Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring

For the record, Tek was a better game caller and handler

Completely meaningless, without any objective measure of proveable accurary.

So far so good, the other old man loser who has to be kicked to curb has just seen Cook added to starting pitching depth chart in the spring. Another veteran under 40 one year contract starter or two and Wastefield will be officially kicked to the curb. One poster on here wants a million or two spent to reserve an active roster spot for the 45 year old beer gut bum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I'm surprised at Yankees not offering him any kind of coaching position with the organization.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring:
    [QUOTE]I'm surprised at Yankees not offering him any kind of coaching position with the organization.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

He just retired, give it some time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure about HOF, but Posada did have impact.  Saw him play the Jays at the SkyDome (now the Rogers Centre) in TO and he had several flubs, one passed ball, but we all have bad days.  Saw him several times in the Bronx and he was certainly better at home than on the road. For the record, Tek was a better game caller and handler, IMO, though Posada could certainly hit better than Tek.   More to the point, as others are saying, the Core of Four is down to Two. The only sure HOFers from that group are still playing, though uknown how long, IMO, and it is certain that they will go in the HOF on their first ballots.  No criticism implied, just sayin'.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE] 16 years!!...it's funny to think about them having once been  the "kids"..when we dicuss our farm systems...:-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring : He just retired, give it some time.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Come on.. Tek's not even retired yet but some of us said they will take Tek as a coach next season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Tips Their Cap To Jorge Posada -retiring : Come on.. Tek's not even retired yet but some of us said they will take Tek as a coach next season.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

I expect to see Jorge in spring training working with young players but I assume you're asking me if Jorge would be or will be hired on as a Yankee coach which I'd have no problem with, furthermore I believe he'd make a very good coach.

But putting things into perspective like I already posted he just retired yesterday, is there currently a coaching position open on the Yankee staff? No. Has Jorge been offered a position as a coach by the Yankees? No.

I sincerely doubt that Tony Pena's job is in jeopardy because of Jorge's retirement annoucement.