Red Sox non-waiver deadline July 31st rumors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Red Sox non-waiver deadline July 31st rumors

Jon Morosi/FoxSports 

Matt Garza is scheduled to pitch Monday at Arizona. Cubs would prefer to deal him before then, sources tell us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jim Salisbury - CSN, Phillies Beat Writer

The Red Sox have a top scout peeking in on Phillies-Mets today. Yesterday, too. Michael Young possible Sox' target if Phillies sell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Rob Bradford/WEEI

It looks like Clay Buchholz will be making a visit to Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion on the shoulder/trap injury that just won’t go away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

As trade deadline looms, there could be an inner piece for Sox - Boston Herald, John Tomase http://bit.ly/13Oe3qy 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ken Rosenthal/FoxSports      

Both Tigers and RedSox scouting Brewers’ Francisco Rodriguez, who threw 93-94 mph on Friday night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Buster Olney/ESPN        

The Cubs have worked to draw competing offers into the Garza bidding, to create alternatives to Texas.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Buster Olney/ESPN        

The Cubs have worked to draw competing offers into the Garza bidding, to create alternatives to Texas.

Gordon Wittenmyer/ChicagoSunTimes        

Sveum says "100 percent" Garza pitching Monday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Phils used Papelbon in the 8th inning today while losing 5-0.  Showcase?  Also notable;  Matt Harvey easily out dueled Cliff Lee. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Nick Cafardo - Boston Globe, National Baseball Writer

Red Sox a little deeper in Matt Garza interest than they were said a major league source

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham - Boston Globe, Red Sox Beat Writer

RedSox RHP Andrew Bailey will undergo shoulder surgery on Wednesday. Out 12 months.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Pete Abraham - Boston Globe, Red Sox Beat Writer

RedSox RHP Andrew Bailey will undergo shoulder surgery on Wednesday. Out 12 months.

Jenny Dell - NESN, Red Sox Beat Reporter

Andrew Bailey will have season-ending surgery on torn labrum & shoulder capsule on Wednesday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Michael Giardi - Comcast SportsNet, Sportswriter

Buchholz will see Dr. Andrews tomorrow. Farrell says "he's extremely frustrated with it...get some clarification to put his mind at ease."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

CBSSports.com - News and Updates

K-Rod could be on his way to the Dodgers, Red Sox, or Tigers at the trading deadline. t.co/hU5jPpIRRR

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Alfredo Aceves----------he's not listed on the roster for the PawSox or the SeaDogs---I realize he cleared waivers early last week---did the Sox just cut him loose??? or did he choose FAgency--he still had a contract and was owed some money...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Alfredo Aceves----------he's not listed on the roster for the PawSox or the SeaDogs---I realize he cleared waivers early last week---did the Sox just cut him loose??? or did he choose FAgency--he still had a contract and was owed some money...

He's TIA....maybe a minor injury, Sox can be buying an extra day or two to decide where to put him, or possibly he's about to be traded.  Your guess is as good as mine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

He's TIA....maybe a minor injury, Sox can be buying an extra day or two to decide where to put him, or possibly he's about to be traded.  Your guess is as good as mine.

[/QUOTE]

All teams know we want to dump him. It makes me wonder if we played this card wrongly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All teams know we want to dump him. It makes me wonder if we played this card wrongly.

[/QUOTE]
    When your dealt a joker sometimes you make a mistake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

TO be honest I don't think the Red Sox really care.  I think they will use him sparringly, he's not part of their plans, and they will do whatever they can to keep him out of Boston.  

If he's not traded he's an up/down guy all year.  But either way traded or cut, I think he's no longer with the orginization come august 1st. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TO be honest I don't think the Red Sox really care.  I think they will use him sparringly, he's not part of their plans, and they will do whatever they can to keep him out of Boston.  

If he's not traded he's an up/down guy all year.  But either way traded or cut, I think he's no longer with the orginization come august 1st. 

I agree, but feel that maybe if we had been able to hide our disgust with him, we may have gotten something useful for him. 

I'm not fretting over this situation. Things like this happen. We will move on and hardly notice he's gone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree, but feel that maybe if we had been able to hide our disgust with him, we may have gotten something useful for him. 

I'm not fretting over this situation. Things like this happen. We will move on and hardly notice he's gone.

[/QUOTE]

we will get something for him, Im sure.  Now will it be a top prospect? not unless we have a guy on the otherside of the phone holding a gun to the opposing G.M.s head (which I speculated during the Nick Punto trade).  If someone wants to kick the tires with him I can see us getting a C B- prospect.   A kid far away in the low minors who has the tools to become a prospect or might be career minor leaguer. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

we will get something for him, Im sure.  Now will it be a top prospect? not unless we have a guy on the otherside of the phone holding a gun to the opposing G.M.s head (which I speculated during the Nick Punto trade).  If someone wants to kick the tires with him I can see us getting a C B- prospect.   A kid far away in the low minors who has the tools to become a prospect or might be career minor leaguer. 

[/QUOTE]

Aceves could be traded for one of those never made it 28yr old types they get in return for depth or even get lucky, like they did with Steven Wright for Anderson. Also, Maybe a rule -5 kid that cant be protected or the young prospect thats not on the radar. In other words, whatever you get back, if anything, is going to be one of those pick ups that you say "who?". so dont be surprised.

Gm's didnt even bite when we sent him through waivers.

The Sox used Workman and Webster to start instead of AA, and were going to use him out of the pen. Any bets to whether he was throwing another whiny hissy fit because of it. He claimed that his injury could keep him out all year. Basically, hes an idiot and other Gm's know this. His kind can disrupt and infect a clubhouse very quickly. If he makes it in this organization to the end of the year he will be non-tendered, if nobody wants him in a trade or he isnt already been given his outright release.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

What is the market for a 30-year-old malcontent with a 5.21 ERA and 83 ERA+ over his past 80 appearances who is owed just over $1 million the remainder of this year after clearing waivers recently?

Any team could have claimed Aceves (and his salary) off waivers, but not one did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

[QUOTE]we will get something for him, Im sure.  Now will it be a top prospect? not unless we have a guy on the otherside of the phone holding a gun to the opposing G.M.s head (which I speculated during the Nick Punto trade).  If someone wants to kick the tires with him I can see us getting a C B- prospect.   A kid far away in the low minors who has the tools to become a prospect or might be career minor leaguer. 

What is the market for a 30-year-old malcontent with a 5.21 ERA and 83 ERA+ over his past 80 appearances who is owed just over $1 million the remainder of this year after clearing waivers recently?

Any team could have claimed Aceves (and his salary) off waivers, but not one did.

[/QUOTE]

Prices go up right before the deadline, no one is going to salivate and jump on a guy like aceves.  Someone will pay something this time next week....might not be much but it'l be something. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Nick Cafardo - Boston Globe, National Baseball Writer We hear Red Sox prefer peavy over garza but remain active in talks on both. Much will hinge on buchholz second opinion with dr Andrews

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

We may need both.......