Red Sox pursuing Cubs ace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Red Sox pursuing Cubs ace

08:34 AM ET 07.10 | The Red Sox have the Cubs' Matt Garza high on the list of pitchers they're pursuing for an injury-depleted rotation. He has pitched well against them. The Cubs would have to get a lot in that trade, including a majors-ready arm to replace Garza.

Chicago Tribune

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/295450-red-sox-pursuing-cubs-ace#ixzz1RigOV0oc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Red Sox pursuing Cubs ace

In Response to Red Sox pursuing Cubs ace:
    08:34 AM ET 07.10 |  The  Red Sox  have the  Cubs ' Matt Garza high on the list of pitchers they're pursuing for an injury-depleted rotation. He has pitched well against them. The  Cubs  would have to get a lot in that trade, including a majors-ready arm to replace Garza. Chicago Tribune Read more:  http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/295450-red-sox-pursuing-cubs-ace#ixzz1RigOV0oc
    Posted by mthomas43

WOW!  That would  be nice.  As long as he controls his emotions, he's a very good pitcher ... the irony of a former TB pitcher is not lost ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe----. Show --The--Babe----'s posts

In Response to Red Sox pursuing Cubs ace:
    08:34 AM ET 07.10 |  The  Red Sox  have the  Cubs ' Matt Garza high on the list of pitchers they're pursuing for an injury-depleted rotation. He has pitched well against them. The  Cubs  would have to get a lot in that trade, including a majors-ready arm to replace Garza. Chicago Tribune Read more:  http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/295450-red-sox-pursuing-cubs-ace#ixzz1RigOV0oc
    Posted by mthomas43

Makes no sense. If the red flops had a "major league ready arm" they wouldn't need garza. The red flops farm system is way too barren to land anyone of significance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

you spend way to much time in here. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox pursuing Cubs ace:
    In Response to Red Sox pursuing Cubs ace : Makes no sense. If the red flops had a "major league ready arm" they wouldn't need garza. The red flops farm system is way too barren to land anyone of significance.
    Posted by --The--Babe----

I don't understand how that makes no sense to you?  Teams trade "major league ready arm" for an ace all the time, or at least it happens.  The idea is you get something guaranteed in return because there is a difference between Major league ready and major league proven, a team making a run wants proven talent.

The argument you want to make Babe...and I would agree with you is Boston doesn't have the major league ready pitching talent to land an ace. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe----. Show --The--Babe----'s posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox pursuing Cubs ace:
    In Response to Re: Red Sox pursuing Cubs ace : I don't understand how that makes no sense to you?  Teams trade "major league ready arm" for an ace all the time, or at least it happens.  The idea is you get something guaranteed in return because there is a difference between Major league ready and major league proven, a team making a run wants proven talent. The argument you want to make Babe...and I would agree with you is Boston doesn't have the major league ready pitching talent to land an ace. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

That was exactly my point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Saying Garza is an ace is a bit over the top, more of a middle rotation guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

garza stinks now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would rather we stay in house..Its worked so far..team era has gone down every month..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Would love to see it happen.  God knows he blew our hitters away enough times.  Lol. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

garza has less wins than wake and his era is only a 1/2  run better (nl league). I would take him but wouldnt give up too much...he is not an ace

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Any arm in the market with anything good in it is going to be pursued heavily by the Yanks.  Yanks are a lot more in need of a good arm than Sox at this point in the season.  If Sox make any move in the market for a SP, it will be solely to determine a nice "asking price" for that pitcher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Garza would be nice to have, of course, but calling him an ace is a generous use of the term to say the least...he'd probably be our #4 when Lester and Buchholz are back. Our farm system is obviously thinner now than in the past, but I wouldn't expect to have to give up a king's ransom.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts