1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Red Sox Minor League Observations And Updates

After 4 1/2 innings: Binghamton Mets 3, Portland Sea Dogs 2.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Recap:

John Church took over on the mound for Binghamton to start top of sixth. 1-2-3 inning with the first two outs by strikeout.

Binghamton Mets build lead over Portland Sea Dogs to 6-2 with one out and two in scoring position in eighth inning

Sea Dogs passed up force play on last out of eighth to go for a tag instead, allowing a run to score first. Mets now lead, 7-2.

Vazquez singles to drive in Peter Hissey, who doubled, for the Sea Dogs in the ninth.

Final Score: Binghamton Mets 7, Portland Sea Dogs 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Two Red Sox minor leaguers - Gerson Bautista and Miguel Pena - suspended for 50 games under MLB's testing program

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

David Ortiz is set to be the DH again tonight in Pawtucket. Continues to be have ankles closely monitored by Red Sox training staff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

David Ortiz strikes out swinging on a 3-2 pitch to end 1st-inning. PawSox and Lehigh scoreless. Terry Doyle (1-0, 0.79) is Sox starter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

David Ortiz fouls out to 3B on first pitch. Now 0-for-2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ryan Lavarnway breaks up no-hitter in the 5th with a deep HR shot to center. PawSox 1-0;

his first HR of season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Through 2 1/2 innings, the Portland Sea Dogs and Binghamton Mets are scoreless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Brandon Workman trying to win for the third time in as many starts for Sea Dogs. Five strikeouts in three scoreless innings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

PawSox 1B Brandon Snyder smokes solo HR (#3) as Sox lead IronPigs 2-0 in 6th

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Portland Sea Dogs take 1-0 lead over Mets in Binghamton in the 4th. Xander Bogaerts doubles and scores on a Tony Thomas sac fly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

David Ortiz hits hard grounder up the middle that is turned into a 6-3 double play. PawSox still lead 2-0 after 6 behind Terry Doyle

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Recap:

Lehigh's Darin Ruf solo HR off Terry Doyle cuts PawSox lead to 2-1 in 7th

Brandon Snyder delivers 2-run double to up PawSox lead to 4-1 in 7th. Sox still batting with bases loaded and one out.

Holt walks. 5-1 PawSox. Bases loaded one out.

Sac fly for Sutton. 6-1.

Ortiz flies out to center. 6-1 PawSox after 7 Jose De La Torre on in relief of Terry Doyle who went 7 strong innings on 2 hits

PawSox win 6-1 and are 10-3 on season. Terry Doyle is 2-0 with a 0.98 in 3 starts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Brandon Workman and Chris Martin combined on a six-hitter with 12 strikeouts and no walks for the Sea Dogs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I love the service you provide dailey "2004 I Man"(sorry I can't use the word Idiot) but I was wondering if you could break it into smaller portions like "Game 16 MiLB"?---at the rate you are going you will eventually catch up to Moon's thread that is around 1,000---if that's the goal great--go for it. I like the quick takes and your monitoring each game.

By the way--I like Workman--just as I like Aceves because they can pitch in various roles--I see a guy like Workman capable of performing long, short, cut off a rally, fill in starter. I am in hopes we see him in Boston next season.

The Sox have a bright future ahead. I hope when Bradley is sent out ???Friday--he starts in Portland for a few weeks before moving on to the PawSox. That team needs some help and someone to share the star burden with Bogaerts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

"Every day I improve more and more and more," Ortiz said. "I want to max when I'm running just to see if I feel anything. I'm not one hundred percent, yet, but I'm close. I'm very close."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

"Every day I improve more and more and more," Ortiz said. "I want to max when I'm running just to see if I feel anything. I'm not one hundred percent, yet, but I'm close. I'm very close."

"If all things go accordingly, there's a real possibility he can rejoin us on the homestand," Boston manager John Farrell said. "Optimistically, it would be at the start of the homestand."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Recap:

David Ortiz strikes out swinging on high fastball to end 1st-inning. PawSox and Lehigh Valley scoreless at McCoy. Rubby De La Rosa starter

Rubby De La Rosa touched for 4 runs in the 2nd-inning. Lehigh Valley leads Pawtucket 4-0 in bottom of 2nd.

David Ortiz strikes out swinging for the second time in as many at-bats to end 3rd-inning. PawSox trail Lehigh Valley 5-1 after 3.

Big Papi connects. Ortiz drills solo HR off the Budweiser scoreboard in RF for his first homer in 18 at-bats with PawSox. 5-2 Lehigh in 6th

Mitch Maier rips RBI double. PawSox within 5-3 with two on and no outs in 6th.

Wild pitch scores Mark Hamilton. Jose Iglesias lines a double to score Maier and just like that (5 hits in a row) PawSox have tied game 5-5

PawSox settle for 4 runs in the 6th to tie game 5-5. Oscar Villarreal in to start the 7th.

Lehigh Valley #9 hitter Tyson Gilles takes Oscar Villarreal deep for a 3-run HR in 7th as IronPigs go back on top 8-5.

Anthony Carter allows a 2-run HR in the 9th as Lehigh Valley extends lead to 10-5 over Pawtucket.

Cody Overback belts grand-slam off Carter to make it 14-5 Lehigh Valley going to bottom of 9th.

PawSox lose to Lehigh Vally 14-5. Sox are 2-4 vs. Lehigh and 8-0 vs. rest of league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Still on a pitch count, De La Rosa was lifted after the second. The right-hander has now allowed 10 earned runs in 6 2/3 innings this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

"He (De La Rosa) looks like he's just throwing out there. He's got to get to the point where his mindset is more pitching," manager Gary DiSarcina said. "You can throw 96 miles an hour, but these guys are going to hit it. He just needs to be a little more efficient with his pitches, be down in the zone a little more and pitch -- not just get out there and throw.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

De La Torre is off to another strong start with the PawSox, allowing three runs with 10 strikeouts in 9 2/3 innings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ortiz said he's ready to rejoin the major-league team. Expects to be activated tomorrow. Said he might need some days off here and there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

John Farrell said David Ortiz "finished up strong." He'll be back Friday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Both Lackey and Morales are on track to pitch for Double-A Portland on Monday -- Lackey starting, Morales piggybacking.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I love the service you provide dailey "2004 I Man"(sorry I can't use the word Idiot) but I was wondering if you could break it into smaller portions like "Game 16 MiLB"?---at the rate you are going you will eventually catch up to Moon's thread that is around 1,000---if that's the goal great--go for it. I like the quick takes and your monitoring each game.

By the way--I like Workman--just as I like Aceves because they can pitch in various roles--I see a guy like Workman capable of performing long, short, cut off a rally, fill in starter. I am in hopes we see him in Boston next season.

The Sox have a bright future ahead. I hope when Bradley is sent out ???Friday--he starts in Portland for a few weeks before moving on to the PawSox. That team needs some help and someone to share the star burden with Bogaerts.

Your welcome.