Red Sox pound O's, is this the upturn in fortune we sorely need?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Red Sox pound O's, is this the upturn in fortune we sorely need?

I dunno.  Taking two outa three in LA against the hottest team in baseball was a pretty good sign.  Wouldn't ya think?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

This team is resilient and balanced.  They don't seem to get too high or too low.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Guys, whatever happens, we've been already treated to a season far and beyond all of our expectations.

We saw 2 or the three games in SF....nice park, crummy food.

We've been snake-bitten by the Orioles this year.  If we win this series, it may indicate good things ahead.  It'll help having a few days off to arrange the pitching staff.

Napoli is starting to hit,  Thank God.

I'll almost be sad to see Drew go, but think Bogey will be the hitter that is expected.

If Napoli tanks next year, which I don't think will happen, Cechini will be in the wings for 3rd with Middy at 1st,

It's all great and realistic.

I hope they sign Ells(but I feel he's not interested in any home-grown contract dicount..ala Pedroia, or it would have happened already.

I worry about JBJ living up to expectations.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

This year has been perfect.... but now we must aspire to reach that Impossible Dream.

Nah I prefer they play like Idiot's! 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Guys, whatever happens, we've been already treated to a season far and beyond all of our expectations.

We saw 2 or the three games in SF....nice park, crummy food.

We've been snake-bitten by the Orioles this year.  If we win this series, it may indicate good things ahead.  It'll help having a few days off to arrange the pitching staff.

Napoli is starting to hit,  Thank God.

I'll almost be sad to see Drew go, but think Bogey will be the hitter that is expected.

If Napoli tanks next year, which I don't think will happen, Cechini will be in the wings for 3rd with Middy at 1st,

It's all great and realistic.

I hope they sign Ells(but I feel he's not interested in any home-grown contract dicount..ala Pedroia, or it would have happened already.

I worry about JBJ living up to expectations.

They may move Nava/Carp to first and put Bogaerts in LF, and hold on to Drew which affords them more lefties then havIng Xander at SS and Napoli at first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Taking my cue from Farrell and every guy on the roster, I am not thinking about upturns in fortunes or downturns in fortunes.  Just tonight's game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Last night's win was fun to watch.  I have to listen to sox/O's games on the local station so I alway have to listen to O's anouncers. 

At the start of the year all they would talk about is how horrible the sox played last year and how the O's were so great.  It was so much fun to listen to them last night!  Maybe they learned a lesson.  If you're going to crow at the beginning of the season be prepared to eat it at the end LOL!

There is a month left to the season and anything can happen but right now things are looking pretty good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Its no wonder we had a tough stretch in August. We played the most games of any MLB team the 1st half. Now we will be rewarded with a couple off days that other teams wont get. Tampa is headed on a 11 days WC trip this weekend, Baltimore's starting pitching is mostly mediocre. The team that always worries me is the NYY. Not as much this year, but I can see them making their way to 2nd place by the time its all said and done.

This team has been on of the most consistent teams in MLB this year and have been truly fun to watch and root for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The last time they pounded a team (SF 12-1) Ricky Nolasco pitched a gem against them in the next game (2-0).

Any time a team has a big night it does not necessarily mean they are going to go on a tear.

It just means last nights O's pitching really stunk.

"Advertising is legalized lying."- H.G.Wells

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

It certainly felt right last night... it all comes down to starting pitching and ours has been consistently good as oflate

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

A step in the right direction, but curb your enthusiasm for another two weeks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Yes, "curb yor enthusiasm" is a good motto for this board.

Everyday that log on here , I find I am constantly running into posters who think a 13-2 game = an automatic berth in the World Series or a player that has a 4 for 4 night qualifies for the MVP award.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

It was a big win and even better to win big. The O's have been beating up the Sox for a while now so this pounding gives the team a psychological boost and perhaps knocks a little cockiness out of the O's. A thrashing is just what was needed at this time. 

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Everyday that log on here , I find I am constantly running into posters who think a 13-2 game = an automatic berth in the World Series or a player that has a 4 for 4 night qualifies for the MVP award.

Conversely, a 2-0 loss = no-heart failures doomed to choke and an ofer qualifies for waivers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

[QUOTE]

Conversely, a 2-0 loss = no-heart failures doomed to choke and an ofer qualifies for waivers.

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

20. This post has been removed.