Red Sox not willing to give up what Mets want for Beltran

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Red Sox not willing to give up what Mets want for Beltran

From MLBTraderumors.com:
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

2. The Red Sox aren't willing to part with the prospects the Mets want, according to Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com. The Mets are interested in Josh Reddick, Ryan Kalish, Jose Iglesias, Anthony Ranaudo, Felix Doubront and Will Middlebrooks, according to Edes. Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald hears that the Red Sox are focusing on internal solutions, particularly Reddick.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Red Sox not willing to give up what Mets want for Beltran

The Mets are delussional and Theo's an idiot for even considering bringing that moron over here...........I would rather have Drew - REPEAT I would rather just keep DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm sure they don't want all 6; more like 1 or 2 from that list; 6 other teams want him, so the Mets would get over it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Maybe, just maybe Theo is involved in negotiations to drive up the price of Beltran.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Beltran is not the answer, Reddick is, and is in the fold. Beltran, please forget him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox not willing to give up what Mets want for Beltran:
    [QUOTE]Maybe, just maybe Theo is involved in negotiations to drive up the price of Beltran.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Why? The Yankees aren't interested; the reports were that the Phillies & RS are the chief contenders; the others being Detroit, SF, Pitt, Cin, Cle, Atl, and a couple of others.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Who says the Mets aren't interested in a combination of those guys for Reyes.

How would this lineup look?

Ellsbury
    Reyes
    Gonzo
    Youk
    Petey
    Papi
    Reddick
    Crawford
    Salty

If the Mets want Middlebrooks/Inglesias plus Weiland, pull the trigger. Throw in Hsuang and or Jacobs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

To get Reyes the Sox would probably have to give up Ellsbury, Reddick, Pedroia, Lester, and maybe John Henry. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think Iggy/Ranaudo/Doubront could hypothetically get it done...or even a Iggy/Ranaduo/Kalish.......hypothetically.  I kinda like the idea of Iggy though for multiple reasons.

We can't afford to pay every player 20 million dollars, I like having a guy making nothing playing SS, he's a defensive wizard and who knows he may even possibly hit his offensive ceiling and become a gap .270-280 hitter.  The money not spent on Reyes can be used to upgrade other positions in coming years (or retaining players)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I wouldn't trade any two of those prospects (and I don't consider Reddick a prospect) for a short term rental of Beltran. In my humble, however jaundiced opinion, the Red Sox should stop talking to the Mets about him. He is not needed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]To get Reyes the Sox would probably have to give up Ellsbury, Reddick, Pedroia, Lester, and maybe John Henry. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous.  The price will never be nearly that high and each day it drops.  The buying team is potentially buying a rental only.  As such, there is no way what you write even has a hint of truth.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Forger Reyes, too. The Mets aren't going to trade him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

I haven't lost all faith in Drew. I could see him popping up in the playoffs with some timely hits. The line up, as it is, should be strong enough to score runs without Drew contributing. That's why I think pitching is more of an issue. Drew and Crawford have shown they can get the job done. They might not actually do it, but they're capable of it. A pitcher on the DL will give you nothing for sure.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Focus in on Hanley-- forget Reyes.  Iglesias, and two other prospects could get it done.  Marlins are not going anywhere this season and getting rid of Hanley's contract plus getting a top Cuban prospect is apealing to the Miami Marlins in 2012.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i wouldnt trade any of those guys for 3 months of Beltran, besides the sox need starting pitching more than they need offensive help, get Guthrie from the O's if possible for the right price. he'd be a nice 5th starter

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]i wouldnt trade any of those guys for 3 months of Beltran, besides the sox need starting pitching more than they need offensive help, get Guthrie from the O's if possible for the right price. he'd be a nice 5th starter
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

I agree that a pitcher is more important right now.I'm not sure the O's will trade Guthrie within the division though.Maybe Hiroki Kuroda from the Dodgers is an option that would work out well for both teams.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The way Reddick is playing diminishes the need to acquire Beltran or any rightfielder. Carlos is a switch hitter who is better from the left side. Free agent next year. Would love to have Reyes at short , but cannot see the Mets trading him. They are having money problems, but they are still a big market team that cannot just dismantle their club. I think their dealing KRod and Beltran is to free up some dollars to re sign Reyes. Reyes is easily their best player , and extremely popular with the fans. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]To get Reyes the Sox would probably have to give up Ellsbury, Reddick, Pedroia, Lester, and maybe John Henry. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

They'd have to get Henry's wife, too, and the Mets aren't looking for that kind of baggage.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]wont take that much. wes middlebrooks will do.  mets will pay most of his pay. you give 2 more top prospects for reyes. beltran is not arbitratn eligible. beltran is really a throw in.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

forget beltran and forget reyes. If the sox plan to trade for a hitter, the guy they should get is hunter pence. Perfect fit for this team. Solid right handed hitting outfielder in his prime with a cannon for an arm. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I think Iggy/Ranaudo/Doubront could hypothetically get it done...or even a Iggy/Ranaduo/Kalish.......hypothetically.  I kinda like the idea of Iggy though for multiple reasons. We can't afford to pay every player 20 million dollars, I like having a guy making nothing playing SS, he's a defensive wizard and who knows he may even possibly hit his offensive ceiling and become a gap .270-280 hitter.  The money not spent on Reyes can be used to upgrade other positions in coming years (or retaining players)
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

He has 4 extra base hits in 220 at bats at AAA.  Everyone that wants Iggy would be horrified if he came up and hit 210 with no homers.  People act like Alex Gonzalez couldn't hit. Gonzalez has 145 career homers.  Iggy makes Gonzalez look like Babe Ruth.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Your all delusional, You dont give up 1 top minor league player for a 3 month rental if you have someone doing the job (Reddick) or you get another Bagwell incident! Grow up folks this is not Weii baseball or fantasy baseball!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I would trade for a starting pitcher at this point, and let Reddick play everyday in RF. If Reddick slumps you still have Drew who at least has been decent in the past and he is healthy (ahem, physically healthy).

Our starting pitching is teetering on the brink of dissolve.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox not willing to give up what Mets want for Beltran : He has 4 extra base hits in 220 at bats at AAA.  Everyone that wants Iggy would be horrified if he came up and hit 210 with no homers.  People act like Alex Gonzalez couldn't hit. Gonzalez has 145 career homers.  Iggy makes Gonzalez look like Babe Ruth.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree with you, I don't think most people could stomach that.  Personally I could, Defense at SS has more value than great defense at other positions...and a team that virtually leads the league in every offensive category has the capacity to make that sacrifice.  I'm also running under the assumption that Iglesias should be able to blossom into a hitter that can replace Scutaro or close to it (offensively).  Iggy is a stud with the glove, he'll take away a LOT of hits and that will make up for a lot of the offensive production he lacks...and I expect that Lowrie will hang around and possibly even Scutaro's option exercised and platoons with Lowrie for another season or half a season.....if Iggy needs more seasoning.

I still stand by my point, giving the youngsters a chance at their prospective positions.  Reddick-RF, Lavarnway C/DH, Salty-C, Iggy-SS, Doubront-p/rp.....but your right will lower their opinion of him if he comes up and hits .230 If makes sense too the team will only have around 35(-+5) million to play with next year with holes to fill in RF,SS and possibly even DH with the year after only losing dice-k's contract and still having holes at C and CF on the horizon.  I like the financial flexibility the youngsters allow and I think most of them are ready for their roles (Iglesias needs a little more time)

I believe he comes off the D.L. tomorrow, so lets see how the rest of his season goes. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]The Mets are delussional and Theo's an idiot for even considering bringing that moron over here...........I would rather have Drew - REPEAT I would rather just keep DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

And what are you for taking trade rumors seriously?