Red Sox management: Lies, Lies, and more lies!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Red Sox management: Lies, Lies, and more lies!

LOL @ Frankentroll.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

In regards to Aceves demotion, Farrell said :This was strictly performance-based.”

“He just has to pitch better. Besides that, there’s nothing else to it,” Cherington said.

So demotion and promotion is strictly performance based. Excuse me while I LOL!

Let’s take a look at this Red Sox management philosophy. Is it consistent?

The answer is No with a capital N!

A prime example of this inconsistency is the following example:

Iglesias was hitting .450 with a .550 slugging percentage. Add to that a sensational -- and wildly entertaining brand of defense. This combination made him one of the most productive shortstops in baseball. His reward: demotion. Was it strictly performance based? Did the Sox front office make the decision based on production in the most recent past? No with a capital N!

Do you see the inconsistency?\

Is this front office being up front with its fans? No with a capital N!

Did the fact that the Sox signed Stephen Drew to a $9.5 million contract last winter have anything to do with the decision? Yes with a capital Y!

What is Stephen Drew currently batting? .119

Should the Sox judge Middlebrooks(BA=.169) Gomes (BA=.188) and Saltalamacchia ( BA= .237)

based strictly on performance?

Recent history clearly demonstrates Red Sox management’s viewpoint.

Take Manny Ramirez. Clearly Ramirez had his moments with the Sox , especially when it came to fake hamstring injuries and childish behavior. But it was waved off with mumblings of "Manny being Manny" and forced smiles.

Ramirez was a game-changing hitter who made a difference when he was in the lineup. Ramirez's teammates were willing to put up with the Manny nonsense (when they got fed up in 2008, Ramirez was gone).

When Alfredo Aceves pitched horribly on Tuesday, including an inning when he balked twice and failed to cover first base, manager John Farrell called it a lack of focus. It wasn't the first time. But it is doubtful his teammates had his back (especially after he blamed them for not hitting).

What we have is lies, lies and more lies.

Watch out while traveling on the bridge to nowhere!

...so your point is...did we miss something in the translation...what are you trying to say.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Frank they said Aceves demotion was performance based. They never said anything like that about the others. Trying to take other players who sod not have options and saying if AA is a performances based demotion then so should others because of their performance is making a stretch. Those that do not have options can not be sent down without going thruwaivers or being DFA'd. 

You case would be logical if the others had options but they do not so it is apples and oranges.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In regards to Aceves demotion, Farrell said :This was strictly performance-based.”

“He just has to pitch better. Besides that, there’s nothing else to it,” Cherington said.

Iglesias was hitting .450 with a .550 slugging percentage. Add to that a sensational -- and wildly entertaining brand of defense. This combination made him one of the most productive shortstops in baseball. His reward: demotion. Was it strictly performance based? Did the Sox front office make the decision based on production in the most recent past? No with a capital N!

Did the fact that the Sox signed Stephen Drew to a $9.5 million contract last winter have anything to do with the decision? Yes with a capital Y!

Should the Sox judge Middlebrooks(BA=.169) Gomes (BA=.188) and Saltalamacchia ( BA= .237)

Take Manny Ramirez. Clearly Ramirez had his moments with the Sox , especially when it came to fake hamstring injuries and childish behavior. But it was waved off with mumblings of "Manny being Manny" and forced smiles.

Ramirez was a game-changing hitter who made a difference when he was in the lineup. Ramirez's teammates were willing to put up with the Manny nonsense (when they got fed up in 2008, Ramirez was gone).

When Alfredo Aceves pitched horribly on Tuesday, including an inning when he balked twice and failed to cover first base, manager John Farrell called it a lack of focus. It wasn't the first time. But it is doubtful his teammates had his back (especially after he blamed them for not hitting).

I agree management probably doesn't tell us everything but do you really expect they would, or should if it creates more drama?  Aceves in my opinion is on his way out of Boston before the end of the season if we can trade him.  I'm sure teams would show interest even if we didn't get much in return. 

As for Iggy, I also agree to some extent but when you sign a guy for 9mil as in the case of Drew and Ciriaco plays SS while presently backing up 3B, this keeps Iggy off the roster for now.  With Middy, a lot of us suspected or expected there may be a drop off after his rookie year.  Nobody thought it would be to this extent and again Ciriaco is our only real back up plan.  I think we can safely say the same for Salty and especially Ross offensively which may have had something to do with bringing Lav back up.  If this was the case, these are the kind of moves I love because it sometimes lights a fire under the person or persons struggling.

The team is winning with these guys struggling because our SP pitching/defense has been amazing along with timely hitting.  Will this continue if all these guys continue to struggle?  Maybe, maybe not but we are 15 and 7 to start the year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Aceves stinks... that's no lie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DAT-A-BOY Frank,    Like the "BIG O', people in charge always say things that fit the moment........ Like yesterday, "BIG O" drooling all over   G W B and what a smart & great guy he was/is  !!!  No longer blameing the guy every 20min on the 20min !!!

and you wonder why nobody but trolls on here like you.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

DAT-A-BOY Frank,    Like the "BIG O', people in charge always say things that fit the moment........ Like yesterday, "BIG O" drooling all over   G W B and what a smart & great guy he was/is  !!!  No longer blameing the guy every 20min on the 20min !!!

Im not a troll, just a fun loving baseball & Red Sox fan enjoying playing  G M & MANAGER here on Al Gore's highway !!!!!  "Troll, is such a childish term"  !!!

And there you so.......agreeing with somebody who comes here ONLY TO TRY TO RILE SOX FANS UP.  What do you do??  Agree with him because he sucked up to you.  He knows you're not a fan so now he has his buddy to hold onto.  He uses you......but something tells me you like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

They were clear from day one the job was Drew's and that Drew would start once he was healthy. No wavering on that at all. Maybe a bad call, but not a lie. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im not a troll, just a fun loving baseball & Red Sox fan enjoying playing  G M & MANAGER here on Al Gore's highway !!!!!  "Troll, is such a childish term"  !!!

Actually, I didnt directly call you one. But your guilty by association now.

This guy comes here just to Pizz off Sox fans and you give him a "Dat a boy!"? seriously Bill? Sorry, what little chance I gave you is gone. Your one of the most useless trolls on this board. Its amazing to me how many losers come on this board. I honestly didnt realize so many people got off on trying to make others mad...How pathetic is that? Lol...My how brave people have become hiding behind a keyboard...Well, enjoy your pathetic lives I guess...Too funny. ignore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Franky franky franky franky franky! 

You do realize there is a rhyme and reason for everything do you? your opinions are obviously biased and unimformed as you are just not a fan.

I would bet my first born son there is a deal in place for Aceves.  The Sox are telling him they will stretch him out as a starter in Pawtucket while seeking a trade. 

There obviously not going to say that to the media because they want do all they can to sell Aceves.  I gurantee Ben Charrington is on the phones right now.

It's actually a pretty darn smart baseball move, because you get Aceves out of the clubhouse and you get to showcase him at the same time.  I always liked Aceves, but you just can't pull the garabage he was pulling....he needed to get Da Boot!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

seriously?  this thread is useless.  Frank - stick to analyzing something more simple such as bowling or shuffleboard.  discussing a big-boy sport like baseball is waaaaay over your head.

have a nice day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Every now and then, we agree!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I believe you are a fun loving baseball fan Bill, even though sometimes you irritate people here. On the other hand, Frankentroll only posts mindless drivel designed to get a rise out of well intentioned posters here ALL THE TIME. He is totally useless and detracts a great deal from the board when he starts threads. I think its time the mods began to do their job at eliminating trolling here by banning Frankentroll.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

They can move players around however they want.  What bothers me is the fake sell out streak they manufactured for years.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

The old poster named Law is back. He is Frank from Gloucester.  Writes well, is articulate, and his mission is to annoy Red Sox fan with a bucket of illogic and drivel.

Well according to the poster who remembers what someone tweeted to me two years ago, my grammar is terrible and she questions my education.  So please do not confuse this law person and me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Yawn.  I can't even bother myself to read through an entire post of this crap.  Just go away Frank - nobody cares what you have to say.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I just want to point out that I did not read's Frank post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Fake Frank is cute.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts