Red Sox Outfield Come July

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Red Sox Outfield Come July

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

Get rid of Gomes and keep Bradley as utility.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Red Sox Outfield Come July

Holt is 4 for his last 23.  He's slowing down, and might not be the cog in the machine people expect him to be...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holt is 4 for his last 23.  He's slowing down, and might not be the cog in the machine people expect him to be...

[/QUOTE]

I posted long ago that he was doing wonders  but yet it was also a case of small size sample...lets hope for the best... My Red Sox for near future highlights bogaert, de la rosa, the catchers in farmland, lester, pedey, etc...no more navas, gomes, peveys, etc..at dateline get some value and expend some money next winter.:.go sox in 2016...start the a dynasty worth of great Sox Nation

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

If Holt and Betts end up playing well defensively and maintain above average offensive Stats I would package Middy and/or JBJ for a power hitting OF in a heartbeat.  With one good every day power hitting OF to go along with Nava and Victorino this team would be looking pretty good out there. 

We can't keep putting a bunch of weak powerless hitters out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

If Holt and Betts end up playing well defensively and maintain above average offensive Stats I would package Middy and/or JBJ for a power hitting OF in a heartbeat.  With one good every day power hitting OF to go along with Nava and Victorino this team would be looking pretty good out there. 

[/QUOTE]

Sure we can. Thats all we have. At this point, does it really matter who is playing OF-or anywhere else this year? The entire focus of our FO should be on next year.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I'm hoping in July, the Sox deal Peavy , and then make a move for an outfielder who is under control for 2015 (and beyond?) using some sort of combination of our prospects plus those acquired for Peavy and a few others.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

If you're gonna package JBJ and Middy, you'd better add some players another team might actually want.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

Nobody wants JBJ or Middy, even for free is my guess. Neither of them can hit the baseball.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So if we include the 3 for night tonight, he's 7 for 27 (.259), probably better than anyone on the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

They won't get anything for those two. What value do they have when both of them haven't proven they can hit at the major league level????????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

If you're gonna package JBJ and Middy, you'd better add some players another team might actually want.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Right now Middy and JBJ are junk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, why do people always assume that some team is going to give us gold for the players we don't want.  What magic or voodoo does Charington have to perform?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

Who wouldn't?  Besides the other 29 GMs in MLB?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

"Exactly, why do people always assume that some team is going to give us gold for the players we don't want.  What magic or voodoo does Charington have to perform?"

We could always ring that Dodgers phone number again ... :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya it looks like kemp may be finding his way to boston soon, apparently we have been extensively scouting him, combine that with the talk prior to the season, and it appears that a kemp trade could be in the works. As much as the sox FO would love to get stanton, they know they need help now. Who knows how long before the marlins trade him, or heck, maybe they don’t trade him at all. Also, the cost to acquire kemp would be substantially lower than stanton. Think about it this way, would u rather have kemp, betts and owens or stanton? Also, dealing for kemp would allow us to maintain our top notch prospects which we can use to potentially get a front of the rotation starter to pitch behind lester. Kemp is hitting great lately and makes a lot of sense. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Exactly, why do people always assume that some team is going to give us gold for the players we don't want.  What magic or voodoo does Charington have to perform?"

We could always ring that Dodgers phone number again ... :)

[/QUOTE]

Josh Beckett, Adrian Gonzalez, and Carl Crawford were players who at some point (AGON at the time) were amongst the best players in the game and had a proven track record.  Someone like WMB has ZERO track record in the Bigs.  no...sorry but no team is going to give us a productive MLB ready player who can turn this team around for JBJ and WMB alone.  There are some teams that may believe in those players and want to give them more patience....but they aren't going to buy high on them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Kemp is a lot more available and realistic than Stanton at this point. Getting Stanton is a pipe dream with legs. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the SOX can. Don't underestimate this FO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

What about a third baseman?  Xander's average has been dropping and he has 11 errors on the season.  in the last 30 days he has been pretty bad,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

What about a third baseman?  Xander's average has been dropping and he has 11 errors on the season.  in the last 30 days he has been pretty bad,

[/QUOTE]

So you want to dump Xander Bogaerts because he has been in a slump? or do you just want to send him down to pawtucket? and replace him with who? or trade him????? because we should always trade young 21 year old talented players when they are slumping right???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you want to dump Xander Bogaerts because he has been in a slump? or do you just want to send him down to pawtucket? and replace him with who? or trade him????? because we should always trade young 21 year old talented players when they are slumping right???

[/QUOTE]

I have never mentioned trading Xander and would not think of it.  I don't like trading young players unless I think it is in their best interest.  Everyone is quick to toss some players aside.  JBJ defensively is as we all know a great  player with no errors and several catches that even Jacoby does not make.

Xander has 11 errors and that number could easily be 15 or even more.  His bat as of late is not cutting it. I don't know if I would send him down but a few more errors  and another week of not hitting, and it may be the way to go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Holt LF

Betts CF

Nava/Victorino RF

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have never mentioned trading Xander and would not think of it.  I don't like trading young players unless I think it is in their best interest.  Everyone is quick to toss some players aside.  JBJ defensively is as we all know a great  player with no errors and several catches that even Jacoby does not make.

Xander has 11 errors and that number could easily be 15 or even more.  His bat as of late is not cutting it. I don't know if I would send him down but a few more errors  and another week of not hitting, and it may be the way to go.

[/QUOTE]

agree with you.  lucky he is the team number three best hitters for players playing over 50 games as well he is the team #4 best hitter for players playing over 40 games.  So therefore, he get to keep his 25 man roster.  If Middlebrook come off of the DL and start hitting so well as a 3b, then Boston could consider moving Bogarets to another position.  Not sure he got the legs to play in the OF.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I could see an order of Betts, Holt, Pedroia, Ortiz, Nap, AJ, Xander, Nava/Gomes, Herrera/ Drew.   

After the Yankee series I would move JBJ to AAA let him try to put his hitting back together. If he doesn't leave him there until he does. If WMB starts hitting move Xander to AAA for the same purpose JBJ was sent down. Work on his hitting and fielding. If Nava doesn't keep hitting bring Cecch up to platoon in LF with Gomes and at 3 B with WMB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could see an order of Betts, Holt, Pedroia, Ortiz, Nap, AJ, Xander, Nava/Gomes, Herrera/ Drew.   

After the Yankee series I would move JBJ to AAA let him try to put his hitting back together. If he doesn't leave him there until he does. If WMB starts hitting move Xander to AAA for the same purpose JBJ was sent down. Work on his hitting and fielding. If Nava doesn't keep hitting bring Cecch up to platoon in LF with Gomes and at 3 B with WMB.

[/QUOTE]

I still doubt JBJ goes back to triple A.  Not unless Ortiz and Peddy catch on fire and Xander learns how to hit with men on base. I have not even seen JF pinch hit for JBJ since he did in a game that a ball dropped in CF later and we lost because of it.  I don't think anyone who has pinched hit for JBJ has even got a hit.

If the sox keep playing .500 ball, I would hope the FO leaves JBJ alone to at least have a chance at a gold glove.  The numbers and video are in his favor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Xander is not batting 7th with Holt batting 2nd.  Unless you want to make the "play the hot hand card" in which case you are suggesting Bogaerts is still going to be struggling months from now and Holt is still going to be hitting above his skill.  Because there is now way the Sox are going to call up Betts right away and make him the lead off hitter right away and drop Bogey down behind AJP.