Red Sox "Likely To Sign" Chris Capuano?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Red Sox

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd rather see the younger pitchers given a chance, but on the bright side, it may be an indication that they have no interest in signing Stephen Drew, or if they do, little, little money.

[/QUOTE]

How does this correlated with that?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me, this is like the Dempster signing- only $24M cheaper (actually $11M cheaper as it turned out).

[/QUOTE]

???

[/QUOTE]

(Typo: $1M >> $11M)

Sigingn Capuano is like the Dempster signing last year: back of rotation SP and nothing more. Dempster was signed for $26.5M/2 but we lucked out and only will have to pay $13.25M/1. Capuano will cost just over $2M. 

The cost differential will be about $11M for about the same quality.

[/QUOTE]

I think Capuano can make as much as $5M if he reaches appearance targets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess Workman will start the year with the Pawtucket.  Workman-Webster-Ranaudo-Barnes-DRL.  It's not a bad move but it's an unnecessary move IMO.  Workman would have served perfectly as a swing man and we have plenty of depth.  

[/QUOTE]

Workman will start the year in the bullpen with the Red Sox.  I don't think they wanted to play around with his arm switching him between being a starter and a relief pitcher.  They would rather put the added stress on a guy's arm who is 35 years old and I agree with it.  Don't add any risk to the kids getting hurt and ruining their careers.

If Workman pitched in the World Series as one of Farrell's trusted guys, then I expect him to stay there.  I think the Sox saw Workman as a bullpen arm right along. 

Sections
Shortcuts