Red Sox Ownership Could Be Down Fall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Red Sox Ownership Could Be Down Fall

"Sox chairman Tom Werner regrets that the team didn’t do more to address its outfield last offseason, Abraham writes. “[W]e didn’t expect Shane Victorino to be on the disabled list for as long as he has been. We knew that Jackie Bradley had the potential to be a superstar but his season hasn’t been as robust as we all imagined. We’re still very confident about his potential,” says Werner. “But should we have gone after Nelson Cruz? I guess so.”

Sure sign a 30+ year old injury prone steriod user to a long term contract(would have taken that to pry from O's). Sounds to me this off season ownership is going to decide to trade away youth for a quick fix. Ownership should stay out of baseball matters and let the baseball guys handle the baseball duties. Owners just sign the checks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Red Sox Ownership Could Be Down Fall

Nelson Cruz was a great pick up, for the Orioles. He would not fit in Boston. John Lackey has stated the reason why. Since Lackey will be here next year on the cheap, that would be 2 years of discontent in the club house. 

Cruz's defense would give Sox fans fits of agony. There is still time for the offense to be better, have faith my friends.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure sign a 30+ year old injury prone steriod user to a long term contract(would have taken that to pry from O's).

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  The O's signed him for one year, $8 million.  Why couldn't we have signed him for one year, $9 million - or $10 million, if he really liked Baltimore?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I know...who would've thought Victorino wouldn't make it through that contract. I mean, a guy in his 30s, who relies on speed, and his game had been getting worse for 2 straight seasons....I mean, those guys always turn it around into their mid30s, right? Pretty good in 2010, but was fading in 2011 and 2012...it was a terrible contract at the time, and made to look ok because he had a good season to start. One of many on a team that just had everything fall in just the right place.

And another 13 for next season. When he'll be 34.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know...who would've thought Victorino wouldn't make it through that contract. I mean, a guy in his 30s, who relies on speed, and his game had been getting worse for 2 straight seasons....I mean, those guys always turn it around into their mid30s, right? Pretty good in 2010, but was fading in 2011 and 2012...it was a terrible contract at the time, and made to look ok because he had a good season to start. One of many on a team that just had everything fall in just the right place.

And another 13 for next season. When he'll be 34.

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  DAT   !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Sooooo......an ownership that helped keep the Sox in Boston (remember that??)...Made Fenway tolerable to go to a game....open up the purse strings to keep them competitive year after year....OH YEAH...and be a part of 3 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS .....is the reason for the Sox downfall.  You are a complete non fan and your opinion is wrong.  Go away....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Sounds like Tom gave this a whole six or seven seconds' worth of thought.

Just what I'd expect. We all know that Larry is the big thinker around here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Frank McCourt would have been a better option.