Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster

Laphroaig is the best stuff on earth. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster:
    Fine , you must either : win one CY young or MVP to be eligible or Finish top 5 in cy young or mvp voting in 3 seperate years. To qualify...
    Posted by Drewski5

So... Carlton Fisk is out, but Albert Belle is in?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I wish this glass of makers mark was laphroaig

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : So... Carlton Fisk is out, but Albert Belle is in?
    Posted by notin

Neither are in.  I said to be eligible.  Also, if you dont get in three ballots in a row , you're out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : Agreed.  Just iterating where people who think the hall is a joke are coming from (IMO)
    Posted by Drewski5
    It is kind of a joke. Otherwise Pete Rose and Barry Bonds would already be in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nolan Ryan for Ben Cherrington.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : It is kind of a joke. Otherwise Pete Rose and Barry Bonds would already be in.
    Posted by carnie

Pete Rose is in the WWF hall of fame, which is way more respected.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Maybe Jacoby and Josh for Neftali  Feliz and Martin Perez...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Maybe Jacoby and Josh for Neftali  Feliz and Martin Perez...
    Posted by carnie

how many free MRI's do we get for Feliz?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : That would work for me. And you keep bringing up this one scotch I've never tried. Can you only get it in CO?
    Posted by carnie

Relatively common actually, a smokier / peatier / rougher poor man's version ( approx. $ 45  for the 10 year old ) of my main Islay fave, Lagavulin ( approx. $ 80 for 16 year old )
    Dosage best administered with 1/3 ice cold water , 2/3 "medicine". And I DO use ice , against all that is holy to true Scotch aficionados......something about affecting the congeners . whatever in blazes those are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Nolan Ryan for Ben Cherrington.
    Posted by TheExaminer

C'mon now examiner...That's a deal Cherrington himself might make...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

yeah, its extremely peaty.  Tastes like a campfire.  Love the stuff!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster :  Relatively common actually, a smokier / peatier / rougher poor man's version ( approx. $ 45  for the 10 year old ) of my main Islay fave, Lagavulin ( approx. $ 80 for 16 year old ) Dosage best administered with 1/3 ice cold water , 2/3 "medicine". And I DO use ice , against all that is holy to true Scotch aficionados......something about affecting the congeners . whatever in blazes those are.
    Posted by jimedfred
    I've never seen it in a single liquor store in SF, and I think I've been to all of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : how many free MRI's do we get for Feliz?
    Posted by Drewski5

Getting Feliz would save the Sox a lot of time in ruining their own relief pitchers.  Just buy them pre-ruined!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : Getting Feliz would save the Sox a lot of time in ruining their own relief pitchers.  Just buy them pre-ruined!!
    Posted by notin

That may just be the new philosophy.  Dont we have Mark Prior? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Monsieur...I hope your avowed interest in Scotch has nothing to do with the recent Red Sox struggles...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : That may just be the new philosophy.  Dont we have Mark Prior? 
    Posted by Drewski5
    Larry Lucchino is no Dan Duquette, I think we can agree on that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : I've never seen it in a single liquor store in SF, and I think I've been to all of them.
    Posted by carnie

Unfortunately that may indicate more about the typical clientele in SF than anything else. Scotch more commonly preferred by hairy-chested Neanderthal right wing capitalist extremist bigot / homophobe / Limbaugh listeners.....usually found in financial sector , old-line Wasp types.
    Islay a small island off south-west coast, home to Lagavulin, Laphroiag, Bunnahabhain, Port Ellen, Bowmore , Bruichladdich, Ardbeg distilleries.

You'll nae find any limp wristed froo-froo drink types there, Laddie !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : Unfortunately that may indicate more about the typical clientele in SF than anything else. Scotch more commonly preferred by hairy-chested Neanderthal right wing capitalist extremist bigot / homophobe / Limbaugh listeners.....usually found in financial sector , old-line Wasp types. Islay a small island off south-west coast, home to Lagavulin, Laphroiag, Bunnahabhain, Port Ellen, Bowmore , Bruichladdich, Ardbeg distilleries. You'll nae find any limp wristed froo-froo drink types there, Laddie !
    Posted by jimedfred
    I think I resent that remark. I am, without a doubt, the very definition of a left wing liberal, but I can shoot a gun and I have killed my own meat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : Unfortunately that may indicate more about the typical clientele in SF than anything else. Scotch more commonly preferred by hairy-chested Neanderthal right wing capitalist extremist bigot / homophobe / Limbaugh listeners.....usually found in financial sector , old-line Wasp types. Islay a small island off south-west coast, home to Lagavulin, Laphroiag, Bunnahabhain, Port Ellen, Bowmore , Bruichladdich, Ardbeg distilleries. You'll nae find any limp wristed froo-froo drink types there, Laddie !
    Posted by jimedfred

Can you recommend a Scotch for a moon bat leftist like myself? Inquiring minds...The way the Yankee offense is going, I should probably start to stock up.... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Rangers Blockbuster : I think I resent that remark. I am, without a doubt, the very definition of a left wing liberal, but I can shoot a gun and I have killed my own meat.
    Posted by carnie

Carnie has confided in me that when he was a kid he once shot and killed a disabled rat with a Red Ryder BB gun.  Though he never said anything about eating the poor thing....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

No need for resentments or personal takings.
    Stereotype more sexual than political, and you must admit San Fran's perceived reputation unlike say, Fort Worth , Oklahoma City, or Colorado Springs.

Which is sad, time was a visiting capitalist felt welcome at the Bohemian Club. And quite a few can still be found on Sand Hill Road in San Jose.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

No need for resentments or personal takings. Stereotype more sexual than political, and you must admit San Fran's perceived reputation unlike say, Fort Worth , Oklahoma City, or Colorado Springs. Which is sad, time was a visiting capitalist felt welcome at the Bohemian Club. And quite a few can still be found on Sand Hill Road in San Jose.
    Posted by jimedfred
    Nob Hill too. We really should talk about economics off the baseball forum sometime. We might agree more than we disagree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I think it was Beckett, Lackey, and JD Drew for Hamilton and the Sox were willing to pay all of Lackey's salary. However Beckett being the 10/5 man said no to the trade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think it was Beckett, Lackey, and JD Drew for Hamilton and the Sox were willing to pay all of Lackey's salary. However Beckett being the 10/5 man said no to the trade.
    Posted by EnchiladaT
    I'd trade Lucchino for Ryan straight up, no problem.

Sections
Shortcuts