Red Sox Managerial Canadiates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan28. Show redsoxfan28's posts

Red Sox Managerial Canadiates

Tim Bogar - He interviewed for the astros opening before the job went to Bo Porter and is a canadaite according to Peter Abraham.

Torey Lovullo - He is appearently liked by the Red Sox, as they interviewed him for both the managerial opening and bench coach opening.

Dave Martinez - He has been connected the the Sox job since last year, but wasn't interviewed, but that could change this year.

Manny Acta - He just got fired from the Indians and he would be the ideal person to replace Valentine.

John Farrell - He is the top canadiate to replace Valentine after this season, but he is probably going to cost signifigant compensation, so it may be good if you pass on him if the Jays want a lot for him.

Brad Mills - He is just like Tito and should get the job cause he would a manager that players respect.

Jim Leyland - If you wanted to win right away, Leyland is your guy. That's if the Tigers miss the playoffs and his contract isn't renewed.

Ryne Sandberg - He has gotten a lot of positive reviews latley and should be on top of the Red Sox managerial list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Red Sox Managerial Canadiates

John Farrell you got to make that happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Only Leyland would make me feel confident we had a good / the right guy.   Farrell & Acta haven't shown much and the rest have no track record.

That's not to say guys that have failed and been fired can't later succeed (Torre, Francona) or guys with no track record can't win (many examples) but it's hardly a list to salivate over....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Obama should be available.

But do we really want to hear about what a mess of a team he inherited?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Farrell hasn't done much with the Blue Jays and has shown ineptness in handling discipline problems, like with his shortstop.  Besides, he would cost us too much in compensation, but if he stops the Yankees the Red Sox might just sign as a vote of thanks, silly as that sounds.

Acta was a loser in Cleveland and Mills a total failure in Houston......we don't need any more losers in Boston.  We've had our share of them to last a decade.  I kind of like David Martinez myself.  He has been Joe Maddon's right hand man in Tampa Bay for the past half decade and say what you will, Joe is one helluva manager who makes do with short rosters and mediocre signings each year.  Torey Lovullo might worth a shot, kind of like Ventura and Matheny.  But no proven losers.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to redsoxfan28's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tim Bogar - He interviewed for the astros opening before the job went to Bo Porter and is a canadaite according to Peter Abraham.

Torey Lovullo - He is appearently liked by the Red Sox, as they interviewed him for both the managerial opening and bench coach opening.

Dave Martinez - He has been connected the the Sox job since last year, but wasn't interviewed, but that could change this year.

Manny Acta - He just got fired from the Indians and he would be the ideal person to replace Valentine.

John Farrell - He is the top canadiate to replace Valentine after this season, but he is probably going to cost signifigant compensation, so it may be good if you pass on him if the Jays want a lot for him.

Brad Mills - He is just like Tito and should get the job cause he would a manager that players respect.

Jim Leyland - If you wanted to win right away, Leyland is your guy. That's if the Tigers miss the playoffs and his contract isn't renewed.

Ryne Sandberg - He has gotten a lot of positive reviews latley and should be on top of the Red Sox managerial list.

[/QUOTE]

If the Angels don't make the playoffs then Scoscia might be available. He is a possibility. Either him or Martinez would be fine. I do not give up anything to get Farrell. Sorry. Not to another ALE division team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I still like Tony Pena.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

Nix, if I could direct you to the title of this thread. Note that the Subject is Red Sox Managerial Candidates. I know you have a problem with reading comprehension, so please take your time rereading the title and for the sake of those of us who are participating in this discussion please stay on subject. May I suggest that should you need further help please contact your ultra ego Bill for assistance.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still like Tony Pena.

[/QUOTE]

A black manager in Boston? Never happen!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I still like Tony Pena.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill Russell, Satch Sanders, KC Jones, ML Carr, Doc Rivers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think Farrell is out.  Not only are the Jays performing under expectations, but now a lot of clubhouse issues are coming out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Jim Leyland would be my first choice. I would also consider promoting Pawsox manager, Arnie Beyeler. He's familair with the organization, front office and several players, not to mention the job he did with half the team up and down the I-95, most of season

Francona is scheduled to interview for the Cleveland Indians managerial opening, next week. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I still like Tony Pena.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that Pena is Latino, otherwise it was a fine post by Ike.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I still like Tony Pena.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's hispanic.  Wow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to bald-predictions's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Obama should be available.

But do we really want to hear about what a mess of a team he inherited?

[/QUOTE]   Well said BALDY ......   The "BIG O" WOULD NOT BE HAPPY WITH THE FACT THAT THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO "REDI$TRIBUTE"   !!!!!   Still can't get over how we duped the DODGERS to take $250MIL of unperforming $timulous off our hands !!!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

In response to redsoxfan28's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Need to add Tony LaRussa and Bud Black

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I still like Tony Pena.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that Pena is Latino, otherwise it was a fine post by Ike.

[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I don't understand why someone wouldn't consider a person from Latin America of African ancestry "Black" (if/when one thinks about such things at all). 

Is Ferguson Jenkins "Black"?  I'd say yes, he's a guy of African ancestry that comes from Canada.  Daley Thompson (Decathalete)?  I'd say yes, he's a guy of African ancestry that comes from England.  Thierry Henry (footballer)?  I'd say yes, he's a guy of African ancestry that comes from France.  So why is it different for guys of African ancestry that come from countries in Latin America?  It seems exactly the same to me.

Can someone explain their thinking on this?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

To be honest, I don't understand why someone wouldn't consider a person from Latin America of African ancestry "Black" (if/when one thinks about such things at all). 

Is Ferguson Jenkins "Black"?  I'd say yes, he's a guy of African ancestry that comes from Canada.  Daley Thompson (Decathalete)?  I'd say yes, he's a guy of African ancestry that comes from England.  Thierry Henry (footballer)?  I'd say yes, he's a guy of African ancestry that comes from France.  So why is it different for guys of African ancestry that come from countries in Latin America?  It seems exactly the same to me.

Can someone explain their thinking on this?

[/QUOTE]

I might get slammed for this if it's taken the wrong way but it is a bit of local racism. I don't believe that the parties that posted this to Boston.com are reacist but they are very aware of the racism that in some minds still exists is Boston so the perception in thier minds is that a Black manager will not be hired. I believe or at least hope that the Boston FO has an open mind and would hire the best candidate possible not matter what the colour of thier skin or national background. 

Just my thoughts, 

Hetch

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I think Farell is without a doubt the best choice! Why? Because the media told me so and I cannot think without their input. Signed:  Southpaw

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ah, mr. softy and mr. bill. ya gotta love em. 

a case of someone so ignorant, it takes two monikers to spread his stupidity around.

both baseball stupid and politically stupid.

if this nitwit was in favor of obama, i would be disappointed. it's a known fact that most of the morons in this country(like softy/bill) live on the extreme right. 

question of the day: name a right wing-nut with a sense of humor.

answer: there aren't any.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with half of this Yazz..Trotter is a right wing nut who seems intent on forcing his political views on the rest of us on a baseball forum despite being told time after time that no one wants to hear it. On the other hand, I find myself agreeing with his posts most of the time when they are related to baseball. If he could only learn to restrict what he writes to baseball related thoughts....

Sections
Shortcuts