Red Sox likely to call up five players

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Red Sox likely to call up five players

WEEI:

Besides the already confirmed call-ups of outfielder Joey Gathright and pitcher Junichi Tazawa, WEEI.com has learned the Red Sox will likely promote first baseman Lars Anderson, shortstop Jose Iglesias and left-handed pitcher Trever Miller to the major league roster. The team will have to create 40-man roster spots for both Gathright and Miller.

Anderson finished his season with Triple A Pawtucket hitting .265 with a .791 OPS, hitting 14 home runs with 78 RBI in 136 games. Iglesias completed his first Triple-A season with a .235 batting average in 101 games, totaling one home run to go along with a .285 on-base percentage and .554 OPS. The shortstop also stole 12 bases.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesoftlaw. Show thesoftlaw's posts

Re: Red Sox likely to call up five players

Is there an echo?

I hope these call-ups can help poor Timmy Wastefield win his first game since June 23, 1944.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hudsoncars. Show hudsoncars's posts

Re: Red no likely to call up five players

No chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hudsoncars. Show hudsoncars's posts

The whole team is piled on the toboggan and on the way down the Ivey hill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hudsoncars. Show hudsoncars's posts

Correction ....icey hill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thecrawford. Show thecrawford's posts

In Response to Red Sox likely to call up five players:
    [QUOTE]WEEI: Besides the already confirmed call-ups of outfielder Joey Gathright and pitcher Junichi Tazawa, WEEI.com has learned the Red Sox will likely promote first baseman Lars Anderson, shortstop Jose Iglesias and left-handed pitcher Trever Miller to the major league roster. The team will have to create 40-man roster spots for both Gathright and Miller. Anderson finished his season with Triple A Pawtucket hitting .265 with a .791 OPS, hitting 14 home runs with 78 RBI in 136 games. Iglesias completed his first Triple-A season with a .235 batting average in 101 games, totaling one home run to go along with a .285 on-base percentage and .554 OPS. The shortstop also stole 12 bases.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

except for the HR's, iglesias' numbers are similar to my namesake, jd crawford.
    i wonder what the SOX are paying iglesias per year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox likely to call up five players:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Red Sox likely to call up five players : except for the HR's, iglesias' numbers are similar to my namesake, jd crawford. i wonder what the SOX are paying iglesias per year?
    Posted by thecrawford[/QUOTE]

130 point difference in OPS is not similar.  Also, Pawtucket and Boston are not similar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thecrawford. Show thecrawford's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox likely to call up five players:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox likely to call up five players : 130 point difference in OPS is not similar.  Also, Pawtucket and Boston are not similar.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

sorry to DIS the great jd crawford. i mean where would the SOX be w/o him?
    so i think you're saying that IGLESIAS is worse than mr CRAWFORD. can you name any other professional ballplayers worse than the epstein mistake?
    i'll give you adam dunn.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Where do all these players fit in the tiny clubhouse ?    Will they have to pull a number to take a shower ?     No elbow room in the dugout either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m