Red Sox owners hold the line on ticket prices for 2013.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Red Sox owners hold the line on ticket prices for 2013.

How nice of them to continue to offer the highest ticket prices in the league for the most disappointing team on the planet.

They saved big bucks with the BIG TRADE. Offered fans a sneak peek at what Spring Training Exhibition games would look like if played in September. Offer a team mostly devoid of superstars.

I think holding 2012 prices is equal to highway robbery. But the again, it's Fenway. A baseball shrine, the oldest ballpark, a historical ( hysterical) landmark.

Who cares if they actually have a team that's capable of winning more than 80 games, right?....it's the park we go to see, not the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: Red Sox owners hold the line on ticket prices for 2013.

I agree with you-it's the park we go to see.

Not to sound bias, but I believe that Fenway Park is the most beautiful baseball stadium I have ever been to. 

Have any of you been to Tropicana Field?  It looks depressing.  No wonder the Rays were last in attendence.  lol 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not to sound bias, but I believe that Fenway Park is the most beautiful baseball stadium I have ever been to. 

Have any of you been to Tropicana Field?  It looks depressing.  No wonder the Rays were last in attendence.  lol 

[/QUOTE]

I just moved back here from the Tampa area where I was living for the last few years.

The trop has a cave-like atmosphere. It is the most obnoxious stadium Ive ever been to, and Ive been to a few.

They would probably attract many more fans if they moved it to Hillsborough county (which is across the bridge, out of St.Pete) and built a whole new state of the art stadium. There are more businesses in the downtown Tampa area and could have more cooperate outlets for tix sales.

Most fans do not want to travel to a bad part of town over the bridge to watch a team play in a cave.

Even if they just moved the location (while staying in the same county) and built the new stadium, I think more people would attend games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Zilla, do you think it's realistic to expect a professional team to lower ticket prices?  Besides, you don't know what sort of team the will put on the field next year so how can you determine the fairness of their prices?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just moved back here from the Tampa area where I was living for the last few years.

The trop has a cave-like atmosphere. It is the most obnoxious stadium Ive ever been to, and Ive been to a few.

They would probably attract many more fans if they moved it to Hillsborough county (which is across the bridge, out of St.Pete) and built a whole new state of the art stadium. There are more businesses in the downtown Tampa area and could have more cooperate outlets for tix sales.

Most fans do not want to travel to a bad part of town over the bridge to watch a team play in a cave.

Even if they just moved the location (while staying in the same county) and built the new stadium, I think more people would attend games.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your idea!   :)

I went to a Red Sox vs. Rays game back in 2010 and only around 10,000 fans showed up.  There was no line at the bathroom!!!  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic. No one pays that kind of money to see just a ballpark. They go to see major league teams play professional baseball.....if they are lucky.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the OP is meant to be sarcastic then why respond to it as if it is legit?

[/QUOTE]

It was only the last line that was meant to be sarcasm. Someone took it as what I really believed to be true.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts