Red Sox name Levangie as bullpen coach......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Red Sox name Levangie as bullpen coach......

The Red Sox today named Dana Levangie as their bullpen coach.

Levangie, 43, is native of Whitman, Mass., and attended American International College in Springfield. He was drafted by the Red Sox in 1991 and played until 1996, reaching Triple A Pawtucket.

He was a catcher in the minors.

Levangie became a bullpen catcher for the Red Sox in 1997. He was promoted to professional scout in 2005 then became a major league advance scout in 2006. He will continue to assist with scouting duties.................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Red Sox name Levangie as bullpen coach......

YESSSSS!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Dana Levangie.....^

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, he's no Gary Tuck.  Gonna have to really step up his game to match Tuck's eye-popping BCERA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Well, he's no Gary Tuck.  Gonna have to really step up his game to match Tuck's eye-popping BCERA.

best in the league for over 6 years!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Good choice. A nondescript guy for a nondescript job. Main duty is answering the phone and getting up the reliever that the pitching coach tells you to get up.  Hard to mess that up. Varitek was never going to take this job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Good choice. A nondescript guy for a nondescript job. Main duty is answering the phone and getting up the reliever that the pitching coach tells you to get up.  Hard to mess that up. Varitek was never going to take this job.

Oh, so that's all there is to it.  Why didn't I get that job, then?  I can answer the phone and take orders from the pitching coach too.

Guess I'm not nondescript enough.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ive noticed a lot of the cadidates and some that the Sox chose to hire as a coach have a connection to New England. Whether born here, went to school, wife is from here...Whatever, just something I noticed.

Good signing, Levangie knows his stuff...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Oh, so that's all there is to it.  Why didn't I get that job, then?  I can answer the phone and take orders from the pitching coach too.

Guess I'm not nondescript enough.  

Unfortunately , you were not eligible.  It is called the " Tuck " rule.  A certain level of nondescriptness is required.

Sections
Shortcuts