in online) of being a troll, or insincere, or dishonest, etc.  I'm sure I do lots of bad things, but lying to strangers on the internet is not one of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Pike is just looking for attention. His act hasn't made a dent in this forum, yet he persists. He insults and attacks, to ensure a response. As long as he gets a reaction, he'll continue. If we would stop responding, including myself, and ignore him, he'd evenutally stop, go away or be forced to talk about baseball.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

LOL, the fertilizer is no doubt from the nitrogen content in the urea that is sprayed onto the garden during the pizzing contests, not to mention the BS.

In 2006 Sony would pay people to go to message boards and bully members until they would stop posting negative views about Sony. You are doing the same thing for the Red Sox. 

Exposing specific posters who are 99% negative 24/7 is not bullying. It is simply stating that it is statistically improbable that a poster who claims to be a Red Sox fan can act that way 99% of the time. You know the ones that I speak of and you are not one of them. You must be blind to think that it isn't an act that Georom, Softlaw, and others are playing. 

One could take the opposite side of your claim and say that there are bullies here who come here to discourage optimistic posters and drive them away. It looks like that group is much more successful than the other side is. Just a few hours ago, J-Bay chased away a newbie because he quoted a statement by Francona who said that the FO didn't provide leaks to Bob Hohler. How dare a newbie say something like that. Many optimistic fans get bullied here daily by Zac, Babe, and the Mikey gang. Open your eyes.

You mean selenium... your latest screen name pike?? when you were called out, you asked BDC  to delete the thread??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Exposing specific posters who are 99% negative 24/7 is not bullying. It is simply stating that it is statistically improbable that a poster who claims to be a Red Sox fan can act that way 99% of the time. You know the ones that I speak of and you are not one of them. You must be blind to think that it isn't an act that Georom, Softlaw, and others are playing. 

One could take the opposite side of your claim and say that there are bullies here who come here to discourage optimistic posters and drive them away. It looks like that group is much more successful than the other side is. Just a few hours ago, J-Bay chased away a newbie because he quoted a statement by Francona who said that the FO didn't provide leaks to Bob Hohler. How dare a newbie say something like that. Many optimistic fans get bullied here daily by Zac, Babe, and the Mikey gang. Open your eyes.

My eyes are wide open. Your attempts to justify your action are laughable. Admit what you are and move on. People are here because they want to be here. Let them talk amongst themselves. It is called freedom of association. On top of that you are preaching blind faith, your not optimistic air really speak for any of them.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Pike weren't you warned about you policing the forum??

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

You mean selenium... your latest screen name pike?? when you were called out, you asked BDC  to delete the thread?? Pike weren't you warned about you policing the forum??

I asked that the thread be deleted long before the new poster named Selenium arrived. Five minutes after the thread was posted yesterday, I was attacked and insulted by Carnie, TrollSpanker, JEF429, Enchilada, and others. My crime was to post a link without commenting on it. How terrible. Is there a BDC rule against that? I looked at the thread in its entirety and decided why should I post threads anymore. I could post a thread on Motherhood, Apple Pie, and Chevrolets and I would get bashed repeatedly on that.  I don't turn my threads into circuses, you witch hunters do. You police the forum, I don't.

CRAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

You mean selenium... your latest screen name pike?? when you were called out, you asked BDC  to delete the thread?? Pike weren't you warned about you policing the forum??

I asked that the thread be deleted long before the new poster named Selenium arrived. Five minutes after the thread was posted yesterday, I was attacked and insulted by Carnie, TrollSpanker, JEF429, Enchilada, and others. My crime was to post a link without commenting on it. How terrible. Is there a BDC rule against that? I looked at the thread in its entirety and decided why should I post threads anymore. I could post a thread on Motherhood, Apple Pie, and Chevrolets and I would get bashed repeatedly on that.  I don't turn my threads into circuses, you witch hunters do. You police the forum, I don't.

CRAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

J-Bay acts like a doorman here and he tells others that they are policing the forum. LOL. Give me a break. Every new poster has to show proper identification and be approved by the fraternity. Some walk right past Doorman. What gives?

Pike, weren't you warned about your forum policing??

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

J-Bay acts like a doorman here and he tells others that they are policing the forum. LOL. Give me a break. Every new poster has to show proper identification and be approved by the fraternity. Some walk right past Doorman. What gives?

He is not a doorman nor the forum police and not even that active of a poster. You are a cyberbully, who picked out JBAY because he like Yankees fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

You are the one who is policing, not me. Try to keep up.

you were warned about your policing and asked to stop.... Yes or No??