Red Sox Offense = Jauganought!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Red Sox Offense = Jauganought!

National Media calling Red Sox a Jauganought...

Is there any better description?

Anyone have a better name?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Red Sox Offense = Jauganought!

a JugofMoonshine?..Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Why would they use that name?

That word does not exist in the English language.

Perhaps they mean "juggernaught?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

My bad should be Juggernaut...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I don't think it's just the offense.  It's the whole package - offense, defense, starting pitching, BP.  It's everything.

They can throw the leather around when they need it.  Is there a better starting 3 in the baseball.  And who has a better 1-2 punch than Bard and Pap?  And offense, 1-6 is just awesome.

Just imagine how good this team will be with JD Drew shows up.

By the way, Tek batted .333 in May and Salty is batting .400 for June.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I like juggsalot!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Right now the hitting is the dominant characteristic of this team.  The Sox score more runs than anyone else in MLB.  The nine wins in a row, including three at Yankee Stadium, are juggernaught-like.

But it's early and the pitching in my view is suspect.  Not terrible, but suspect.  Lackey or Wake could lose it in a heartbeat even though lately both have looked pretty good.  Buchholz and Lester have both had several not so good games this year, both ERA's are up.   Everyone in the bullpen--except the new lefty--has shown he can blow a lead, not once or twice, but several times.  The closer's ERA is double what it was two years ago. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Jug or not? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Offense = Jauganought!:
    [QUOTE]Right now the hitting is the dominant characteristic of this team.  The Sox score more runs than anyone else in MLB.  The nine wins in a row, including three at Yankee Stadium, are juggernaught-like.   But it's early and the pitching in my view is suspect.  Not terrible, but suspect.  Lackey or Wake could lose it in a heartbeat even though lately both have looked pretty good.  Buchholz and Lester have both had several not so good games this year, both ERA's are up.   Everyone in the bullpen--except the new lefty--has shown he can blow a lead, not once or twice, but several times.  The closer's ERA is double what it was two years ago. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Please do not use era for a closer yeah it is telling but so is 12 of 13 saves with a 2-0 record. He has also pitched in 4 of their losses in two he gave up no runs and the other two the runs he gave up had no effect on the loss.
    Lester's era is up because of 3---5 run and 1---7 run game in 14 starts other than that he has given up less than 4 or less in all others
    Clay in 13 starts has a 6  (just before he missed a start), and a 5 and 4 run game the first two of the year.
    As far as the rest I have faith in Albers and Aceves. I also believe Jenks and Wheeler will be better. As for Hottovy so far so good.

Yes Wake and Lackey could go at any moment but so could any one of them.
    Lackey has had 4 bad games two just before he went on DL. He also had a game he lost and gave up one run and now he has put together two decent games.
    Wake is Wake I'll still take him over any number 5 in the game.
    era does not tell all especially in how sometimes Francona will allow a pitcher some times stay in a game. You need to look at the whole and not just one stat

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I thought Beavis was offering a North Shore phoenetic interpretation of juggernaut.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Beavis was offering a North Shore phoenetic interpretation of juggernaut.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Never saw that term used here. Kudos!
    You and Rojas have both reached forum firsts recently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

you GUYS AND GIRLS ARE TOO FUNNY...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i shot a juagernot for me and my friends!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Offense = Jauganought! : Never saw that term used here. Kudos! You and Rojas have both reached forum firsts recently.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Except it is spelled phonetic.  Nothing better than someone correcting a misspelling with a misspelling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobLoblaw2005a. Show BobLoblaw2005a's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSuvOVH0aSQ

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The Red Sox is nowhere without Lowrie and Ellsbury getting on base. Ellsbury was on base twice, Lowrie was sitting with a boo boo, so the Red Sox can't score without these two "gamechangers". Ortiz and AGon were not able to hit the long ball, which would have frightened the impotent offense of the Rays. They got confidence because Ortiz and AGon were off. Ellsbury on the bases didn't scare them, disrupt them or gamechange.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

AGONE: 3 hits today. RedSox lose.

Crawbury: 1-6: Once again the team plays in proportion to CRAWBURY.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

No extra base hits for AGon or Ortiz. Red Sox lose.

Crawbury on base twice. Once again, the team plays directly off AGon and Ortiz. Youk needs to step it up if one should hit a long slump. Crawbury scares no one. AGon and Ortiz frighten every team in baseball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

AGONE/PAPI: 3 - 7 (.428 BA)  1 BB .500 OBP

CRAWBURY: 1 - 6 (.167 BA) 1 BB    .286 OBP

Redsox play in proportion to CRAWBURY yet again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

No extra base hits for AGon or Ortiz. Crawbury on base twice, scares no one.

Red Sox offense is directly a function of AGon and Ortiz and or one more profile like Youk slugging. Crawbury is nothing but a sideshow. On base, stays on base.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Looked more like a juggaNOT last night!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

i would call it a HOT STREAK; soon to be followed by a COLD STREAK.

hopefully, the HOT STREAKS will outnumber the COLD ones.