Red Sox minor league roundup

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp1769. Show cp1769's posts

Re: Matsuzaka update & Red Sox minor league roundup

Cook looks a little more like he did when he was an all-star.  Lettimg him go would not be good.  Let's see - Yankees get both Oswald and Cook.  Letting any pitching go bothers me.  Bowden gone for Byrd - I don't think so.  That said, I don't see Cook with a rebuilt arm going to the pen.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Not too many pitchers would be worse than the man made of CLAY

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Matsuzaka update & Red Sox minor league roundup:
    [QUOTE]Does Buch even have any options remaining?  Can't send him down too easily, unless you do the "tendon inflammation" thang or something like that....
    Posted by rickerd2[/QUOTE]

He has 1 option remaining.  I'd give him until Dice returns to straighten things out.  After that he can work out his issues at AAA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Red Sox minor league roundup

Cook will be on the Roster May 1st.....and it sounds like in the Bullpen unless Buch gets bombed in this next start......I am good with that....we need that guy who can do the spot start.....only a matter of time before one of the starters misses a start or two.....happens every year to every team...and Cook gives us a guy ut of the Pen to get that DP grounder that we dont really have today. I would drop Padilla, but they may send back down Tazawa for now.....If Dice is ready in Mid May....the questions get very interesting...Will Buch lose his rotation Spot?.....Does Bard or Doubront go back to the Pen?.... If Padilla was out on the Cook move, is it Tazawa who gets sent down or since Cook fills the Atchison role.....do we send him down?....What about Andrew Miller....his Rehab assignment will be up to....is the experiment over? Personally, this would be my Staff.....Lester, Beckett, Buchholz, Matsusaka and Bard(I have given up that the Sox will consider moving him back to the pen), ....Doubront back to the Pen(for the additional lefty) along with Aceves, Morales, Albers, Cook, Tazawa, and Hill..if Buch struggles continue...Doubront still in the rotation....Atchison back in the Pen.....in any case, despite all the early season Angst, that Staff is potentially as a whole as good as anybody is the AL......potentially of course may not be reality.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Bard and Doubront need to stay in the rotation.  They're the future, you don't displace that for a half season fix (Dice).  If Buch is still struggling when we need to make a move for Dice, let him figure it out in AAA, which preserves much needed starting pitching depth.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox minor league roundup:
    [QUOTE]Bard and Doubront need to stay in the rotation.  They're the future, you don't displace that for a half season fix (Dice).  If Buch is still struggling when we need to make a move for Dice, let him figure it out in AAA, which preserves much needed starting pitching depth.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]
    What do you JB if Buch has great outings his next three times out......if you arent willing to move Doubront/Bard.....do you not give Dice a spot back in the rotation? I guess it is a cross that bridge when you come to it  kind of thing, but given a scenario where all 5 guys are healty and pitching resonable well.....what move do you make?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox minor league roundup:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox minor league roundup : What do you JB if Buch has great outings his next three times out......if you arent willing to move Doubront/Bard.....do you not give Dice a spot back in the rotation? I guess it is a cross that bridge when you come to it  kind of thing, but given a scenario where all 5 guys are healty and pitching resonable well.....what move do you make?
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

You answered your own question to an extent.  We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

If Bard and Doubront continue pitching as they have and Clay turns in a couple of good outings between now and then, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 6 man rotation.  Not sure I'd agree with it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it given Bobby V's time in Japan.  Other than that, if the rotation is rolling along, Dice to the pen?  I'm not sure how I feel about his nibbling out there, but it is what it is.  Maybe he could take Padilla's role?

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In Response to Re: Matsuzaka update & Red Sox minor league roundup:
    [QUOTE]I think they gotta DL Buck for 15 days....work things out in PAW while we give A Cook a look for 2-3 starts.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't agree more. RS need to stop pampering these guys. Rotation era is horrible, look at what Yanks did w/ F.Garcia/P.Hughes/Joba. Need to produce to stay in rotation. Give Cook a shot and let Buchholz solve his problems not at expense of Big League team. Remember we missed playoffs last year by 1 game. These games count just as much as Sept. games.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Thanks for the updates! Some ups and downs, but certainly enough here to be encouraged about.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Gomez has been ripping it up in Pawtucket.  I know the scouts say that he doesn't have what it takes but I believe he is only 27 and is producing FAR better then Lars ever has.

Sections
Shortcuts