Red Sox out on Beltran

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Red Sox out on Beltran

RS out on Beltran by Nick Cafardo.

Good. I guess Sox will be fighting over Yoennis Cespedes with Yanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Re: Red Sox out on Beltran

Nope-Yanks may not even be in the running for him, but we certainly aren't. Rumor has it he'll want a few million......we can't afford that!!! Embarassed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hope the Yanks aren't in it. Last thing we need is another DH.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

IMO the Sox are going to pick up a RH bat for RF after the FA dust has settled. The same is true in regards to pitching, and may-be will wait for trade deadline to see what their needs are, especially for the bull-pen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox out on Beltran:
    Nope-Yanks may not even be in the running for him, but we certainly aren't. Rumor has it he'll want a few million......we can't afford that!!!
    Posted by Teakus

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

My guess is Cespedes will end up playing for the Marlins

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I wouldn't mind Alfonso Soriano at RF.  Of course Cubs have to pay his most salaries.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Think that the Red Sox do want Beltran.  But it is more likely that Beltran demanding more than two to three years contract at probably over 7 to 9 million dollars a year (Same as Cuddyer to Willingham).  So therefore, Boston isnt going to keep wasting more $$$$ to an often injure proned players where Boston have at least four guys including two on DL who all are often injure proned players!!!

But the funny part is that he stated that he rather to play for a contender team!!!  Cardinals/Red Sox are the only contender teams out of five teams on Beltran's list!!

Maybe he just want $$$

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I take it you're describing how the ownership group, and the prior administration, view the fans of Red Sox Nation? Stupid galloops wanting stud players at every position, and unable to comprehend the complexities of the business side of things? It's a poooooor businessman who views his customers with disdain Utica...

In Response to Re: Red Sox out on Beltran:
    In Response to Re: Red Sox out on Beltran :
    Posted by UticaClub

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Best news all day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Nats got Gio,and we wouldn't want Beltran unless he came cheap for one year. The Sox are still in on Bailey but not if Middlebrooks is on the table.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

I'm glad the RS didn't trade for Gio, his track record on the road and at fenway is not good. 

but I am glad he went to the national league,  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'm fine with Beltran.  I like him until Papi accepted arb, since we'd have had a slot for Beltran to DH.  As a strict RF, we have a choice between starting Beltran for $9M, or platooning Reddck/Jones (?) for ~ $3M, and spending $6M on pitching.  I don't think Beltran will blow away Reddck/AJ.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

"Hello Tim !   ...........   this is Ben Cherington.     Are you interested in another cheap deal like in recent years ?"

Sections
Shortcuts