Red Sox need to make a mistake and fans need to calm down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

Red Sox need not to make a mistake and fans need to calm down

Good teams are built from the farm system. Just relax and let these kids develop. Trading Xander and/or Betts would be long term mistake the Red Sox would regret. Also, as I posted last week end this kid Joe Kelly has good stuff and is a gamer. You seeing it tonight.

With De La Rosa, Kelly, Cespedes, Xander and Betts there is hope. We just need to add a veteran SP and move Betts to CF and we will be fine.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Red Sox need to make a mistake and fans need to calm down

In response to therazcreation's comment:

Good teams are built from the farm system. Just relax and let these kids develop. Trading Xander and/or Betts would be long term mistake the Red Sox would regret. Also, as I posted last week end this kid Joe Kelly has good stuff and is a gamer. You seeing it tonight.

With De La Rosa, Kelly, Cespedes, Xander and Betts there is hope. We just need to add a veteran SP and move Betts to CF and we will be fine.

LOL.......     & ADD VETERAN PITCHING......L.    O.        L

calm down fans......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Lackey?

Lester?

Ring a bell?    ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Come on now.......

The irony is RICH......     ;)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Two very adequate starting pitchers would be "Big Game James" and Cole Hamels to go with RDLR, Ranaudo and Joe Kelly.

We also need not look too far south of AA and AAA for pitchers that can help get us what we need.

It seems like this mornings mailbox has some good threads ready for commentary today. I read with some interest that BenC's team may not have read Craig's Medical File closely enough. I might say they knew what they were reading and they knew what they wanted to read. They saw a chance to get an extremely capable clutch hitter and a fine young starter who had been on the DL. They knew what was there and they knew what they wanted to read and they knew they wanted Graig and Kelly.

I don't know if Craig and Xander have talked much but if they have I like what he might have told him about hitting in the clutch 101. About situational hitting; it's one thing to hear it from a coach it's another thing hearing it from someone that's young and has made a career of it.

Everything is coming together according to the plan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Two very adequate starting pitchers would be "Big Game James" and Cole Hamels to go with RDLR, Ranaudo and Joe Kelly.

We also need not look too far south of AA and AAA for pitchers that can help get us what we need.

It seems like this mornings mailbox has some good threads ready for commentary today. I read with some interest that BenC's team may not have read Craig's Medical File closely enough. I might say they knew what they were reading and they knew what they wanted to read. They saw a chance to get an extremely capable clutch hitter and a fine young starter who had been on the DL. They knew what was there and they knew what they wanted to read and they knew they wanted Graig and Kelly.

I don't know if Craig and Xander have talked much but if they have I like what he might have told him about hitting in the clutch 101. About situational hitting; it's one thing to hear it from a coach it's another thing hearing it from someone that's young and has made a career of it.

That bolded line bothers me so much.

1) "Adequate" as in, what Sox fans DESERVE? How entitled of you.

Or, perhaps it was,

2) "Adequate" as in "decent" starters? So, we're paying 22mil/year for adequate starters now?

Sox need to let this play out for 2015 before making any rash decisions. They took the hard step of unloading some popular players. They already DID the hardest part...now just let the pieces settle a little.

The one person I would make an exception for would be Stanton, and mostly because he's 24.

With how much I've been right this season, it's no wonder so many posters hate me. I recognized this team for what they were a long time ago...I think people are willing to NOW, FINALLY admit 2013 was the aberration. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

He also has the benefit of Papi, Mr. Clutch himself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

adequate pitching + great hitting will get you to the crapshoot

great pitching + adequate hitting will get you parades....

other names i have posted under:  none

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

mistake?  does Bard, Lar Anderson, etc ring a bell for you?  We all do not know how good they will be in the next five years.  If they do not improve within two years, their value will easily drop.  Marlins could suddenly say no to Boggie and Betts if Boston want Stanton.

You got to remember, sometime it may be best for Boston to trade talents for another good talents that can play position that are open to them.

But I still would keep Boggie and Betts for just one more year only!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

mistake?  does Bard, Lar Anderson, etc ring a bell for you?  We all do not know how good they will be in the next five years.  If they do not improve within two years, their value will easily drop.  Marlins could suddenly say no to Boggie and Betts if Boston want Stanton.

You got to remember, sometime it may be best for Boston to trade talents for another good talents that can play position that are open to them.

But I still would keep Boggie and Betts for just one more year only!!

Bard has good stuff and would have been a very good closer. The Red Sox messed him up.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts