Red Sox reach.500 -- When?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

Re: Red Sox reach.500 -- When?

In Response to Re: Red Sox reach.500 -- When?:
    goodmorning my giddy friend! how bout we get to .500 tonite with a nice W up in toronto!!! I'm telling ya bro, this team is starting to really jell...........CC gets his second walk off and gonzo is looking very comfortable right now. hey, what a thrill last night had to be for the 21 year old youngstah to score the winning run eh? I'm really startin to love this team.

Posted by Hammah29r2

Scoring one run off a journeyman starter for one of the worst teams in the majors is a sign of a team starting to jell?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox reach.500 -- When? : Scoring one run off a journeyman starter for one of the worst teams in the majors is a sign of a team starting to jell?
    Posted by The-Babe-1

Nice win, eh?

Should be fun this weekend. Hopefully, the Sox shuffle the deck and get Lester in Sats. game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Scoring one run off a journeyman starter for one of the worst teams in the majors is a sign of a team starting to jell?

there's the key word babe...............the majors. anyway you spell it, a walk off win is still a walk off win and it don't matter who your playing.

admit it babe, your just disappointed that we didn't blow it last nite. we'll see you in a couple of days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

Scoring one run off a journeyman starter for one of the worst teams in the majors is a sign of a team starting to jell? there's the key word babe...............the majors. anyway you spell it, a walk off win is still a walk off win and it don't matter who your playing. admit it babe, your just disappointed that we didn't blow it last nite. we'll see you in a couple of days.

Posted by Hammah29r2

Of course, I'm disappointed any time the red flops win, just as you are when the Yanks win. Pretty simple.

But back to the original point. Yes, a win is a win, but barely beating a journeyman starter on one of the worst teams in baseball is hardly what I would call a "sign that the team is starting to jell".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The offense was pretty pathetic last night..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxl94l. Show Bosoxl94l's posts

I much prefer leaving a pitcher in a game that's close, if the pitcher is still throwing well and if he and the catcher feel he's still strong. If he's removed, you're replacing a known factor with an unknown factor. It's fixing something that isn't broken. We know Beckett was and has been dominating lately. Until a reliever actually throws some pitches, we really don't know if he's going to be effective or not. I for one would have been upset if he was removed sooner. Then again, I'm an opponent of pitch counts.
    Don't forget "THE FRANCONA FACTOR" The opposition counts on it !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

Although I am glad to have the win, regardless of of the circumstances, I have yet to see the players on the field "jell" as a team. I stated in previous posts that someone(s) need to come forward and become the sparkplug that ignites some enthusiasm on the bench and on the field. Maybe we saw that spark last night.

Maybe the walk off win orchestrated by both a hitter, that has been the subject of recent criticism, (Crawford) and the baserunning of the young and exciting recent injury call-up (Iglesias) is the spark that is necessary to ignite this team.

Only time will tell but it will take more than a walk-off win to make me believe that this team is one cohesive unit. Hopefully we have seen the beginning of the transformation from individual baseball players to passionate teammates playing as one.

Getting back to the OP; Hitting .500 isn't a magic number to me. It should happen this evening. Sustaining some momentum and being in the hunt for a postseason slot is what's most important.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox were 7-2 at the Rogers Centre last year but were a combined 20-26 there the five previous seasons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In answer to the thread question ...

TONIGHT.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the sooner the better?

did i win???????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Shows what I know, eh?  If they reach .500 this week, it'll have to be done against the Yankees...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Since I'm never wrong, I guess I was mistaken about tonight.

Cry

Sections
Shortcuts