Red Sox "Likely To Sign" Chris Capuano?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Red Sox

In response to ADG's comment:

I'd rather see the younger pitchers given a chance, but on the bright side, it may be an indication that they have no interest in signing Stephen Drew, or if they do, little, little money.

How does this correlated with that?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

To me, this is like the Dempster signing- only $24M cheaper (actually $11M cheaper as it turned out).

???

(Typo: $1M >> $11M)

Sigingn Capuano is like the Dempster signing last year: back of rotation SP and nothing more. Dempster was signed for $26.5M/2 but we lucked out and only will have to pay $13.25M/1. Capuano will cost just over $2M. 

The cost differential will be about $11M for about the same quality.

I think Capuano can make as much as $5M if he reaches appearance targets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

I guess Workman will start the year with the Pawtucket.  Workman-Webster-Ranaudo-Barnes-DRL.  It's not a bad move but it's an unnecessary move IMO.  Workman would have served perfectly as a swing man and we have plenty of depth.  

Workman will start the year in the bullpen with the Red Sox.  I don't think they wanted to play around with his arm switching him between being a starter and a relief pitcher.  They would rather put the added stress on a guy's arm who is 35 years old and I agree with it.  Don't add any risk to the kids getting hurt and ruining their careers.

If Workman pitched in the World Series as one of Farrell's trusted guys, then I expect him to stay there.  I think the Sox saw Workman as a bullpen arm right along. 

Sections
Shortcuts