Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Re: Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring

Hip- Hip Jorge, Hip-Hip Jorge. You don't see too many players today stay with one team. I was almost positive Pujols was going to be a Cardinal for life. I don't like Posada as much as Rivera or Bernie Williams or Jeter but I have to give the guy his due.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The guy certainly could hit. His defense was weak earlier, but he steadily improved in that area.

He really looked bad most of last season. I think he stayed in the game one, maybe two years too long.

I am not sure he deserved being an All Star catcher 5 times, but as we know it's a popularity contest, and realy there wasn't a whole lot of competition as we have been in a weak era for catchers, Bengie Molina wasn't the hitter that Jorge was and Ivan Rodriquez seemed to age fast after we hit the 2000's.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring:
    [QUOTE]ESPN Jorge Posada & David Ortiz - YouTube
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

very cute

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gracers1225. Show Gracers1225's posts

Red Sox Nation might tip their hat to a Yankee but I won't. He did a lot for the Yankees during his career and I can't take that away from him.  As a person off the field he was a geniune man but he is still a Yankee.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxwho. Show redsoxwho's posts

Posada, retiring at the right time = CLASS Varitek, Wakefield hanging around too long = not CLASS Thanks, Jorge. Wish you could have played on our team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox Nation might tip their hat to a Yankee but I won't. He did a lot for the Yankees during his career and I can't take that away from him.  As a person off the field he was a geniune man but he is still a Yankee.....
    Posted by Gracers1225[/QUOTE]

Hey man. It looks like to me you just did tip your cap! I won't hold that against you. I tip my cap as well.
                                              Go REDSOX!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Salute to a talented opponent and good man.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Nice post, 2004idiots...I remember meeting him after seeing a AA game in Albany, and was pleased with what a down-to-earth and gracious guy he was...He gave me three separate autographs, and talked freely for ten minutes about his life and career...A class act, for sure....

“Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.”

-          “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) – 1930 (U.S.))

“You see, until a few weeks ago, it seemed as if Wall Street had effectively bribed and bullied our political system into forgetting about that whole drawing lavish paychecks while destroying the world economy thing. Then, all of a sudden, some people insisted on bringing the subject up again. And their (Occupy Wall Street) outrage has found resonance with millions of Americans. No wonder Wall Street is whining.”

-          Paul Krugman, Princeton economist, N.Y. Times column, 10/16/11

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gracers1225. Show Gracers1225's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring : Hey man. It looks like to me you just did tip your cap! I won't hold that against you. I tip my cap as well.                                           Go REDSOX!
    Posted by Karlosantonylimtiaco[/QUOTE]
    Damn......I guess I did......LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

RedSoxWho also writes in Haiku?

Just like his buddy named PinStripeZac

Let's try it out someday soon on BDC

We will call it Haiku Day

pitching change

a butterfly follows a wave

through the upper deck

hangovers in suits  
    umpireS
    climb onto the team bus

summer morning

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

A class act, always was

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

With Posada retiring, that leaves Kevin Youkillis as the only remaining MLB player who truly believes they have never actually taken a strike. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Posada, retiring at the right time = CLASS Varitek, Wakefield hanging around too long = not CLASS Thanks, Jorge. Wish you could have played on our team.
    Posted by redsoxwho[/QUOTE]

Softy alert

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

To quote the late great Bob Sheapard......................."Now batting.......numbah twenty........... hawhay Posada................catcha..................numbah twenty."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Too bad Jason Varitek does not have this kind of class. Posada was an outstanding all-around catcher talent for many years of title baseball. Varitek is the most overrated catcher in baseball history!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]Too bad Jason Varitek does not have this kind of class. Posada was an outstanding all-around catcher talent for many years of title baseball. Varitek is the most overrated catcher in baseball history!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19624231&c_id=mlb

It's a video of the oldest combined batter/pitcher home run, 85 years!
     Posada nails Wakefield.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring : http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19624231&c_id=mlb  It's a video of the oldest combined batter/pitcher home run, 85 years!  Posada nails Wakefield.
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? What about Wilhelm, Niekro, Ryan, Randy Johnson, Wells, or Satchel Paige?

Better yet, WJ vs Babe Ruth, 1941 Exhibition. Combined Age, 101.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring : Are you sure about that? What about Wilhelm, Niekro, Ryan, Randy Johnson, Wells, or Satchel Paige? Better yet, WJ vs Babe Ruth, 1941 Exhibition. Combined Age, 101.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
     I have no idea. It was fitting video as Hank was blasting ex Sox catcher Varitek as being too old, and Posada was taking Wake deep.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Maybe later.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]Too bad Jason Varitek does not have this kind of class. Posada was an outstanding all-around catcher talent for many years of title baseball. Varitek is the most overrated catcher in baseball history!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Oh, the irony.  A (welcome) post on a Red Sox chat list extolling the (many) virtues of a Yankee stalwart and, hopefully, encouraging Sox fans to acknowledge the career of a very good player and a great person.  I tip my cap to Posada and the OP.

And then there is the bitter, twisted, agenda-driven, attention-seeking Mr. Hanky banging on about another's alleged lack of class.  Charming.

Sections
Shortcuts