Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck! Go Patriots!!!!!!

In Response to Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck! Go Patriots!!!!!!:
    Let's Get To The Super Bowl! Make 2012 a memorable year!\ Patriot win Super Bowl and Bobby V leads the Sox to a World Series championship!
    Posted by 2004Idiots

I'd settle for 1 of those happening.  I'm pulling for a Pats/49'ers matchup.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck! Go Patriots!!!!!!:
    JB, wouldn't you like some revenge and beat the Giants?
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Steven Tyler and Nicholas Cage on a promo, all we need is Wake for the coin toss, what is this, has-been day?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Pats held up there prt of the bargain - let's see if the GIants can do the same. NE Pat fans - send that kicker a bouquet of flowers and bottle of gatorade. He choked big time and I called it with a $100 bet right before the snap.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Definately a case of devine intervention.  Love it.  I'm also hoping for a Giants win.  Living in Northern NY....last time sucked...would like to give a little back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

What a great game.....Talk about a fight to the finish

Congratulations to the AFC Champions New England Patriots

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck! Go Patriots!!!!!!:
    Posted by 2004Idiots

I would, but I'd like to win even more.  Giants pass rush scares the hell out of me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

What a great game.....Talk about a fight to the finish Congratulations to the AFC Champions New England Patriots GO GIANTS!!!!!!!
    Posted by J-BAY

Do you reside in the middle of the Connecticutt border line between Red Sox and Yankee territory like Andrewmitch and Pinstripezac do.? You seem to have a problem with your fandom identity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!!

Isn't "I s*cked" refreshing?  He did (in relative terms)!  And while it wasn't shocking to hear him say it because he's that sort of guy......it's so rare to hear.  Just when I couldn't respect any more......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!!

I wanted overtime. Hated to see a scapegoat identified for missing a field goal. Poor guy has to live with that for the rest of his life. The Baltimore trolls will never let him off the hook.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we were more lucky than good today....but i will take it...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Posted by 2004Idiots

Looks like w'll get that chance for revenge.  I can't believe Kyle Williams single handedly cost the 49'ers the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You just got to love this NE/Boston vs Tri-State/NY stuff.

This should be a great Super Bowl. I am feeling bad because all the bookies out there who took bets after the Giants lost to the Skins and the odds of them winning the Super Bowl jumped to 100 - 1. All the wise guys in the area all dropped a dime on the Giants. If the GIants win, those bookies will be out of business. Too funny.

Great game to come.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!!:
    You just got to love this NE/Boston vs Tri-State/NY stuff. This should be a great Super Bowl. ... Great game to come.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I'm certainly looking forward to it.  Seems like the Pats started focusing the offense on beating the Giants front 3, I mean look at the line depth they've drafted and the personnel they've been using since then.  Lots of 6 or 7 linemen sets, plus the Boston TE Party.  Hopefully Gronk's ankle is good to go for the big game in 2 weeks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!!:
    In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!! : I'm certainly looking forward to it.  Seems like the Pats started focusing the offense on beating the Giants front 3, I mean look at the line depth they've drafted and the personnel they've been using since then.  Lots of 6 or 7 linemen sets, plus the Boston TE Party.  Hopefully Gronk's ankle is good to go for the big game in 2 weeks.
    Posted by JB-3

It is definitely a pick-em game in my eyes. Brady's 3 step drop and no huddle offense should help but the Giants have the truest front four pass rush in football. However, I think Brady can exploit the middle of the field with his T.E.'s.

Also, I like the way the Pats defense has gotten healthy at the right time and playing a more cohesive game. But Manning is one QB who can grind right through it. And I don't think the Pat's front four makes any pig push on the Giants O-line like the 49e's did. If Manning has time, he will riddle the Pat's secondary and they will go after Edelman.

I think both teams need to establish the run. Not saying they need to run for 200 yards (either team), but the need to be able to sell the play action.

Early line is 3 1/2 - Pats favored. IMO, Too big of a spread. This is a 3 point game with the over/under at 56. I think if I make a bet, it will be today - Giants and the over. I think the heavy betting will be on the Giants right now and the spread will drop to 2 1/2.

Both teams got lucky yesterday. I don't know what the 49er punt returner was thinking and the Ravens shouldn't have even needed to kick a FG to tie. Flacco put the ball in his receiver's belly in the end zone to win and he let the DB strip it out.

Prediction 31 - 28 Giants, but I reserve the right to change this before weeks end. Now do I have the cajones to drop a dime on the Giants?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!! : It is definitely a pick-em game in my eyes. Brady's 3 step drop and no huddle offense should help but the Giants have the truest front four pass rush in football. However, I think Brady can exploit the middle of the field with his T.E.'s. Also, I like the way the Pats defense has gotten healthy at the right time and playing a more cohesive game. But Manning is one QB who can grind right through it. And I don't think the Pat's front four makes any pig push on the Giants O-line like the 49e's did. If Manning has time, he will riddle the Pat's secondary and they will go after Edelman. I think both teams need to establish the run. Not saying they need to run for 200 yards (either team), but the need to be able to sell the play action. Early line is 3 1/2 - Pats favored. IMO, Too big of a spread. This is a 3 point game with the over/under at 56. I think if I make a bet, it will be today - Giants and the over. I think the heavy betting will be on the Giants right now and the spread will drop to 2 1/2. Both teams got lucky yesterday. I don't know what the 49er punt returner was thinking and the Ravens shouldn't have even needed to kick a FG to tie. Flacco put the ball in his receiver's belly in the end zone to win and he let the DB strip it out. Prediction 31 - 28 Giants, but I reserve the right to change this before weeks end. Now do I have the cajones to drop a dime on the Giants?
    Posted by jesseyeric

Great analysis Jessey.  The one thing that could seriously impact this game is how Gronk heals though after rolling his ankle yesterday.  I'm looking forward to the injury / participation reports.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!! : It is definitely a pick-em game in my eyes. Brady's 3 step drop and no huddle offense should help but the Giants have the truest front four pass rush in football. However, I think Brady can exploit the middle of the field with his T.E.'s. Also, I like the way the Pats defense has gotten healthy at the right time and playing a more cohesive game. But Manning is one QB who can grind right through it. And I don't think the Pat's front four makes any pig push on the Giants O-line like the 49e's did. If Manning has time, he will riddle the Pat's secondary and they will go after Edelman. I think both teams need to establish the run. Not saying they need to run for 200 yards (either team), but the need to be able to sell the play action. Early line is 3 1/2 - Pats favored. IMO, Too big of a spread. This is a 3 point game with the over/under at 56. I think if I make a bet, it will be today - Giants and the over. I think the heavy betting will be on the Giants right now and the spread will drop to 2 1/2. Both teams got lucky yesterday. I don't know what the 49er punt returner was thinking and the Ravens shouldn't have even needed to kick a FG to tie. Flacco put the ball in his receiver's belly in the end zone to win and he let the DB strip it out. Prediction 31 - 28 Giants, but I reserve the right to change this before weeks end. Now do I have the cajones to drop a dime on the Giants?
    Posted by jesseyeric

Giants fan here. I like our chances a lot better this time than in 2007.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!! : Great analysis Jessey.  The one thing that could seriously impact this game is how Gronk heals though after rolling his ankle yesterday.  I'm looking forward to the injury / participation reports.
    Posted by JB-3

Very true - a Gronk at only 80% changes the game somewhat. The other injury to look for is the Giants O-center.

I am interested to see how the Pats attack the Giants Offensive Line. 49er's were getting through and beating the cr*ap out of Eli. But when the blitzed, they got hurt. Pats d-rush, I believe relies heavily on the blitz. Pats need a rush with only their front 3 and 4.

The last thing is do the Pats use the hurry-up. Giants took them during the season in a close game. I am sure BB will have some new twists in their. I look forward to it.

Now someone tell me how the NY/Tri-State - Boston/NE rivalry isn't fun?

I am tempted to go to the Pats forum - it is probably insane there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

My biggest concern is: Can the Pat's secondary cover Cruz , Nicks and company ? Will need to get a lot of pressure on Manning , or he could pick them apart.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

My biggest concern is: Can the Pat's secondary cover Cruz , Nicks and company ? Will need to get a lot of pressure on Manning , or he could pick them apart.
    Posted by dgalehouse

That is the million $ question. Can the Pats generate a strong pass rush. Eli got slammed to the ground 20 x yesterday and still thorugh 300 + yards with zero picks and two TDs. He is a grinder. I go back to the injury reports - what happens with the Giants O-center. If they have to use the back-up, Wilfork can put pressure up the middle. And that will hurt the Giants a lot.

I see on the Pats forum, they are going hog wild there. FTR - the Ravens all-around D is one of the best in football, but the one thing they don't have and which any team that wants to beat Brady needs is a frontline pass rush with minimal blitzing. And the Ravens, like the Jets, need blitz packages. The Giants front four can do it all on their own. And that can be a big problem.

This game may wind up being better that 2007.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Nation Wishes Patriots Best Of Luck in Super Bowl! Congratulations!! Go Patriots!!!!!! : Very true - a Gronk at only 80% changes the game somewhat. The other injury to look for is the Giants O-center. I am interested to see how the Pats attack the Giants Offensive Line. 49er's were getting through and beating the cr*ap out of Eli. But when the blitzed, they got hurt. Pats d-rush, I believe relies heavily on the blitz. Pats need a rush with only their front 3 and 4. The last thing is do the Pats use the hurry-up. Giants took them during the season in a close game. I am sure BB will have some new twists in their. I look forward to it. Now someone tell me how the NY/Tri-State - Boston/NE rivalry isn't fun? I am tempted to go to the Pats forum - it is probably insane there.
    Posted by jesseyeric
    should be a good one..G-Men and Pats, though Brady probably goes downfield with more accuracy/effiency than Eli both teams/QB's do a great job at secondary passing..they use the under to good effect..along with the running game Brady does a good job at getting the ball to Green-Ellis and Gronk in the passing game as does Eli with Jacobs and Pascoe...a well rounded game(O', D' & special teams) will be important for both teams to win this game..with that in mind...imo..Pats win rematch 28-23

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Posted by dgalehouse

For sure.  Nicks didn't even play when the Giants beat the Pats in Foxboro earlier this season.  On the bright side, the Giants only got 2 sacks in that game and I can't see the Pats turning the ball over 4 times again.

Sections
Shortcuts