Red Sox Playoff Roster: What do you think? Who would you like to add/subtract/trade to make sure we get to WS?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Red Sox Playoff Roster: What do you think? Who would you like to add/subtract/trade to make sure we get to WS?

PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS ARE YOU KIDDING THE PLAYOFFS....THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!! AS MORA STATED.

Please let's wait another month before asking this question.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Red Sox Playoff Roster: What do you think? Who would you like to add/subtract/trade to make sure we get to WS?

In Response to Red Sox Playoff Roster: What do you think? Who would you like to add/subtract/trade to make sure we get to WS?:
    Red Sox have an excellent chance to make the playoffs.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

http://www.coolstandings.com/baseball_standings.asp?sn=2012&i=1

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I would go back in time and not make the Andrew Bailey trade. 

We could really use Josh reddicks bat and glove in the outfield.

Batting .285/.344/.542 with a .886 OPS with 9 HR and 20 RBI about 25% of the way through the season.

I got to believe his numbers would be a weee bit better in Boston.  Then again hindsight is always 20/20 and I supported the trade so it is what it is. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

sound good.  if there is no more injury for the rest of the season at the same time the starting pitchers keep getting themselves into a hot roll, they got a shot to make into the playoff.

But that is if, if , if......!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I already specifically addressed this in one of your earlier Jeopardy threads.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Roster I woudl hope to see

SP Lester  Beckett Buchholz Matsuzak Bard Doubront...odd man out in the Pen

BP Bailey Aceves Melancon Miller Morales Hill (Albers if Melancon blows up again) 3 lefties 3 Righties

Catchers Saltalamacchia Lavarnway - really think this tandem would be fantasstic

Infielders Aviles Gonzalez Middlebrooks Pedroia Youk - issue here is of course backup at SS....so Iggy should be ready if someone goes down.

DH Ortiz

Outfielders Crawford Ellsbury Ross Sweeney Nava - Nava gets my nod, because he is a switch hitter and I love his energy and his aggresive swing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you start threads like this?

Do you watch the games?  Do you follow other teams?  Makes me wonder.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Playoff Roster: What do you think? Who would you like to add/subtract/trade to make sure we get to WS?:
    I would go back in time and not make the Andrew Bailey trade.  We could really use Josh reddicks bat and glove in the outfield. Batting .285/.344/.542 with a .886 OPS with 9 HR and 20 RBI about 25% of the way through the season. I got to believe his numbers would be a weee bit better in Boston.  Then again hindsight is always 20/20 and I supported the trade so it is what it is. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

He is incredibly hot and cold as a hitter and Bailey is hurt.  It is way too soon to say whether or not this was a good trade.  Bailey is nasty and Josh could end up hitting 230 this year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to "Re: Red Sox Playoff Roster: What do you think? Who would you like to add/subtract/trade to make sure we get to WS?":
    In Response to Re: Red Sox Playoff Roster: What do you think? Who would you like to add/subtract/trade to make sure we get to WS? : He is incredibly hot and cold as a hitter and Bailey is hurt.  It is way too soon to say whether or not this was a good trade.  Bailey is nasty and Josh could end up hitting 230 this year. Posted by snakeoil123
    I agree

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Beckett
    Lester
    Bucholz or Doubrant or Bard (Depends on their form last half of the season)
    Doubrant or Bucholz or Bard "  "

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Playoff Roster: What do you think? Who would you like to add/subtract/trade to make sure we get to WS?:
    In Response to Re: Red Sox Playoff Roster: What do you think? Who would you like to add/subtract/trade to make sure we get to WS? : What starters would you use if the Red Sox go to a 4 man rotation in the playoffs?
    Posted by 2004Idiots

2004....I think that would depend on who is pitching well and Bard'a and Doubies innings limits....if I had to guess it would be Lester, Beckett, Buchholz and Dice....with Bard and Doubie back in BP roles...but I could see Doubront getting one of the starts instead of Buch or Dice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Byrd? Really?

Sections
Shortcuts