Red Sox Nation wishes Heidi Watney a speedy recovery!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Red Sox Nation wishes Heidi Watney a speedy recovery!

In Response to Red Sox Nation wishes Heidi Watney a speedy recovery!:
    [QUOTE]by Nick Cafardo/Boston Globe: "Speedy recovery to Heidi Watney, the former NESN reporter, who broke her collarbone playing Ultimate Frisbee."
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]  AS DAD WOULD SAY......... "SON, IF YOU HAVE HAD TOO MUCH TO DRINK, EVEN FRISBEE CAN BE TOUGH TO PLAY" !!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The airbags didn't prevent injury in this case I assume.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

imagine that. broke her collarbone but made a bungie jump with no injuries. ultimate frizbie?

feel better soon Heidi babe.
    we miss you already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation wishes Heidi Watney a speedy recovery!:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was a back injury from having fun with professional athletes. Heidi has no talent as a journalist and was simply another woman selling a sex image.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Nice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

lightning…

i lose jeter’s pop-up

in a blaze of static

spring thaw

a pinecone rolls

to first base

hangovers in suits umpireS

climb onto the team bus

summer morning

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I thought it was a back injury from having fun with professional athletes. Heidi has no talent as a journalist and was simply another woman selling a sex image.

way ta keep it classy hank.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

did you ever meet her hank? I did. I met her at dana faber along with tim wakefield once when I went to give platelets. without a doubt, two of the nicest and classiest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. and like I've always said. opinions are just like "buttholes".....everybody's got one. I'm not going to tell you my opinion as far as what you said about her but I'm pretty sure the rest of the board is thinking the same thing.

du dit!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]by Nick Cafardo/Boston Globe: "Speedy recovery to Heidi Watney, the former NESN reporter, who broke her collarbone playing Ultimate Frisbee."
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Hope ya feel better Heidi, Ultimate Frisbee is a bone breaking festival, too dangerous, get better and call me, ill teach you some whitewater kayaking,
    its much safer ( ; god bless your speedy recovery!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Red Sox Nation wishes Heidi Watney a speedy recovery! : Hope ya feel better Heidi, Ultimate Frisbee is a bone breaking festival, too dangerous, get better and call me, ill teach you some whitewater kayaking, its much safer ( ; god bless your speedy recovery!
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

Have to done the White Water Derby in early May at North Creek, NY?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

met her at dana faber along with tim wakefield once when I went to give platelets. without a doubt, two of the nicest and classiest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting

So, you judge character based upon a public relations charity event that involves two characters who make their money in the entertainment business. You know, they put on makeup and smile and waive to the camera.

Watney was not hired for jouralistic talents, she was hired to sell the young female sex image to an audience. I don't have a problem with a business doing it, but I don't like the propaganda media who claim that sex image was not involved when hiring "a beautiful intelligent young woman" PC nonsense.

I respect your right to express your opinion on character, and I am sure you respect mine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

You sir, should have your mouth washed out with soap.  And my Granny, if she were still with us, would be just the gal to do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation wishes Heidi Watney a speedy recovery! : You sir, should have your mouth washed out with soap.  And my Granny, if she were still with us, would be just the gal to do it.
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

When he gets going on women and sex, it is straight Dexter serial killer.  Creepy stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

When the media gets gong on women and sex, it is straight 1984. Creepy stuff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation wishes Heidi Watney a speedy recovery! : Have to done the White Water Derby in early May at North Creek, NY?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Im from Maine, Ive run tons of 3,4, and a bit of class 5= have you run magic falls on the kennebec, exterminator on the penobscot or upper gordon falls on the mattawamkeag? Those are my more notable....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE] met her at dana faber along with tim wakefield once when I went to give platelets. without a doubt, two of the nicest and classiest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting So, you judge character based upon a public relations charity event that involves two characters who make their money in the entertainment business. You know, they put on makeup and smile and waive to the camera. Watney was not hired for jouralistic talents, she was hired to sell the young female sex image to an audience. I don't have a problem with a business doing it, but I don't like the propaganda media who claim that sex image was not involved when hiring "a beautiful intelligent young woman" PC nonsense. I respect your right to express your opinion on character, and I am sure you respect mine.

And you judge Heidi Watney based on your opinion of why she was hired, rather than on her own merits. She is not to blame what you say are the reasons she may have been hired. She is not simply a bimbo who walked in off the street and got the job because she was the best looking applicant. She already had experience in sports hosting prior to be hired by NESN. She was a qualified applicant and got the job. You know nothing of her character and your opinion is based on nothing. It is you who personally attacked her character with no basis in fact. You should stop reading the gossip columns.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rotorhead. Show Rotorhead's posts

And what was her resume, does anybody know?

Wikipedia says:

Prior to joining NESN, Watney was a weekend sports anchor for KMPH in Fresno, California.[1] She was also a sports talk radio host for 1430 ESPN Radio KFIG Fresno.

Not bad but not exactly wowing anyone either, does she have a communications degree?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Get well soon, Heidi.

Loved frisbee in my day.  But that was so long ago, we actually threw flat rocks....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]
    wow, too bad. I will miss Heidi on NESN

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

What is a sport's host anyways? I hate the break aways, the information given could easily have been provided by the guys in the booth. Just another pretty face.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

She is not simply a bimbo who walked in off the street and got the job because she was the best looking applicant. She already had experience in sports hosting

She is unsimply what you just admitted she is. My comments are based upon the undisputable fact that these young women are not hired based upon qualifications, evident de facto from the age and physical pofiles of all these "sports hosts" female hires. I don't have a problem with women and companies who profit off selling their image as a sexual object, but I disdain drones like you who will go to your grave as a PC drone who has never had an original unfiltered thought in your life!

As for her character, gossip pages have nothing to do with my opinion on her or any of the other group of young women who are being sold by the media for their sexual image. You are no more qualified to opine on her reputation than any other message board drone. Frankly, there are millions of unemployed de facto better qualified older women in various shapes and sizes that are not allowed to work in the facist media that controlls your feeble mind. 

I wish Heidi Watney the media sold image a speedy recovery from a media press release about a broken bone. I wish the media would reject the Heidi Watneys and hire the best qualified persson for the job, regardless of age or sexual appeal to the largest segment of the sports mass media market. But I do not favor federal laws that force private media companies to do so.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No doubt, if she were some yucky chick this thread would NEVER have been started - the thread bearer actually may be a sexist.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt, if she were some yucky chick this thread would NEVER have been started - the thread bearer actually may be a sexist.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

The thread bearer may be a lot of things, but what I know is that 2004 Idiots starts a lot of threads, often little copy-and-pastes like this.  The original post consisted of a copy-and-paste sentence and a get well card.  Hank is the one who seized the opportunity to turn it into a rambling screed of moralistic rhetoric that we've already heard countless times from him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

yep and that is why hank still makes a good point - nobody cares about her if she is not hot. let us not deny that.  I am sure some popcorn or ice cream vendors have had injuries this winter but we won't hear about that... Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]yep and that is why hank still makes a good point - nobody cares about her if she is not hot. let us not deny that.  I am sure some popcorn or ice cream vendors have had injuries this winter but we won't hear about that... 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

If Orsillo or Remy broke their collarbone I think we'd hear about it.  They are not hot.