1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Re: Red Sox Minor League Observations And Updates

Good game by Lavarnway today. He's now hitting over .300 at Pawtucket. Tales of his demise are probably premature IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Sean Coyle, Cechinni and Almanzar are tearing it up so far this year. Also Brentz.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I've been very impressed with Henry Owens so far, kid looks like he mightbe able to start moving quickly later this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Sean Coyle too.  Since he was drafted he was always kinda tied in with Gecchini but has done very little to help his prospect status. It would be nice if he could really put it together this year and put himself back in the conversation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I think Coyle was maybe pushed a tad too fast. There is still a lot of talent there. I expect a big year in 2013 for both him and Cechinni.

Gotta love the starts for both Owen and Ranaudo. I'd like nothing better than to have 3-4 mega stud starting pitcher prospects emerge out of the current crop. Webster looks and acts like a freak of nature. Have you seen his body? Now that is a freak of nature optimized for pitching. He's a good looking kid, don't get me wrong. He just has a great body for pitching.

Webster, Barnes, De La Rosa, Owens, Ranaudo, with a #7 pick waiting in the wings this June! Even Britton and Workman trending up. It is a great time to be a Sox fan!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Kyle Kaminska has retired six in a row

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Sea Dogs lead 2-0...have made Top pitching prospect Alex Meyer work, he's thrown 75 pitches through 4

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Just got back from the sea dogs game.  Sat right behind the sea dogs dugout.  It was nice to see them hit the ball so well against a top pitcher; Shaw, Wilkerson, Thomas hit some rockets off of him.  I will say however that I don't think Meyer had his best stuff, early on Meyer had control issues and his fastball had very little movement on it. 

Bogaerts did not look good at the plate tonight, made very weak contact.  In the field Boggy made a an error and looked a little sloppy on another play.  Peter Hissey made on of the best plays I've seen n RF.

Bard looked decent, gave up an unearned run and was not helped out much by the defense.  I'm looking forward to going backtomorrow to check out Matt Barnes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Best minor league OPS (with 14+ PAs):

Coyle  1.44

Gibson 1.32

Almanzar 1.24

Chester  1.09

Snyder  1.00

Hazelbaker 0.98

Vitek  0.97

Hamilton 0.97

Cecchini  0.95

Tavarez  0.92

Brentz  0.89

Marrero  0.87

notables:

Butler  0.79

Lava    0.78

TShaw 0.77

Vinicio  0.76

de la Cruz 0.56

Linares  0.51

Bogaerts 0.44

Swihart  0.38

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Recap:

Kyle Kaminska worked five innings for the Sea Dogs, giving up four runs on seven hits. He struck out three and did not issue any walks.

The Sea Dogs wasted no time getting on the board. Shaw and Tony Thomas both hit RBI doubles to give Portland the lead 2-0 in the top of the first.

The Sea Dogs mounted a late inning rally and defeated New Britain in extra innings, 6-5. Travis Shaw's RBI single in the top of the tenth knocked in Shannon Wilkerson for the go-ahead run.

Chris Martin (1-0) pitched three innings of shutout relief to earn the win. Brock Huntzinger came on in the bottom half of the tenth and earned his third save of the year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

PawSox Lineup for today: Holt 2B, Iglesias SS, Ortiz DH, Lavarnway C, Brentz RF, Maier CF, Snyder 1B, Sutton 3B, Hazelbaker LF - Kehrt P

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jeremy Kehrt activated from DL, Godfrey placed on inactive list, Hee placed on DL and Mitch Maier activated from DL (left wrist sprain)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Portland Lineup: Wilkerson 8, Meneses 6, Shaw 3, Thomas 7, Almanzar 5, Vitek DH, Vazquez 2, Bermudez 9, Dent 4, Barnes RHP

New Britain Lineup: Richardson 8, Garcia 4, Hanson 5, Pinto DH, Bigley 9, Smith 3, Rodriguez 7, Beresford 6, Lehmann 2, Martin LHP

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

David Ortiz is sick and will not play today at Pawtucket.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jeremy Kehrt, making his first appearance of season for the PawSox, allows a solo HR to Rochester's Clete Thomas. Sox trail 1-0 in bottom 1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Barnes 10 pitches/8 strikes in 1st inning: single, DP, K

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Barnes gives up another single in the second inning. Strands the runner. 29 pitches/20 strikes. Sea Dogs lead 1-0

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

PawSox trail Rochester 2-0 after 4-innings at McCoy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Matt Barnes leaves in third w/1 out, bases loaded. In the 3rd: 4 singles, 2 BB, 1 HBP, 4 runs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Final line on Barnes: 2.1 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, K, HB...59 strikes/36 strikes...5-1 New Britain after 3 IP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

PawSox tie it at 2-2 in 7th as Mitch Maier walks, Brandon Snyder doubles, and Drew Sutton delivers 2-run single.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

IDDIO.....  Where have you been...... Im getting killed over on the "SPARK THREAD"  !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

IDDIO.....  Where have you been...... Im getting killed over on the "SPARK THREAD"  !!!

bill needs his mommy to call the mean bullies mommies.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Newcomer Mitch Maier drills a walk-off 3-run HR as PawSox sweep Rochester 5-2 in 11 to improve to 9-1 on season - best start in club history

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Swihart is starting to warm up some. That kid is too athletic to hit .200. At some point he, Cechinni and Coyle are my bets for top prospects from the lower levels. Owens and Johnson from the pitching ranks. It's tough to see how Vinicio keeps producing at his size but he hit a HR the other day. 

After them I like these players:

Margot: 

http://www.soxprospects.com/players/margot-manuel.htm

and Lin (the 19 year old SS ):

http://www.soxprospects.com/players/lin-tzuwei.htm

People here keep saying that the Sox don't like defensive SS. I don't think that is the case. They keep drafting them and signing them. Iglesias, Vinicio, Lin. I think they know Iglesias makes this team better already. They just want to see him develop more. 

When you start getting down to players who haven't even begun to play for Lowell yet it is almost a wild guess. Who knows really. I like to see prospects reach AA ball before really projecting them. Even then is is almost a guess. It is amazing how much a player has to improve to make the majors. Looks at guys like Ranaudo and Barnes, who tore up college ball but still have tons of development before they make the majors.