RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM"

THAT ROSTER.....2/3RD'S MUST GO !!!!! COLONEL HENRY, PULL THE STRING, PLEASE !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM"

In Response to RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM":
    [QUOTE]  THAT ROSTER.....2/3RD'S MUST GO !!!!! COLONEL HENRY, PULL THE STRING, PLEASE !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

OK Bill, are these the 8 players that should be retained, and the rest disposed of:

1) Pedroia
    2) Gonzalez
    3) Ellsbury
    4) Crawford - he's not going anywhere so he's on the list.
    5) Bard
    6) Aceves
    7) Buchholz
    8) Lester - although was he part of the problem?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM":
    [QUOTE]In Response to RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM" : OK Bill, are these the 8 players that should be retained, and the rest disposed of: 1) Pedroia 2) Gonzalez 3) Ellsbury 4) Crawford - he's not going anywhere so he's on the list. 5) Bard 6) Aceves 7) Buchholz 8) Lester - although was he part of the problem?
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]  I SAY YOUR 1ST 6 SHOULD REMAIN......  THE REST OF THAT ROSTER NEEDS TO BE PART OF A CREATIVE BARN SALE !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ALSO,   LARVANWAY SHOUD STAY......  I SEE SOME CARLTON FISK IN THAT BOY !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM" :   I SAY YOUR 1ST 6 SHOULD REMAIN......  THE REST OF THAT ROSTER NEEDS TO BE PART OF A CREATIVE BARN SALE !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

So you want to dump Buchholz? Did you forget that he is the youngest starter we got and was probably influenced by the vet starters who decided to revolt against ownership for making them play 2 games before the hurricane hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM" : So you want to dump Buchholz? Did you forget that he is the youngest starter we got and was probably influenced by the vet starters who decided to revolt against ownership for making them play 2 games before the hurricane hit.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE] CAN HE BE RE-PROGRAMED ??  IF NOT, HE MUST GO !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Bill! I was on this idea last week, but I think you have the voice and the drive to see it through, CONTINUE SOLDIER!!!!

Occupy Boston/Fenway

posted at 10/6/2011 5:33 AM EDT

First: 6/25/2009
    Last: 10/12/2011
     Discontented Sox fans can show their disatisfaction with excessive spending, broken promises, and ownership aloofness by occupying the Fens.
     Specifically, John Lackey $$$ contract, CC $$$ contract, "We won't rest", which was a broken promise, and JH sailing off into the sunset to watch his GD soccer team, hey Henry, the score of the game is 1-0, as all football matches are, borrrring, no need to watch. Too bad he slipped on some Karma.
     RSN doesn't desrve this, and until they speak in unison, nothing will change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Bill! I was on this idea last week, but I think you have the voice and the drive to see it through, CONTINUE SOLDIER!!!! Occupy Boston/Fenway posted at 10/6/2011 5:33 AM EDT   YOUKILLUS20 Posts: 2230 First: 6/25/2009 Last: 10/12/2011  Discontented Sox fans can show their disatisfaction with excessive spending, broken promises, and ownership aloofness by occupying the Fens.  Specifically, John Lackey $$$ contract, CC $$$ contract, "We won't rest", which was a broken promise, and JH sailing off into the sunset to watch his GD soccer team, hey Henry, the score of the game is 1-0, as all football matches are, borrrring, no need to watch. Too bad he slipped on some Karma.  RSN doesn't desrve this, and until they speak in unison, nothing will change.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Funny how the second guessers come out now...saying Lackey and Crawford are bad signings...seems to me that most Sox fans, including myself, were excited when both of these guys were signed...seems to me that they are the ones who have not held their part of the bargain so far.

I still believe Crawford will turn it around, if Theo doesn't try to take him to Chicago...but Lackey is proving the pressure of playing in Boston is too much for him, so he probably needs to go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I think Paps needed to be added to the list if not going to break the bank. I also think if a creative package ever came up for Gonzo, you might consider pulling the plug. He had a nice year, but when it mattered most against the top teams, he was non-existant.

But I believe Beckett should be shopped. I think Lester can be saved with Buch. Maybe packaging Lackey with Beckett would draw interest.

I think it is time for Wake and Tek as well. Tek not asserting his C in the dugout is shameful.

Yes, give LAVARNWAY a shot. Salty is not the answer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

IMO the best solution is NOT to occupy Fenway Park, but instead just not enter it.

I do understand that by "occupy" your not saying to pay your way in, but I have to ask how do you actually get in?     I suppose a giant demonstration at some point around the park would get some attention, BUT !!!! IMO:  

The best way to get the attention of ownership is by breaking that string of sold out Fenway Park games.   Even if it's just one day let them look at a few thousand empty seats......... Maybe target a game in the first home series in 2012.

I am in no way suggesting that we be disloyal to our team. I am only suggesting this is the best way to let the players, new players, new manager, hopefully new GM, and owners know what we expect from them.  

For my part what I expect is not necessary a WS win....... It's a 100% effort from everyone associated with the team........ A winning attitude, professionalism, and the very idea that winning the Wild Card and not the Division is at all acceptable.
     Is it really that much of a sacrifice for even the most dedicated Sox fan to miss ONE game if it helps toward that goal??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM" : Funny how the second guessers come out now...saying Lackey and Crawford are bad signings...seems to me that most Sox fans, including myself, were excited when both of these guys were signed...seems to me that they are the ones who have not held their part of the bargain so far. I still believe Crawford will turn it around, if Theo doesn't try to take him to Chicago...but Lackey is proving the pressure of playing in Boston is too much for him, so he probably needs to go.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

As for second guessing, FTR, I wasn't that worked up over Lackey, but Crawford?
    Said from the beginning that Werth was the FA OF to get. Werth didn't have a great year, but finished strong and played great D all year,plus he can hit the cut-off man and reach the plate. Hunter Pence was available for a couple of Sausage Grinders and three Fenway Franks, so that was another mis-step.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RED SOX NATION, RISE UP AND REVOLT.... OCCUPY FENWAY PAAAK & "TRANSFORM" :  As for second guessing, FTR, I wasn't that worked up over Lackey, but Crawford? Said from the beginning that Werth was the FA OF to get. Werth didn't have a great year, but finished strong and played great D all year,plus he can hit the cut-off man and reach the plate. Hunter Pence was available for a couple of Sausage Grinders and three Fenway Franks, so that was another mis-step.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]  GOOD POST YOUK.......  THE NEXT  G M WILL NEED TO BE VERY,VERY CREATIVE AS HE/SHE WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR.......   BTW, SORRY "YOUK" BUT I DON'T SEE YOU HERE NEXT YEAR !!Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsawxNATEion. Show redsawxNATEion's posts

Re: OCCUPY FENWAY CALL TO ARMS

Here, here!  I said this two weeks ago from California but seriously hope
    some purist pranksters out there beat on John Henry and Lucchino's castle doors!Money mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouth

Trashing of Tito through NY Times/Globe propoganda wing disgusting.

Theo is next!

These weasels are making the Steinbrenners look like The O'Malleys...
    Money mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouthMoney mouth

Sections
Shortcuts