1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Red Sox in

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who is going to pitch?

[/QUOTE]

It is a little absurd to be digesting the news about Napoli, Ross, Ross, and Swisher without news about how the pitching will be improved. Thats really the only thing that matters right now, and as far as I know, we have made no progress so far to improve our pitching. Hard to get excited about all the mediocre position players in the news without news about obtaining new pitchers.

[/QUOTE]

Its when I dont hear anything during the offseason that I think something is going to happen. Usually when they keep really quiet about something, its so nobody expects or anticipates what their moves are going to be...Smart way to do things IMO....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan28's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm

RedSox appear to be within striking distance of Swisher,Napoli & CRoss but in all 3 scenarios not giving extra yr that's holding them back

what does that mean?

[/QUOTE]

I hope Boston ONLY signs Ross. 

[/QUOTE]

expect at least 2 of the 3 signed...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

That would be good, Napoli is a guy they could use. They have so many holes that it would help , they can still find pitching out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That would be good, Napoli is a guy they could use. They have so many holes that it would help , they can still find pitching out there.

[/QUOTE]

I think a trade for pitching might happen, S81...Theres not a lot of FA pitchers that are very good. Sanchez, but his price is pretty steep and Grienke is NOT a good fit here...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nothing will satisfy SG. His one of the consistent "sky is falling" types...To even suggest that this team has no plan shows that you cant take him seriously...

[/QUOTE]

Not true - when the team makes good moves I am all for it.

After losing 90+ games spending all of your energy chasing a .227 hitter who had 80 hits is NOT A PLAN. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

they've been trying to lock jacoby up for years now! he is a Boras client and will hit FA regardless of how much we try to extend him for.....

your foolishness rivals some of the dumbest posters on these boards..

[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that they made ANY effort to sign ellsbury long term at anytime.  Trying for years?  B-S.

I am also sick of the Boras-drangement syndrome.  If the Sox made a great offer - ellsbury would have signed.  

Instead the team has consistently underplayed ellsbury's talent; questioned his injuries; whined about his Arizona rehab - and in general made a terrible effort to sign him.

Stop using Boras a an excuse to cover for the sox terrible plan.

Is Boras forcing them to sign mediocre OFs and chase after a .227 hitter?  Let's blame that on Boras too.

In fact, from now on let's just blame everything on Boras.  Lester has an off year?  Boras.  The Sox GM dumps hundreds of millions in salary but now they refuse to spend?  Boras.  The OF is full of mediocrities?  Boras.

Bard as a starter is a complete failure?  Boras. 

It can't have ANYTHING to do with the Henry leadership team.  It's all boras.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

they've been trying to lock jacoby up for years now! he is a Boras client and will hit FA regardless of how much we try to extend him for.....

[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely ZERO evidence that they made ANY effort to sign ellsbury long term at anytime.  Trying for years?  B-S.

I am also sick of the Boras-drangement syndrome.  If the Sox made a great offer - ellsbury would have signed.  

Instead the team has consistently underplayed ellsbury's talent; questioned his injuries; whined about his Arizona rehab - and in general made a terrible effort to sign him.

Is Boras forcing them to sign mediocre OFs and chase after a .227 hitter?  Let's blame that on Boras too.

In fact, from now on let's just blame everything on Boras.  Lester has an off year?  Boras.  The Sox GM dumps hundreds of millions in salary but now they refuse to spend?  Boras.  The OF is full of mediocrities?  Boras.

[/QUOTE]

now your just being childish. i''ve read many reports on the globes website saying BC has been trying to extend jacoby. they tried it after 2011. and they tried again after 2012..

-they have never underplayed his talent.

-the media are the only ones who have questioned his injuries

-youk is the only one who whined about his arizona rehab (mind you youk rehabbed away from the team too)

-and they have made an effort to sign him. nothing they can do if he won't sign the deal.

you should do some research before you go on a rant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol. Strawman much? You need to get a grip. No one said Boras was responsible for all this team's problems, but guessing that he might have an effect on Ellsbury contract negotiations is pretty reasonable.

If the Sox made a great offer - ellsbury would have signed.  

You could say just as easily that if Ellsbury was willing to sign for a reasonable amount, the Sox would have signed him already. Guess what, it takes two sides to make a deal, and the fact is that no one on this board knows any particulars what the Sox have or have not discussed with or offered Ellsbury, or what his contract demands might be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

who is going to pitch?

[/QUOTE]

It is a little absurd to be digesting the news about Napoli, Ross, Ross, and Swisher without news about how the pitching will be improved. Thats really the only thing that matters right now, and as far as I know, we have made no progress so far to improve our pitching. Hard to get excited about all the mediocre position players in the news without news about obtaining new pitchers.

[/QUOTE]

Its when I dont hear anything during the offseason that I think something is going to happen. Usually when they keep really quiet about something, its so nobody expects or anticipates what their moves are going to be...Smart way to do things IMO....

[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with the lack of movement on the pitching front so far as long as when ST starts that area has been improved. There is no short solution to the mess the pitching staff is in. Its going to take a couple of years IMO to fix it. But that means starting THIS year sometime. The discussions about Ross and Napoli et al pales in comparison to what must be done to correct the major weakness the team has right now, and has had since 2008: starting pitching.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Dont you know by now that we were always within striking distance and in on everything, but we do very little big things.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Nothing will satisfy SG. His one of the consistent "sky is falling" types...To even suggest that this team has no plan shows that you cant take him seriously...

[/QUOTE]

After losing 90+ games spending all of your energy chasing a .227 hitter who had 80 hits is NOT A PLAN. 

[/QUOTE]

So who is the great talent they should be going after Einstein?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Stop using the Boras cover as our excuse for thinking not extending Ellsbury hasn't happened. It's not our excuse. We are happy Theo & Ben have not been listening to you. We'd be stuck with CC II.

Simply put, Ells is not worth even close to what he wants (and likely will get elsewhere). The only thing wrong with the plan so far, is that Ells is still here and we will likely not get anything for him as we miss the playoffs for another year.

The plan should be to trade him before opening day to maximize the value of the comp pick and grow our return value.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Don't want Swish or Nap, want the Nats 1st baseman and Hamilton.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yor cherry picking a bad year when he was injured battling a leg injury all year...If we dont sign him I wont lose sleep. Im also not high on a 4 year deal. 10-12M per @ 3years. His swing is a fit for fenway, like Gomes'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

who is going to pitch?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with the lack of movement on the pitching front so far as long as when ST starts that area has been improved. There is no short solution to the mess the pitching staff is in. Its going to take a couple of years IMO to fix it. But that means starting THIS year sometime. The discussions about Ross and Napoli et al pales in comparison to what must be done to correct the major weakness the team has right now, and has had since 2008: starting pitching.

[/QUOTE]

I agree...I do think a Lester comeback will happen as well as Bard this year. Im looking at a McCarthy type signing maybe. Or a possible mid rotation type. Not sure I see a big blockbuster type deal. But then again, anything is possible... In the next couple years names like Rubby, Webster, Workman and Barnes will be in our conversaions...Lots of solid potential after them too...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

oops

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It means we're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Because none of these are starting pitchers, which they've needed since late 2011.

[/QUOTE]

You go that right Zill. Ben is is trying to fill bench roles when he needs to beef up the rotation.
    If he thinks that Lester, Buch, and Lackey are our top 3 starters, we can expect another 2012 season in 2013, and I predict that when Sep 30th of 2013 rolls around Valentine will be exonnerated. It was never about BV.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It means we're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Because none of these are starting pitchers, which they've needed since late 2011.

[/QUOTE]

You go that right Zill. Ben is is trying to fill bench roles when he needs to beef up the rotation.
    If he thinks that Lester, Buch, and Lackey are our top 3 starters, we can expect another 2012 season in 2013, and I predict that when Sep 30th of 2013 rolls around Valentine will be exonnerated. It was never about BV.

[/QUOTE]

it doesn't matter the order of which the deals get done. its all logical. the bench guys sign first (guys who only get a few offers so it makes sense that they sign early) then the big names sign later (because they are getting many offers from many teams so obviously it takes longer to get these deals done).

patience dude, take a chill pill and let BC do his job

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why do you keep repeating .227 and 80 hits?  Surely you're aware how little relevance either has?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why do you keep repeating .227 and 80 hits?  Surely you're aware how little relevance either has?

[/QUOTE]

its clear he doesn't

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Makes one wonder what the mega trade with L.A. Was about . Was it to free up money to spend on these guys ?  Does that make for a better team ? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Makes one wonder what the mega trade with L.A. Was about . Was it to free up money to spend on these guys ?  Does that make for a better team ? 

[/QUOTE]

I firmy believe it was to cut payroll and do it on the "Cheap" in the future.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

got the money......you betcha.......pull the plug ........sign some talent......what is this the beginning  of another 86 years.......wake up people......tou buy the tjckets and the merchandise

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

demand quality...for all the money henry has made.....the price of tickets.......we should feel entitled.......ultimatly we pay for the product

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I can appreciate the value of the various metrics that are now in use. However , I don't think the day will ever come when batting average is no longer relevant.  The same with ERA .

Sections
Shortcuts