Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming

Hmmm....I'd say long term deals to the WRONG types of players is what hurts. How do you think that Roy Halliday trade's working out for the Phil's? He's the man Theo SHOULD have gone for. He would have been the perfect mentor for our young pitchers and been a true blue #1 guy. But, alas,  Theo was off chasing sabermetric rainbows ...

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming:
    [QUOTE]   BTW,  LONG TERM BIG $$$$$ CONTRACTS TO PITCHERS WILL KILL YOU EVERY TIME !!!   LOOK AT OTHER TEAMS TOO !!  YANK$,  WHAT HAS CC REALLY DONE FOR THEM & THE $$$$$ HE GOT, NOW ON THE MOVE AGAIN !!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spartacus2011. Show Spartacus2011's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm....I'd say long term deals to the WRONG types of players is what hurts. How do you think that Roy Halliday trade's working out for the Phil's? He's the man Theo SHOULD have gone for. He would have been the perfect mentor for our young pitchers and been a true blue #1 guy. But, alas,  Theo was off chasing sabermetric rainbows ... In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming :
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

How many times did Law say that Theo botched the Halladay deal?

Too many.

Vindicated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm....I'd say long term deals to the WRONG types of players is what hurts. How do you think that Roy Halliday trade's working out for the Phil's? He's the man Theo SHOULD have gone for. He would have been the perfect mentor for our young pitchers and been a true blue #1 guy. But, alas,  Theo was off chasing sabermetric rainbows ... In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming :
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

Why the spooky avatar?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming : Over on the other site I've been screaming about this punk Blunder being a fraud for half a decade. It truly is a glorious day for Sox fans. And it's great to see people finally getting it about how incompetent the guy really is. It's going to take a long time to undo the damage he's done.
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]

Greenapples----you  ever get a chance come over and also post on Sawxheads.  You will find some friendly company there and most on that board have been saying the same thing you just posted for the last four years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming : Greenapples----you  ever get a chance come over and also post on Sawxheads.  You will find some friendly company there and most on that board have been saying the same thing you just posted for the last four years.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

I'll pay the cab fare for both of you to go over there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming : Greenapples----you  ever get a chance come over and also post on Sawxheads.  You will find some friendly company there and most on that board have been saying the same thing you just posted for the last four years.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

Law2005 was here saying the things about Theo Epstein in 2005 that all of us now know to be fact in 2011.  It's amazing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

"Theo was off chasing sabermetrics rainbows..."

Where? On Theo's 2012 bridge to Chicago?

*laughing*

Teakus freaking rules!!!! Always has.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

theo' signings were pretty bad the past few years but overall i was happy with him....i wish him and francona well wherever they end up but i am excited about a new regime./direction

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]theo' signings were pretty bad the past few years but overall i was happy with him....i wish him and francona well wherever they end up but i am excited about a new regime./direction
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, people who do "pretty bad" on a test don't get an A.

Why did Theo Epstein get straight A's all these years as Red Sox GM when everyone with a brain knew the guy was a failure?

The answer to that question played out on the baseball field from 2008-2011.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming :   OK YOUNG MAN, I WILL GIVE YOU THAT.....  REALLY, THERE IS ENOUGH BLAME TO GO AROUND FOR ALL.....  1/TITO TOOK HIS ALREADY (LOST THE TEAM)  2/ SOME/TO MANY BAD/WRONG SIDE OF FREE AGENTS.  3/ AN OWNERSHIP WITH A STRONG SPIN/HOLLYWOOD AGENDA.   4/ FINALLY, OVER PAID F A's THAT COULD NOT DELIVER ON PAST YEARS.........  IF ANYTHING, I THINK THAT THE SOX (AFTER THEY CLEAN UP THIS MESS) WILL GET AWAY FROM FREE AGENCY AND STAY IN THE SYSTEM & OLD FASIONED TRADES......  TIME WILL TELL !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Gratzi amigo for the kind words. I can't help but wonder if, now that the Nation has realized that Law was right about much of what he's said in the past, perhaps he'll be allowed a voice in this forum once again...officially? Assuming he tones down the harsh rhetoric of course... :p

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming : "Theo was off chasing sabermetrics rainbows..." Where? On Theo's 2012 bridge to Chicago? *laughing* Teakus freaking rules!!!! Always has.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]Gratzi amigo for the kind words. I can't help but wonder if, now that the Nation has realized that Law was right about much of what he's said in the past, perhaps he'll be allowed a voice in this forum once again...officially? Assuming he tones down the harsh rhetoric of course... :p In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming :
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

Oh I doubt it.
    Admitting the truth is a journey of ten thousand steps. This forum hasn't even gotten the first 12 done.

Its the greatness of Teakus that makes this forum readable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Long Live the Teakus!
    Go Sox

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming : Last time I checked, people who do "pretty bad" on a test don't get an A. Why did Theo Epstein get straight A's all these years as Red Sox GM when everyone with a brain knew the guy was a failure? The answer to that question played out on the baseball field from 2008-2011.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming : How convenient...only judge Theo from 2008-2011...not from 2003-2007...classic
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

Why not? 2008-2011 represent the golden era of Theo Epstein.
    Epstein had full control over the Sox player personnel decisions after quitting in protest and wearing a gorilla suit because Lucchino called the shots from behind the scenes (see Red Sox 2003-2007)

Classic? The truth never goes out of style.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming : LMFAO
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

Laughter?

Burning your pink Theo Epstein t-shirt is a much more appropriate reaction to the truth.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"P.S. Didn't Law tell all of you this was Theo's doing year in and year out?"

Law was a front-running troll and a moron. Reading his posts you would have thought the team finished in last place throughout the decade rather than compiling two rings during the decade. This idea of people "waking up" is embarassing as it implies that you think they are like sheep, a herd that cannot stand by their own positions. Any reasonable person understands that blame for a bad season falls on all parties. I have always had criticisms of Theo and I have more these days only because Lackey and Crawford are looking like two of his worst signings to date. 

If Theo had brought us no rings Law would be right. But he brought us two and Law has never acknowledged it which turns him from credible critic into trolldung.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

According to Tony Mazzarotti, Law was 100% correct says the Boston Globe.

"In the end, without question, Epstein had a hand in two world championships during his time in Boston. But it was only a hand. Duquette left him Ramirez and Pedro Martinez, among others. Bill Lajoie acquired him Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell" - Mazz.

Rut roh Astro.

It's like Teakus said. Law called Theo out years ago and was 100% correct. The rest of you Theo Chicks were "spanking" something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

[QUOTE]According to Tony Mazzarotti, Law was 100% correct says the Boston Globe. "In the end, without question, Epstein had a hand in two world championships during his time in Boston. But it was only a hand. Duquette left him Ramirez and Pedro Martinez, among others. Bill Lajoie acquired him Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell" - Mazz. Rut roh Astro. It's like Teakus said. Law called Theo out years ago and was 100% correct. The rest of you Theo Chicks were "spanking" something.
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Turns Against Theo Epstein: A Long Time Coming :
    Posted by OurMan[/QUOTE]

Troll

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OurMan. Show OurMan's posts

Isn't it funny that all the Red Sox fans who criticized Theo for years are vindicated and the Theo Chicks are crying "troll troll"...?

Haha.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

The Boy Blunder ran this team into the ground. And by ground I mean 2 World Series Rings. Watch as the new GM leads the Sox to countless WS titles. And by countless I mean none. 

The best part about Sox faux fans like this poser OURMAN is that he wasn't posting get rid of Theo posts after the 2004 season. I bet he was posting crap like "how can this jerk trade Nomar?!?" Until they won then he started looking for his bandwagon. What a baby. What a traitor. Spineless. Ok insert "Pink Hat" and "Theo Lover" jokes here but making claims that he ran this team into the ground makes you look stupid.