Red Sox in Trouble for Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Red Sox in Trouble for Game 3

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ortiz, Middlebrooks and Nava and Lavarnway are the only Red Sox players with good numbers against Verlander. Bogaerts has never face him, so please get the embarrassing Stephen Drew on the bench, his 2012 and 2013 playoff numbers are disgraceful. 

Ryan Lavarnway isn't on the roster, and neither is Bradley. Mike Carp is batting zero against Verlander, with a .167 OPS. Maybe fake an accident and look for a playoff roster change loophole. 

Lineup needs to be:

Ellsbury CF  .587 OPS (Please play the game like Hunter and give some effort on the field)

Nava LF      1.167 OPS

Ortiz DH    1.174 OPS  2 Homers

Middlebrooks 3B  1.000 OPS

Pedroia 2B   .161 OPS   1 for 18 with 1 BB v. Verlander

Napoli 1B    .753 OPS

Bogaerts  SS No history v. Verlander

Salty   C      .267 OPS

Shane RF    .000 OPS in 6 PA v. Verlander

Manager John won't do it this way. He'll knee jerk Pedroia and Shane into 2 and 3, move Middlebrooks way down, and start the great fall legend, Stephen Drew. 

Here are some numbers vs. Red Sox payroll ACE, John Lackey:

Austin Jackson CF  .875 OPS 

Tori Hunter RF  .707 OPS   2 Homers against big John

Miguel Cabrera  3B   1.051 OPS 1 homer against big John the grinder and gutty starter

Prince Fielder 1B   1.111 OPS 

Victor Martinez  DH .928 OPS

Andy Dirks  1.300 OPS

Jose Iglesias 1.000 OPS

Alex Avila C  .222 OPS

Omar Infante .624 OPS

I don't like these matchups for Game 3, unlike the Game 2 matchups that I liked much better for the Red Sox. 

[/QUOTE]

What I find funny is when I was calling to sign Hunter a year ago, you called him a washed up old man who was nothing more than a PT player, 4th OF profile, should retire and all that. I believe you called him a racist too. Now your singing his praises about how he plays the game to attempt to make Ells look bad?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We all know that Verlander is one of the best pitchers in the game. At this point, you can throw out the stats. It is high stakes, high pressure , post season baseball. It is all about who handles it better and who steps up to make the difference. That will determine the winner. That and a little luck. If any of us knew how to consistently predict these things, we would have it made. Don't pretend otherwise.  These things can go either way. It often comes down to one play, one decision , one call. A game of inches. Sox have found a way to win all year. Why stop here ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The more games the Sox win, the more desperate he becomes, and the more threads he starts. Its all an act.

[/QUOTE]

hahhahahahahahaha

The softfireman as one of the most ignorant baseball minds to ever post here, a racist and a hate filled troll desperate to see the Sox lose!

What a piece of trash. At least 995 of the board is aware of his lonely, miserable life/act on this board

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I laughed at the Rays, after Moonslav trumpeted how "scary they were". 

But I'm worried about the Red Sox and the Game 3 matchups. 

[/QUOTE]

More prescient commentary by the Stiff One!  My 8 yr. old nephew can tell you that Detroit, with their PITCHING is scary as hell.

You gave the Sox "ZERO" shot in the post season since Spring Training.  You've been wrong about 99% of everything to do with this team & all the players.  Now you're calling for them to fall short of winning the WS in a pathetic bid for one correct call, given a 75% probability of being right.  Ooooooh!  Gutsy call their little man.....

So why would any self-respecting Sox fan give a rats rear end what you think about the series?  Please crawl back in your hole!   ;)

Ah what the heck!  It's kind of fun having you back  :)

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts